.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 25th, 2006, 05:59 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Quote:
Kojusoki said:
Im not sure if the following are bugs or not...:
-during siege, my Castle has for example 300 Supply. After a few turns supply goes down to 50 and even lower - does it mean that the soldiers inside are eating out their supply? I thought it is an amount of food which is enough for a particular amount of defenders to hold their position for a long long time... And the dominion, death scale and other doesn't not impact.

That's how it's supposed to work.

Supply = (base supply of fortress / siege turn #) + supply from units or items

Break the siege; use troops that don't need to eat; or use magic items or units that add to supply.

Edit:
Well, technically, item/unit supply doesn't add to supply; it reduces supply required. Same effect, but it's reported differently.
Old October 25th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Corporal

Tyrian is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Problem during calculation of a turn, the game stop when resolving a battle
It seems to be a infinite loop or something like that, the processor is 100% used, but the music have no problem, the game just seems to resolve the turn battle 3 of the first battle for a infinite time. The savegame is in the zip attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 463063-Ermor_EA.zip (465.1 KB, 73 views)
Old October 26th, 2006, 01:14 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Another funny one: I've created two Polypal Mother pretenders for R'lyeh and both times the pretender, presumably female, has been gifted with male titles, aka 'He' etc and 'Prince of' whatever As a side note along this line, it would be nice if we could choose the sex of pretenders who don't have a set gender, such as great krackens or divine glyphs, and if we also got a message when creating pretenders that specified male or female, as some magic items are gender-affecting.
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:31 AM

Private

DeSangre is on a distinguished road

A weird thing happened to me in my last game.

Basically all or my provinces are now considered "hostile" as far as tooltips are concerned. (e.g. The province contains about 60 hostile units. etc.)

I don't think this is anything more than a display problem, but it's very annoying. I can't remember exactly when that happened. Maybe I just tried to break a siege, and the suddenly I got these strange tooltips. I ended the turn, to see if it was temporary, but it seems like I'm "flagged" hostile for life as far as tooltips are concerned. I thought others would've had this bug, but after reading through the 25 pages, it seems not!
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:10 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Son of Heavens has no attack sprite

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default New map editor bug

I've just discovered a map editor bug. If you would like to set a province to work as a starting position, the game won't recognize it as a spawn point, if the same province contains fresh water. [IE. "fresh water" flag on & "no start" flag off]

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:41 AM

Major

Default Re: New map editor bug

Ive found yet another bug.

Encase in ice is a w3 spell, and since some of my jotun skrattis have "spawned" with w3 magic, I've decided to try out this spell....however they cannot cast it! [its greyed out on set battle orders / cast specific spell list]

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:53 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

It only works on underwater. I think.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:55 AM

Major

Quote:
Nerfix said:
It only works on underwater. I think.
Hehe yeah, imo that must be it. We've just discussed about it on IRC, and we figured it out. "transforms the water surrounding some enemies" ... I should've read the description more carefully.

Old October 27th, 2006, 10:02 AM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DominionsFan said:
I've just discovered a map editor bug. If you would like to set a province to work as a starting position, the game won't recognize it as a spawn point, if the same province contains fresh water. [IE. "fresh water" flag on & "no start" flag off]
Are you sure? I think you hardly can be ... :
The "no start" flag is not meant to be set in ALL province other than those 5 you want the nations to start in, its only there to mark 'special' provinces which should not be used as starting positions when those are randomly distributed.
As soon as you overlook 1 province somewhere, you can't tell if either the "fresh water" province really wasn't considered as starting position, or if it was just the RNG that positioned the nation elsewhere.

If you want to give every nation its own fixed starting position, use:
#specstart <nation nbr> <provincenbr>
Use this command to assign a specific nation to a specific
start location. Nation nbrs can be found in the modding
manual.

If you want to specifiy provinces where a nation might start, but want to have them distributed randomly among those provinces, use:
#start <province nbr>
By creating at least one start location for each player,
every player will start at one of these locations.