.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 13th, 2023, 06:48 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Omaha Beach - Scen #9

Odd it was smoke, but yet no smoke was used in the battles when I saw the junk, unless the AI was dropping in off map.
Old October 13th, 2023, 07:41 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

Could be some of the off map, counter battery fire lands short and just happens to fall on the map.
Old October 13th, 2023, 08:54 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Could be some of the off map, counter battery fire lands short and just happens to fall on the map.
Makes sense.
Old October 13th, 2023, 09:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
Odd it was smoke, but yet no smoke was used in the battles when I saw the junk, unless the AI was dropping in off map.
Show me a save game of a battle in progress with no smoke at all anywhere on the map

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 14th, 2023, 12:26 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Show me a save game of a battle in progress with no smoke at all anywhere on the map
Okay, next one I get where the junk is at the start of the fight or shows up when I go to set up my forces on the left side of the map I will.
Old October 14th, 2023, 01:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Omaha Beach - Scen #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg View Post
Suggestion: Play scenario #400 (Tarawa, 11/20/43) as AI vs AI and let the game run. Around turn 40 it always crashes for me.

If this is a bug I would assume it happens for everyone but, if not, then it's something on my end.

Thank you for your time.

I started scenario #400 just before bed last night and let it run AI vs AI using the experimental EXE

It was still running when I got up.

It was on Turn 50

No junk anywhere and obviously it did not crash the game

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 14th, 2023, 01:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, next one I get where the junk is at the start of the fight or shows up when I go to set up my forces on the left side of the map I will.
If you can show me a map with no units set up on the left side of the map where no turn had been played and there is junk terrain around the left edge I will be very interested in seeing it given the origins of this issue has been traced back to V1 so what you descibe has taken 18 years to be reported and it was reported after we annouced we appear to have found a fix for it.

Old October 14th, 2023, 04:54 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

From memory, I can't remember if it was only indirect smoke rounds that caused the junk or some other type of indirect artillery that caused the junk. It's also important to consider that off map artillery may be causing the junk. Anyway, I hope your testing methods are thorough because players will now be looking for it, and expect it to be fixed if a fix to the problem is issued.
Old October 14th, 2023, 09:39 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you can show me a map with no units set up on the left side of the map where no turn had been played and there is junk terrain around the left edge I will be very interested in seeing it given the origins of this issue has been traced back to V1 so what you descibe has taken 18 years to be reported and it was reported after we annouced we appear to have found a fix for it.
I am not arguing with you Don, so stick a pin in the ego and save that for someone who is. My comment was I found it odd that is all. Get off your high horse over things. I get it you don't like it when folks are critical of things. Guess what, I am not being that. It's an odd bug that is all.

If I have a map that pops up the junk terrain prior to deploying troops and prior to the opening shots of the game going off, I will indeed post it. If the bug is indeed coming from the smoke code then hey great problems solved.

Save the hostile comments for those who are going full bore into things, which none of us here are doing.
Old October 15th, 2023, 08:12 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:

If I have a map that pops up the junk terrain prior to deploying troops and prior to the opening shots of the game going off, I will indeed post it. .
Great...that is all I was asking for but reading things in to my posts that are not there has been going on for years. Welcome to the club

Repeated testing showed the catalyst was smoke generated on the map and "smoke" can be fires from a destroyed tank or barrel smoke from a fired mortar or smoke generated from arty impacts..... and of course, smoke shells

So YES both Andy and I would be very interested in seeing a map that has not had any battle played on it yet that shows the type of terrain junk along the west edge that was showing up after a few turns of battle.

IF one can be produced we can see if the fix Andy made corrects it when it is loaded with the experimental EXE.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: