.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM

Corporal

hoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mists of Time: Early Era Game [full]

Since almost everyone wants to do this, I'll agree. I think I have a much better chance than Van thinks. I almost match him in gem income and double his astral income w/o the nexus. I'm also growing more quickly than Van currently is.

I figured on taking 20-30 Van provinces with my opening attack.

But if Lanka and Pan are going to fight for Van, then I can't win. I doubt I can win the death match b/c I'm assuming most SCs will be wished up.
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Sergeant

Stretch is on a distinguished road

Lords and Combatants,

It is official! All nations have signed the pact, and all nations shall abide by the result of the Tournament of Champions. The Wish will be cast this month. Call forth your champions! Fire up the forges! Prepare yourselves!

The people of all nations breathe a vast sigh of relief. The constant eradication of townsfolk, province defense, national troops, and the best and brightest of each nation will come to a close. Soon, this war shall end, and in spectacular fashion. Bets fly back and forth as to what nation will send what champion, and who will win out. The populace is in a frenzy which will culminate 2 months hence when the battle is fought.

Eight champions enter! One champion leaves!

- A courier from Vanheim
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road

Now that score tables are available on llama, we can judge for ourselves how this was going. I'm not changing my mind or anything. But it is nice to see that I wasn't as far out of the top five as some thought.
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how much they really reveal at this stage. They don't show blood or gem gen income. Or the Nexus apparently? Though income from it may just have dropped drastically this turn. I know I didn't bother casting or forging anywhere near as much as I had when the wars were continuing.

And the other measures mean very little at this stage.

It would have been more interesting to see the history, not just the one-turn snapshot.
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:06 PM

Corporal

hoo is on a distinguished road

Graphs aren't too meaningful other than I had Van pegged at 6 caps. I normally wouldn't have agreed as I can get 7 caps pretty quickly (R'lyeh falls this turn and Hel/Arco are pretty much mine). Then it's a question of where to get the other 3 and Ermor would have been 1.

Anyway, what are the rules for this contest, if any?
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Sergeant

Stretch is on a distinguished road

Equip and send your champion this turn. Have the last champion standing when the reports come through next turn. Revel in victory or wallow in defeat!

I do think that it would behoove us to find someone that we could send 2h files to when we're done, just in case something (god forbid) screws up with dominions 3/version 2.34/etc and wished-for death matches.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road

So most everyone has finished research? I'd be interested to know when. I'm very surprised that TC finished before they were done in - I guess that makes me feel good having fought through all that

Here's full disclosure for Pangaea:

Regular gem income you can see from the charts. Must have been pulling in around 100 or so E gems from Blood Stones as well. Not as useful as S gems of course, but the Blood Stones have good combat use as well. After finishing research, Slave income was steadily increasing, probably close 300 last turn, and going up quickly (lots of Transformed Pans, otherwise unfit for combat, now available; Circle Masters taken from TC; and Garnet Sorceresses; combined with a low need for cash = lots of growth opportunity). I was beginning to spam vampires like mad - might have been fun with Dom push (Jade Knives are easy, cheap temples, Dom-9 pretender chassis) and Army of Lead, etc.. Plus Tarts galore coming on line, Dust Priests, Troll Kings, and so on.

But the victory conditions would have been damn hard to achieve (and a 'traditional' victory damn long) with Pangaea's plodding style of wearing down foes with massive numbers.

Oh, theJeff, you wondered why your bombardments were not so effective? I'd guess Gift of Health helped out a lot there - 20+ HP Maenads, Foul Spawn, Vine Creatures, and such, probably hold up a lot better than the 10+ HP variety. Basically, they were just a big gem sink, although you did kill a few Dryads and Lizard Shamans with valuable gear on them with those spells. But probably not close to what you spent in casting them.

Hm, lots of interesting stuff this game. Maybe I'll write up a little AAR of what I remember after the Elite 8 is over with
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road

Götterdämmerung! The twilight of the Pretenders is here. We are down to mere hours to see who shall survive Ragnarök (Lanka, Marverni, TNN, and Vanheim have yet to submit, with only about 8 hours to go until hosting).

Queen Pony, the Mistress of the Emerald Void, stands ready (or has she chosen a champion, great or small, to represent her?)!

Atlantis, the decision at Pirenna shall be decided now! We hope you are prepared - the battle should be most spectacular!

In this last month of the World as we know it, Pangaea also seeks other venues of entertainment, and to test it's strength. Marverni! We see you have many Chayots, Iron Dragons, and a Seraph, in the Yellow Mountains - we cannot let this opportunity for a challenge go unanswered, so prepare for a visit!

Others who might like to join the fun there, well, I'm sure Reality can be delayed long enough for all to give the appropriate orders.

Let us end things with a bang, not a whimper. There can be only ONE!

Sincerely,

Servant of Pony, the Sole Queen, Eternal and Alone in the Endless Greene.
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road

Congratulations TwoBits and Pangaea! Two players staled, and it looked to me like R'lyeh's golem got two tries, can you escape Cocytos and get back into the tournament?
Old March 20th, 2010, 12:20 AM

BANNED USER

Frozen Lama is on a distinguished road

Could you guys post a .trn so we can see the arena battles? i assume its over now?