This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:12 AM

Corporal

Miketee10022 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what is the next step for winspww2?

This is a good thread! Answering a lot of my questions!

Just putting my own two cents in - rather than big changes in basic procedures - such as resolving combat - I would like to see some 'tweaks' to the interface. Specifically, the ability to use formation commands for more than just Opportunity Fire or movement. For example, I would like to see the ability via a menu to select an entire formation to appear as a reinforcement on a given turn - setting the probablility of appearence as well for the entire formation.

Thanks again for a great game!
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:34 AM

Private

IronHat is on a distinguished road

I would be happy with better support for window 7 and 8.

and an all encompassing patch for 5.0.
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Please detail what "better" support you could want for win 7 as it works perfectly on our Win 7 test machine. As for Win 8 the ONLY report we have so far is the Beta worked great with the game.

An "all encompassing patch" for both games already exists but I cannot say at this time when it will be released.

Don
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM

Private

IronHat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Please detail what "better" support you could want for win 7 as it works perfectly on our Win 7 test machine. As for Win 8 the ONLY report we have so far is the Beta worked great with the game.

An "all encompassing patch" for both games already exists but I cannot say at this time when it will be released.

Don
is it possible to completely resolve the issue with program file path, or the issue with alt tabbing in full screen mode?

nice to hear that an mega patch is in the work.
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:56 PM

Sergeant

Rosollia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
is it possible to completely resolve the issue with program file path, or the issue with alt tabbing in full screen mode?
With the program file path issue, you can simply install the game outside of Program Files folder. Also if you turn off the anoying Windows UAC feature you can install and run the game fine even from the Program Files folder.

If you want to play the game in full screen and use alt+tab you could try the alternate fix that I posted here:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49236
I have not gotten any feedback as to how it works yet for others but on my own Windows 7 machines it worked.
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Once we are able to co-ordinate the change over ALL versions of the game will be set up to install outside program files.

However, The "program files" issue ONLY affects people who DON'T know the game should be installed outside program files when using win7. If you know it should be installed outside program files there is no reason NOT TO install it outside program files.

Also, I can think of no reason why anyone would need to alt-tab out of full screen mode . If you need to move between programs use windowed mode set to desktop mode and any "issue" will be resolved and if you are using the free version then maybe it's time to upgrade.

Don
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Sergeant

Rosollia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also, I can think of no reason why anyone would need to alt-tab out of full screen mode . If you need to move between programs use windowed mode set to desktop mode and any "issue" will be resolved and if you are using the free version then maybe it's time to upgrade.
I wonder if the screen scrolling works as fluently in "windowed mode set to desktop mode" as in a real full screen mode? I have played the free version in a 800x600 window with the desktop resolution also set to 800x600.
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...t=47170&page=3
This fills the screen with the game window but it is still a window and the scrolling is not as good as in the full screen mode. Maybe it works better in the CD version?
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosollia View Post
I wonder if the screen scrolling works as fluently in "windowed mode set to desktop mode" as in a real full screen mode? I have played the free version in a 800x600 window with the desktop resolution also set to 800x600.
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...t=47170&page=3
This fills the screen with the game window but it is still a window and the scrolling is not as good as in the full screen mode. Maybe it works better in the CD version?
I can tell you unfortunately in CD version the scrolling is just as bad when set to desktop resolution, because some weird cursor behavior on edge of window oftentimes just stop your scrolling at all. It's all just the same whether 800x600 windowed or desktop windowed, when you move the cursor "too fast" to the edge it will stop scrolling at all. Besides, the "movement sensor pixel" area is really obscuring some buttons on the map editor. You can't click the button without triggering an annoying map scroll. If the pixel area is set to low, the map stops scrolling now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Currently, nothing beats the smoothness and hassle-free scrolling in the full-screen mode. Nuff said.
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post

I can tell you unfortunately in CD version the scrolling is just as bad when set to desktop resolution, because some weird cursor behavior on edge of window oftentimes just stop your scrolling at all.

This may be what you observe but don't you think if *WE* saw what you claim to see that we wouldn't have fixed it ??

I have NEVER experienced ANYTHING like you describe when I scroll the game and when Andy gets back he can confirm this with both his XP and win7 computers so it's not the game....it's the way you have it set up and BECAUSE every system is different we added adjustments so players can fine tune the game to suit their system

Have you made any attempt to adjust the scroll speed or opened up CAMOGAME.INI to adjust Scroll sensitivity ?

I get JUST A LITTLE PI**ED OFF when people make blanket statements like "in CD version the scrolling is just as bad" when I *KNOW* it works just fine in all our development machines and NOBODY else is making or has made claims like this.

Don
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:26 PM

Corporal

Spledge is on a distinguished road
Post Re: what is the next step for winspww2?

The vision I have for the game is to make it a web based game where folks play the game directly through a browser with real-time (or as reasonable as possible) updating of events. Players could also play live, online head-to-head, and even utilize game and/or turn time limits if desired similar to playing online chess.

Just my wish list.