.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM

Sergeant

Nikolai is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big Game-Rule Clarification

San Diego County. I moved one week ago, and now it's in danger of burning. Although they say looks better today for particular area.

Who said California has no seasons?
Fire Flood Earthquakes... and I forget the fourth.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Hippies. The seasons in California are Fire, Flood, Earthquake and Hippies.

Piece of advice - if you're on a stretch of sandy cliffs (like, say, the ones near UCSD) and you strike up a conversation about someone with a beard and no shirt about the coastal access law, do not then ask them for directions back to street level, because the directions they give you will put you through as much private property as they can manage .
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

I am flying to NY tomorrow(Friday) morning and will not be taking my laptop with me. So I will be out of pocket until Sunday evening. If a situation arises where you need a delay of 24 hours, your only recourse is to email Llamabeast and ask him to delay host.

I have a bench pass and will be on the Rutgers' sidelines as they host WVU this Saturday.
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:25 AM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

The last turn I submitted was to set my nation to AI, I didn't script any orders except that. It seems that my order wasn't accepted. I will try to set myself to AI again.
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Lieutenant General

Default Game Over?

Does anyone Object to me declaring the game over? Agartha is AI, Mictlan is going AI, Pythium has staled 2 turns in a row and is going to be put to AI if they stale a 3rd time in a row. Atlantis is the only player left doing his turns now, and he not in a good position.

For those tracking the thread, Arcos, Ryleh, Agartha are all AI, and Dr. P has said he is putting Mictlan to AI. The last Nik posted, he said he(Pythium) was conceding, but he has not actually gone AI.

The score graphs show me with a strong lead(Shinuyama gray line)

There are no victory conditions set for this game-so if anyone wants to slug it out to the end, I am glad to do so.
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:57 AM

Corporal

Zoshan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game Over?

I as Atlantis will give up if everyone goes AI. Thanks for the game had alot of fun.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Lieutenant General

Default Re: Game Over!

Pythium staled for his 3rd time in a row, and the last human player Atlantis concedes, so I am declaring the game to be officially over on turn 81.

Final thanks to all of the players who helped test the mod. A good bit of effort will go into final tuning the mod before Epic Heroes II.

The game did show me I was far too worried about the impact of the Epic Heroes. None of the Heroes had much of an effect on the game except at the start. And the effect they have at the start is to give a nation more flexibility in pretender design.

Many races that otherwise must take an awake pretender, do not have to do so with an Epic Hero. Some of the Epic Heroes
were not quite up to snuff_Agartha, Atlantis, and Shinuyama.
They will be a bit tougher.

Dr. P has helped convince me that Epic Heroes should be Epic. Epic means game changing. Tien Chi's Epic Hero will get his wings back. The only nerfs will come to assassin Epic Heroes. They will lose their fear. An assassin should have to kill the bodyguards-he should not be able to just scare them off.

This game was a mix of new players, and wily veterans. That made for some mismatches early in the game. I do think GM having to pull out of the game due to real life work issues had a dramatic effect on the game.

GM is the Elephant Master and I doubt they would have been a nonfactor had he remained at the helm. GM was a very tough out in Alpaca-and that was with normal Elephants. With War Elephants trained by the Arcos. Epic Hero, GM would have been a terror.

Dr. P gets a medal for subbing twice after he lost a 1 v 2 war early on to Mictlan and Arcos.

It was a fun game-and hopefully some of this cast at least will return for Epic Heroes Mod II.