This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old January 14th, 2004, 01:35 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

I designed a ship with one engine. In the design window and in the ship window it states that there is a movement of one for the ship.

So I built it.

In reality it has a movement of zero.

Which sucks cause now I have to retro it.

This my friends is a bug.

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

More like a poor design decision. It comes directly from the fact that the engines use both standard movement and bonus movement on the engines, while having a higher engines per move value than stock. So, the ships function exactly how they should, given how the data files are set up. Ships must have at least one full movement point from standard / engines per move before the ship gets any movement points from bonus movement. Now, the game should not be displaying any movement in the design screen before it gets any real movement, but it does. That is the bug.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperator Fyron:
More like a poor design decision. It comes directly from the fact that the engines use both standard movement and bonus movement on the engines, while having a higher engines per move value than stock. So, the ships function exactly how they should, given how the data files are set up. Ships must have at least one full movement point from standard / engines per move before the ship gets any movement points from bonus movement. Now, the game should not be displaying any movement in the design screen before it gets any real movement, but it does. That is the bug.
Not poor design Fyron, dilibrate design. Impulse engines / warp engines. This way a player has to have BOTH in order to make a ship go.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by tesco samoa:
I designed a ship with one engine. In the design window and in the ship window it states that there is a movement of one for the ship.

So I built it.

In reality it has a movement of zero.

Which sucks cause now I have to retro it.

This my friends is a bug.
This is a Bug in SEIV as the design should not show any movement points. The purpose behind having to have more than one engine is to simulate impulse and warp drive combinations. Impuse engines drive the ship, Warp cores provide the warp field. The higher the warp core, the better the field and the further you can go per turn.
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kwok:
quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
Klingons love rats
Of course, most cultures always love themselves the most.
Spoken words could never have been more twisted than these. We are not the ones with pointed ears Romulan! We are not the ones who skulk around the map hiding mines, like rat turds. All because we love rats, they make good feed for our pet targs, does not me we love Romulans. They make poor feed for our Targs. I know this first hand.
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Star Trek Mod v1.3.9

1. Added (Requires 2 to move) to the Abilities Description of Warp Core I - VI
2. Added (Requires 2 Impulse Engiens to move) to the Abilities Description for Warp Core I - IV
3. Added (Requires 2 Impulse Engiens to move) to the Abilities Description to all other Special engines
4. Added (Requires 2 Impulse Engiens to move) to the Abilities Description for Quantum Singularity Engine I - III
5. Added (Requires 2 Impulse Engiens to move) to the Abilities Description for Borg Transwarp Conduit Drive I - III
6. Changed Removed second ability from Romulan Quantum Singularity Engine I - III because it was a illegal design
7. Added New Splash screen by David E. Gervais
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:47 PM

Sergeant

solops is on a distinguished road

I keep getting missing image Messages. What's up? I have the image mod installed.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. Judge Learned Hand
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that They are not out to get you.

Old January 14th, 2004, 08:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by solops:
I keep getting missing image Messages. What's up? I have the image mod installed.
What images are missing Solops?

You might have an outdated Version of the IMAGE mod.

Fyron has the latest Version on his web site, www.spaceempires.net/home
Old January 14th, 2004, 08:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

For those of you who know David E G. you know that he has made the bulk of our avatars that many of use use now. Well David has moved beyond the Avatars and has made us a very very cool new splash screen for the Star Trek Mod.

I want to express my sincere thanks to David for doing this and want to welcome him as a new contributer to the mod. Thank you David.
http://www.astmod.com/startrek/stmimages/Intro.JPG

I will post the new splash screen for download in a few days. I am working on finalizing the 1.4.0 Version of the mod.

[ January 14, 2004, 19:04: Message edited by: Atrocities ]
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

AMF is on a distinguished road

I've gotta admit, I've been sort of perplexed by the image mods. There are combat packs 9 and 10, facility packs, and component packs.

I used the latest Versions of them, and they plopped out a whole mess 'o images and the rollup files with them, but, looking through them, I see big gaps in the numbers. It looks like in at least one case it jumps over 200 images. Does this mean those images are missing?

I guess my basic confusion is that there are multiple image packs, with very similar names, and the instructions on how to install them were not immediately clear. Do you install the latest one only, or do you install the patch to bring it up to the latest Version? (and are these things operationally equivalent?)

And, forgive me, since i know the answer to this question will be "duh" but I sort of gave the image mod files the idiot test to see if they were idiot proof, since I'm an idiot and always seem to lack the time to actually read the instructions carefully...but, from another point of view, doing an idiot proof test is sometimes useful for feedback...

thanks,

Alarik

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
quote:
Originally posted by solops:
What images are missing Solops?

You might have an outdated Version of the IMAGE mod.

Fyron has the latest Version on his web site, www.spaceempires.net/home