Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 6th, 2015, 01:31 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Don,
Got LEOPARD 2A7+/UNIT 267 and LEOPARD 2A6/UNIT 037 as the best fit. That UNIT 037 seemed the best fit and should be extended on it's own until 12/20 vice 12/14, did I miss a LEOPARD(s) 2A6 until 12/20 somewhere else in the German OOB? If so sorry but, I didn't see it. They should have them that long and beyond.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old January 6th, 2015, 02:27 AM

Lieutenant General

Just waiting for the meds to kick in so I don't hack myself to sleep, found the other LEOPARD 2A6 it would be UNIT 277 again both should be pushed out until 12/20 and copied and added as new units with ATTICA FCS as noted in the previous two posts. Those UNIT numbers stuck in my head for some reason, due to recent tank deal we just entered in the last Patch-for Poland maybe?
Anyway they've kicked in and I'm done though I expect to now be counting LEOPARDS in my sleep!
Have a good night and day!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 6th, 2015, 07:35 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Better Leopards then being a Soviet boomer sailor counting Seawolves.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old January 6th, 2015, 08:06 PM

Lieutenant General

True but, I'd them now be rather having nightmares over the VIRGINIA Class Boats. One of standard responses to those I see on the base who say "I'm/We're just livin the dream at the Bay" is "Well even a Nightmare is a Dream" it's a work thing.

Regards,
Pat

Old January 20th, 2015, 03:40 AM

Lieutenant General

See this in the APC Thread as a continuation of a discussion there.

Getting this into the home Thread so I can TRACK THESE DEVELOPMENTS FOR SUBMISSION PURPOSES.

Now you know why I've used this site (OPLOT/OPLOT-M) and have kept it but, the "boys" from Ukraine I'm sure have contacts or use the site themselves. Any way I show the history tank section this might be of some general use especially dealing with pre and WWII tanks. The site is rich in data after all this plant has been making tanks for over 75 years. The cautionary note here is dealing with the upgrades available that the data fields are looked at completely so as not to miss items such as gun upgrades and protection benefits (With tested values.)of items such as ERA like NOZH etc. You have to remember they are in the business to make money and have been very successful in the export business in countries like Thailand and Iraq.
http://morozovkmdb.com/eng/body/tank...?page=history5

I don't know where we're at with the Ukrainian tanks but the last one I submitted was the OPLOT-M and modifications to the OPLOT. So I suspect at least a couple of these will need to be submitted. Further I will move this post to it's home thread later just wanted to wrap this "chain of events" up here.
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t72ua1.htm
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t64e.htm
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t64b1m.htm

(JANE'S (And others.) has reported the two above as in service, there are reports of a T-64B2M as well FCS upgrades probably in line with the T-84 below. Also it seems the T-72UA1 MIGHT BE in service as well though they have better options in the field now.)
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t64bm_bulat.htm
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t84.htm

(For reference to the previous ref above.)

A note on NOZH is that it has very similar characteristics of the same armor package used on the MERKAVA. It is in essence a further development of KONTACT-5 which Russia a couple of years ago (In MBT Thread.) accused the Ukraine of stealing. As noted it improves protection especially when used in conjunction with "conventional" ERA. Right now not many reports of Ukrainian T-72 or OPLOTs being used actively in the current crisis. Same for reports that the T-72BM3 is operating within the Ukraine sightings thus far have been confirmed as newer T-64 variants and possible older T-72 types. However the T-72BM3 has been confirmed on being seen inside the Russian border with the Ukraine. Again some of this is in the MBT Thread.

Regards,
Pat

Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:46 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Seems the Leopard 2A7+ should have a 12.7mm AAMG and no 40mm GL.

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/leopard_2a7.htm

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

..and we may have been mislead when it was released as to the turret shape...... what we have in there now may not be the 2A7 but an add on package..... this needs further digging
Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Does this LEO 2A7+ discussion have anything to do Posts 309 (Bottom of.) and 310? To get to the root of this issue also Pg. 9/Post 84 Item A6 (I was just there in looking for the Post # those KMW links are dead w/404 Error Code.) will be important as this drove the original submission I think. But I offered what I think happened in the previous two posts noted. Also within the last two weeks the German Govt. voted not to sell any military equipment to Saudi Arabia. I had already posted on the fact (w/refs.) that the much discussed deal of the purchase of 200 LEOPARD 2A7+ was killed by the Govt. about a year ago or more now. Except for the JANE'S article in the bottom of Post 309, not much on this.

Refs we didn't have at the time but in the quick...they can be armed with either the 7.62mm/40mmGL or 7.62mm/12.5mm secondary armament...
http://www.armyrecognition.com/germa...scription.html
http://www.army-technology.com/proje...n-battle-tank/
and again...
http://www.janes.com/article/46904/g...eopard-2a7-mbt

Qatar is supposed to get ~200 of these tanks next year late.

When was the LEOPARD 2A7+ put in the OOB?

Back sort of, nothing an excellent day/night in Savannah/a surprise room upgrade/a very good dinner/a fine Irish folk singer and a handful of "Imperial Pints" couldn't cure to clear my head and doing it with CINCLANTHOME-Priceless.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 3rd, 2015 at 09:51 PM..
Old February 4th, 2015, 12:58 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

This is getting ridiculous chasing this stuff back and forth on a thread with 318+ posts......"Pg. 9/Post 84 Item A6".... THERE IS NO POST 84 ON PAGE 9...... PAGE 9 posts run 161 - 180 but there is a page 5post 84 item A6 and the LEOPARD 2A7+ was put in THREE YEARS AGO.... oh yeah NOW I REMEMEBER why we said were were taking a sabattical
Old February 4th, 2015, 03:14 AM

Lieutenant General

Do we have a page setup difference of some kind? I see in this thread Page 9/Post 84/11-17-10,03:40AM/with Posts 81-90 on that page. I actually had two tabs opened so I won't mess up that information. The way I see Page 5/Posts 41-50/w/Post 41/05-22-10,10:58PM/From John (IMP)/Clarifying an earlier Post of getting back on topic in the first post. And speaking of that, the reason I asked when the 2A7+ was entered, was because of the way I wrote up the A7 submission as if the 2A7+ was already in the game and I had no back up on that piece of equipment because of the system crash I had earlier this year that also cost me two years of future submission work as well due to time and armor related priority in what I did submit over the last couple of years. Bottom-line...Posts 309 (Bottom), 310 & 318 is ALL that's needed to fix this issue.

Regards,
Pat