.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old November 28th, 2005, 02:48 AM

Corporal

RedRover is on a distinguished road
Default Help? Fill My Spritebook? [LIBRARY]

I don't currently have the graphic skills to do unit sprites (TGA pictures of Units and Leaders). I have had no luck at all trying to capture and paste sprites from the game.

The only options I can see are:

1) Borrow graphics from existing mods made by those with graphics skills.

2) Overwrite existing nations in such a way I don't mess with their black boxed graphics too much.

As far as I know, the second course locks me into using the base nation recruitment screen without being able to #clearrec (or do I have this wrong?).

We have a Unit Database now. We have databases for spells, items, and sites. Why can't we put together a workbook for unit/leader sprites as well?

To this end, I am attaching a (mostly blank) Excel workbook. It has spaces for the national troop types and identifies sprite commands that will work.

It is also mostly empty, except for Oceania. It is my hope we can fill it with useful commands.

There is a "Location" column on each page. If we can't get the black boxed sprite commands, maybe someone who has successfully extracted unit graphics would set up a folder of TGA files that we can key commands in the proper format to.

In other words, let's start a Modding Graphics Library here and now.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 394452-UnitSprite.xls (126.5 KB, 223 views)