.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:31 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default New Marine based user campaign?

Maybe I need to work on a 26th MEU Campaign to go with my 11th MEU Campaign . . .

Quote:
Camp Lejeune Marines To Libya
By WCTI Staff
POSTED: 6:22 pm EDT March 20, 2011
UPDATED: 10:44 am EDT March 23, 2011

ONSLOW COUNTY -- We've seen Camp Lejuene Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan and now they are joining the fight against Libya.

About 2,200 Marines from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, or 26th MEU will take part. Their mission is to help end the violence directed at the Libyan people.

Read more . . . .
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:31 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Marine based user campaign?

Yay! been waiting for some new user camps for a while, need any help?
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:04 AM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
Yay! been waiting for some new user camps for a while, need any help?
Might need some map help and a few "scenario" ideas along with some general text. Feel free to suggest away.
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:15 AM

Major

Something else I wanted to add . .

I know there are occasional posts of interests from other users asking about how to build scenarios/campaigns and some have even mentioned starting a project but then they never finish (its not an easy task).

That being said IF there is anyone who would like to create a scenario, or two for the campaign, I certainly welcome their support. I would also encourage anyone to submit scenario ideas, help with briefing texts, end mission briefing texts, etc.

The primary guidelines would be along the lines of, the scenario has to fit into the overall storyline and use the same base OOB. With the inclusion of branching scenario's the story could definitely take several paths to keep it interesting and increase replayability.
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:08 AM

First Lieutenant

Yeah, i have once started building a scenario or 2, but never got to finish them...
So what's the main story for it? 26th MEU attacks Libyan army forces in a conventional way?(or we could go spec ops again, i love air assaults)
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:09 AM

First Lieutenant

Yeah, i have once started building a scenario or 2, but never got to finish them...
So what's the main story for it? 26th MEU attacks Libyan army forces in a conventional way?(or we could go spec ops again, i love air assaults)
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
I'm thinking an airmobile oriented type of campaign, using their helicopter assets instead of their LAV's.

26th Marine Expeditionary Unit / 26 MEU [Landing Force Sixth Fleet (LF6F)]
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road

Sounds Great. I made a scenario once about elements of an MEU rescuing an embassy being over run. Started with a quick drop in(heli)(maybe reinforced platoon)of Recon to secure embassy and hold out until more forces could be brought in. They came in two phases. Heli - Rifle Company, that lands near embassy to relieve Recon and set up secure perimeter. Then Amphib - AAV and LAV that gains control of an airbase/landing area and reinforces around embassy.

There is air support in form of AH-1's. Had not added fixed wing support because this takes place too close in urban situation.

It is a basic design but I always wanted it to move beyond into maybe a stabilization operation similar to your 11th MEU, but using more of the battalion (or maybe whole MEU)assets; amphib, armor and heli. Would show off the balance of the MEU in small localized conflicts.

Could start unconventional then more conventional units are brought in as we find out that it is a military coup and the Marines will be drawn into it and are more than prepared.

I will try to post up my scenario later.

Just an idea.
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:13 AM

First Lieutenant

Yah, So a good starting point would be: USMC platoon sized force is isolated defending a block of a large city against large amounts of hostile
forces(libyan government?) then another USMC force joins the fight in some way such as:Air assault by choppers, Amphib assault if it's a coast city, or the conventional way, they start in the outskirts of the city and mus advance through the hostile forces to link up with the isolated platoon(give them a VERY high value so you won't risk moving them around and not being fast enough means they get overrun and destroyed, giving the enemy points to win the battle, or add useless civilians)

The the other scenarios could turn around the battle for the city(This would make the conflict intense and short, with time between battles of a few hours, near 0 repair, difficult campaign) Or for the rest of the country, making it a more conventional war

Just Brainstorming...
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:23 AM

First Lieutenant

Yah, So a good starting point would be: USMC platoon sized force is isolated defending a block of a large city against large amounts of hostile
forces(libyan government?) then another USMC force joins the fight in some way such as:Air assault by choppers, Amphib assault if it's a coast city, or the conventional way, they start in the outskirts of the city and mus advance through the hostile forces to link up with the isolated platoon(give them a VERY high value so you won't risk moving them around and not being fast enough means they get overrun and destroyed, giving the enemy points to win the battle, or add useless civilians)

The the other scenarios could turn around the battle for the city(This would make the conflict intense and short, with time between battles of a few hours, near 0 repair, difficult campaign) Or for the rest of the country, making it a more conventional war

Just Brainstorming...