.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals. Full (Organizing)

Squid bait? Use clams. The squids are suffering serious withdrawal symptoms.

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old February 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

I would like to add my vote for the following mods:

Holy War
CPCS
FW Thugs
Magic site mod
Standards & Streamers
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

Mark of the Champion DBS (mod that disables game-winning bonus sites) and a GM mod

-links to these mods pls?
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:54 PM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

Well Mister Pantokrator, if your passing grog out the fellas here in Hinnom could stand a drop. The weather has been a bit hot lately and little grog would be fine... sure do appreciate how the slaves dress this time of year. We are not so sure about our abilities at oar pulling but we got Ed practicing right now with arms and legs. Speaking of, it's dinner time!
Old February 8th, 2010, 01:55 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
I would like to add my vote for the following mods:

Holy War
CPCS
FW Thugs
Magic site mod
Standards & Streamers
I moved the mod-vote "tally up" counter to the first post. All of you have until wednesday to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarist View Post
Mark of the Champion DBS (mod that disables game-winning bonus sites) and a GM mod

-links to these mods pls?
I added link to the Mark of the Champion mod to the first post. As for the other mods:

DBS: Just disables some sites so that they cannot be randomly generated. If you want to download it, just follow my signature link. From the mod description:
"This mod disables vanilla school bonus sites, which possess at least one of the following: Alteration or Construction bonus of any level, Conjuration or Blood bonus of over 20, or other school bonus over 30."

GM mod: Is a special mod that grants the Pantokrator player free wishes, obsence summons and the like. It only affects me, so it's not that important for testing.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

Holy War -
CPCS + (said earlier)
FW Thugs -
Magic site mod -
Banned Spells +
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:34 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Holy War - yes
CPCS - yes
FW Thugs - yes
Magic site mod - yes
Standards & Streamers - yes
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:36 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

The leaders of Shinuyama were gripped by fervent fevers, when last they posted. Of course we do not damn the Pantokrater, but embrace him, and all that he does while he remains in this world.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 8th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Okay, I've listed up the Ordeals. If I find willing 3rd parties, I might show them off to make sure that they are "fair".

I also updated the rules in the first post. I've put everything new below;

ORDEALS

-> Ordeal will come every 5 turns. (One in 1st turn, one in 6th, one in 11th, and so forth)
-> I will give a RP description of the Ordeal in-game, but post a "gameplay" version using metagame terms here in this thread.

GENERAL

-> Because there is a hard-coded limit on messages that one is able to send per turn, I will keep in-game messaging to a minimum. I'll inform of Ordeals with the "Message all command", thought. So I'm forced to do a lot of my diplo through these forums. So remember to check your PM's regularly!

-> I'd like everyone to note that I'm playing two roles here. I'm Burnsaber, the game admin, but I'm also Pantokrator. Note that these are not the same thing. Pantokrator has no grudges that Burnsaber has, for example. In return, you should not hold grudges against Burnsaber for what Pantokrator has done. When I'm talking as Burnsaber, I'll just use this regular text. But Pantokrator speaks like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

I'm the Pantokrator, bow before me you worm!
-> I know that the most devious of you are planning to attack Pantakrator in the game, perhaps just for MP reasons. Let's now just agree that it REALLY is forbidden. Not because I'm on a power trip of some sort, but it will make my life a lot simpler. My investment in this game will be rather large, since I need to micro up the ordeals and deal with a lot of diplomacy. I just won't have time to strat microing combat scripts to boot. This is the first game like this and I want to keep it as simple as possible, perhaps in Ordeals II "defeating Pantokrator" will be a victory condition (or even pausible).

BOONS

-> Boon is a numeric value between 1-12. Starting boon values in this game are between 4-10.

-> Players can only request one boon per "event cycle" (aka 5 turns), this is to prevent a player suddenly jumping in power because they used 5 boons in one big swoop.

-> There are five types of boons (more will be introduced with ordeals, thought):
1. Items
2. Gems
3. Gold
4. Information
5. Casting of a Ritual Spell

-> The more specific the reguest for a boon is, the less gems/items/gold will be given or more boon will be penalized. For example;

"I'd like magical items as a boon to defeat my foes!"

- Will get a bunch of randomized items. Something like 2 trinkets, 2 (con2) items and 1 (con4) item + a chance for a con6 item.

"I'd like items that give fire resistance to defeat Abysia!"

- Will get some FR items, but less items than the above example

"I want Rings of Fire!"

- Will get his Rings, but it will cost more boon because of his insolence. How dare he demand something from Pantokrator!

-> Once per event cycle, I will roll for a random player and grant him a boon. This "extra boon" does not count towards the limit stated above. This will make it harder to be "safe" with just 1 boon.

-> If player reguests for a boon or would get one due to the RND roll, but has no boon, he will be warned. Should this happen again, he will be smitten by appropiate measures (nothing too dramatic thought, getting smitten will be annoying, not game changing)

-> The tables I use to determine the amount of gems/items/gold for each boon will be upgraded every 20 turns to yield out more stuff.

-> Due to message limit, I'm only able to send 20 messages (a'k'a instances of items/gems/gold) per turn. If I'm going to hit the message limit, I'll leave the rest to be sent the next turn.

ARENA

-> We are using "Mark of the Champion" mod, which changes the Champion's Trident into a special helmet, this will make it a much more wortwhile item. Also having control over the Arena Champion is worth one conquest point, if the champion in question has no magic picks (holy magic does not count as "magic" for this purpose).

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old February 8th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Sergeant

Belac is on a distinguished road

I would be interested in being a willing 3rd party in reviewing some of the ordeals.