.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Amoscalypse Now - FFA Mod game (1 spot is open!)

There has been an interest in playing a "free for all" mod nations game from a number of players, so I'll be hosting one for 6-8 nations. The idea is to have ANY mod nation in that you want, completely unchanged, and you get to play them against other mod nations. No whining about missing balance, because there won't be any attempt by me or others to enforce it. Take any of those mod nations that are perceived as "overpowered" compared to standard nations, like Urdheim, The Infinite Horde or any of Amos' mods or whatever other mod nation you want, even fun stuff like Mushroom Kingdom is welcome. No Conceptual Balance, bash your opponents head in with the most powerful arsenal you got!

Requirements: The mod nation should be finished and playable, and be some effort at modding. No shabby last-minute mod nation you just throw out right now to win this game...

Total number of players will depend on the mods we use, since the game has limitations that I can't ignore. At least six nations would be able to play together in any case, I think. Era and map are yet undecided, but I guess I'll aim for a wraparound map, maybe one of DireAussie's creations. Hosting will be at 48 hours quickhosting again, with turn notification via email and web stats like usual.

If you wanna join, then sign up here and say which mod nation you want to play, the more powerful the better... Please provide a link to the mod thread in case it isn't on the mod list yet, too. I'll create a mod for this game which has everything in it you need to play when we have decided on nations - grab your spot while you can!

Current players can be found at the last page.
Emergency comic relief
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:17 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod game: Amoscalypse Now

I guess an explanation is in order for the uninitiated who didn't hear about this idea before: Dom3 has a number of people who take a lot of effort to get new nations into the game which aren't there by default. There are some very beautiful creations around in the "Dom 3 Scenarios, Maps and Mods" forum. However, many of these creations are aiming to create a fun new single player game, and are not on par with the base nations. Trying to get them on the same power level as base nations would mean to greatly lobotomize the nation from the original version. So they would hardly see any action in MP games, which is a shame considered that there are some very beautiful creations around that fall into this category. So, the idea is to have a fun game instead of a serious one, allow anything, and hope that people picking the most powerful mods (or diplomacy) balances it out again.

And mod creators can try out their own mods against other mods in a semi-serious game... (hint hint, DrPraetorius!)

The game name is courtesy of Sombre, by the way...
Emergency comic relief
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Just thought I'd point out that Sensori has reserved Mushroom Kingdom for himself, provided that I mod in a Cillit Bang! spell.

And remember that I (very likely) didn't make any of these nations, so don't come crying to me if they go wrong, hahah. I suggest playtesting whichever nation you fancy playing in the game before it actually starts and remember we won't be using Conceptual Balance Mod or making any effort to keep things balanced. Choose a vanilla balanced nation at your own peril! Actually, you should probably try to pick one that's likely to be overpowered, or you'll get eaten alive. I suggest Amos' mods, from any age, because they have been tested against each other and follow his own balance standards.
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:43 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

Ok I'm in with Amos's Seraphim: Angelic Crusade
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM

BANNED USER

Count me in with Amos' Stigian Corruption nation.
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Sergeant

Nikolai is on a distinguished road

I was told a joke, that I did not get. Does anyone know why "Just ask for any of Cohen's mod" is funny?

I want to try the Kobolds (Urdheim)
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road

sorry
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:21 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

According to Sombre's post Sensori has reserved Mushroom Kingdom Folket.

Just passing through...
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:50 PM

Corporal

Xox is on a distinguished road

What a great idea! Count me in for this game.

Still looking at possibilities but I to reserve the Blood Elves for now. i have a question. Must I choose the Prince of many Faces as my pretender for this mod? The mod maker says something to that effect in the thread Is that just a suggestion, a good idea, or a rule for this mod?
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:25 AM

BANNED USER

I don't think there are any rules, really. So it's up to you based on what he said in the original thread.