This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Season 3 BSG

Well, I need to go to work... but just wanted to post and say two things.

First... DAMN!

Second... well, did they ever refer to the thirteenth tribe of Kobol as a human tribe explicitly? It is apparent that the society that lived on Kobol was fairly advanced, and there was an exodus where the twelve tribes that formed the twelve colonies forgot most of their accomplishments from Kobol. What if one of those accomplishments was the creation of a thirteenth tribe (AKA, Cylons)? So, the final five could be considered the surviving models created on Kobol, and the toasters created in the twelve colonies were simply a re-discovery of what once was on Kobol, and these in turn spawned the other seven meat Cylons. The Cylons among the thirteenth tribe had long ago discovered the secret of reproduction that the seven colonial cylons are after, and had integrated themselves into Earth society... perhaps bringing along the Greek-ish culture of Kobol/Twelve Colonies?

Or maybe it's something completely different.
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Corporal

MasterChiToes is on a distinguished road

Backwards... the humans are on earth. The 12 colonies were founded by the Kobol Cylons, who forgot they are Cylons and in turn are repeating the history of recreating Cylons and being destroyed by them.

"This has happened before" has been repeated in the series.

I think the "four" are not Cylons (new Cylons anyway)... I think the music and the Starbuck thing are part of a new player on the scene... possibly ancients from Kobol, or Kobol Cylons, or the real "final five", or dare I hope Iblis.
Old March 26th, 2007, 06:43 PM

Corporal

Tnargversion2 is on a distinguished road

I don't know about anyone else but after last night's finale all I could think about was Lynche's "Twin Peaks" or something in the lines bizzare but beautifully interesting and WHAT!

I ran through dozens of scenerios of how in the world could a Bob Dylan tune possibly be in deep space alone (not all jarbled up with millions of other transmissions that have leaked into space) and a driving theme for four of the characters. So does this mean that when the Colonials finally arrive on Earth it will more in likely be post Bob Dylan era or will it pre Bob Dylan, and that Bob Dylan is actually a Cylon or an offworlder who writes all of his songs from lucid memories of being in space but forgetting that he actually was in space.

I was first thinking that with this series when the 13th tribe eventually landed on Earth it was pre-civilization times and that in order to erase their problem of the evils of technology the Colonials destroyed everything and started from scratch and eventually started the greek culture after a few hundred years.

How long ago again did the 13th Colony leave Cobol in the timeline?

Now I am convinced that when they (the fleeing Colonials) do find Earth it will definatly be modern times due to this Bob Dylan thing. This goes to my previous question of how long ago did the 13th Colony supposedly settle Earth.

The fact that there are now Cylons discovering that they are now Cylons I can live with, but this Bob Dylan thing is going to drive me nuts until I figure out how this plays into the series.
Old March 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM

Corporal

MasterChiToes is on a distinguished road

There is a spoiler interview with Moore at AICN http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32045
Sounds awfully close to jump the shark material to me.
Old March 26th, 2007, 08:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I still think this is all some drug induced dream that Rosilin is having on her way back from the decommissioning ceremonies on Galatica. When she wakes up its all over man!
Old March 26th, 2007, 08:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I would have preferred to have heard Jimi's version of the song over Dylans.
Old March 26th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Corporal

Tnargversion2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
I still think this is all some drug induced dream that Rosilin is having on her way back from the decommissioning ceremonies on Galatica. When she wakes up its all over man!
I was fearing the drug/hallucination/dream thing, but I can't possibly beleive that this would take that significant of a nose dive, even though there are some stong indications and plays towards this. I for one wouldn't riot in the street demanding my time be returned to me, but I know of people who would.

Do you suppose that they will introduce Bob Dylan as the fifth one. All things considered he would make a good Cylon emulating many of the traits that all of the other fleshy clyons have. Tye almost cherries it with his tantric "What the frack is going on" deamenors, and the mildly tosseled hair of the Chief is getting close along with the cool and somewhat "whatever man - I'm tuned in - but I can't figure out why" attitude.
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:21 PM

First Lieutenant

Raapys is on a distinguished road

Well, at least this episode( and the previous one ) was entertaining, as opposed to the last few. I'm just happy *something* is happening. This show takes way too long breaks from the main plot.
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:56 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road

I think the whole "Tigh,Tyrol,Tori, and Anders" too Cylon plot is a bit too far fetched. Now it moves the appearance of human cylons to 20-years before the miniseries (as records could be faked, and adama's first meeting with tigh is 20 years prior I believe).

Then again, Moore or Eick did once answer the question "Who are the Final Five Cylons?" with the cryptic "Who said they had to be cylons?"

But I don't know. I enjoy the series enough in HD to keep watching, so I'll resume watching Doctor Who (At least we can blame that insanity on fun british humor) when it starts back next month to hold me over.
Old March 27th, 2007, 08:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

AngleWyrm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
I don't buy for a minute the sudden and in my honest opinion, sloppy story change that Tigh and the Chief, as well as two others, are now cylons.
Looks like RM set himself up as the storyteller, and then ran out of gas. He's turned on his audience, messing with their minds.