World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old May 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT - Iron Man

Quote:
Atrocities said:
Another Hulk movie? They'll finance another abysmal hulk movie but they won't green like a second Serenity movie? WTF is wrong with those dweebs in Hollywood?
BTW, the new Hulk movie is basically acting like the last crappy Hulk movie never existed. And as Baron stated, it's being done by Marvel this time so it's a safe bet it will be MUCH better than the last movie.

Richard and I went to see Iron Man at the drive in on Saturday (yes we still have a drive in!). Richard was a big Iron Man comic book fan growing up and was really worried at first that it might not do it justice, but once we started seeing the trailers he was really hyped up to see it. We loved it, I was not a comic book fan so I went in without much knowledge and I really enjoyed it. Not as much as Spiderman (hey, I'm female, I like the romance aspect and backstory in Spiderman), but enjoyed it a lot none the less. Richard thought it was great and he can't wait for the next one when they delve into the darker side with the drinking.

Richard is really excited with all that Marvel has planned for the future and I can safely say that we'll probably be going to see every one of the future movies they're planning.

Which is fine by me because for every movie like this he wants to go see, I get to take him to a movie like "Made of Honor".

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:30 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mindi said:
Which is fine by me because for every movie like this he wants to go see, I get to take him to a movie like "Made of Honor".
That's...just...EVIL!

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Captain

Black_Knyght is on a distinguished road

Just saw it this past weekend, and gotta say I loved it. I'm a huge Iron Man fan, and was hoping they wouldn't botch it. They didn't.

Robert Downey Jr was a great actor for the role of Tony Stark. He's been down a lot of the same road as the character. Jeff Bridges did a great job as Obadiah Stane, and really looks intimidating with a bald head and beard. They got the differing version of the Iron Man suits down pat, and the overall bulk and differences of the Ironmonger suit too.

Overall, very nicely done. Kudos to Jon Favreau for a job well done!

Old May 6th, 2008, 10:24 PM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road

I rather enjoyed it myself. Though I actually had more fun while I was waiting to get in, where I had ample opportunity to demonstrate to the multitude of cosplayers why cardboard != iron. Although there was one fella in an aluminium suit who was looking a bit cocky, but he scampered off when I started playing with my butane lighter.

I'm now quite looking forward to Indiana Jones, and the inevitable 400lb cosplayer with a fedora and a whip. I've even got my opening salvo readied: "I'm sorry, are you supposed to be Indiana Jones, or the boulder that chased him? Because the boulder didn't get his hat."

Those cosplayers... A whole evening of entertainment, each and every one of them.
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Our last surviving drive in is now a WalMart. One of these days drive'ins will return. We must keep the faith.
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:13 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road

Our drive in is pretty good, there are quirks that are irritating (the guy who owns it likes to power trip and goes around the lot on his golf cart complaining about any little thing he can find to complain about for instance), but overall it's a great throwback and is a great price. They charge $6 per adult (less for kids) for two movies making it only $3 per movie. Now they typically tie a more popular title with a less popular title (this week it was Iron Man with Drillbit Taylor), but we still *typically* stay for both movies.

Their food is really reasonably priced and once school is out on fridays for the kids they will have organized games and a DJ. Most poeple could take a family of 4 to our drive-in and see 2 movies, have dinner and snacks and still only spend about $50 or so. We don't buy their food though anymore because we're eating healthier....we only got a popcorn and drinks. However they let you bring in your own stuff as well so I brought healthy snacks. In the summer a lot of people bring their own coolers and such.

There are less than 400 drive-ins still in existence at this point .

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

Huh...I was pessimistic.
Sig updated to remove non-working links.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:06 AM

Corporal

mrscrogg is on a distinguished road

tell me about it ! New Jersey use to be drive in capital of the world - now we have two left
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road

I plan on going to see Iron Man this weekend. I would've gone sometime this past weekend but I came down with Strep Throat and mono so that kind of eliminated that possibility. But I am looking forward with keen anticipation to see it this week.

And we are privileged to have a drive-in theater in the town that I live in. And it isn't one of the big plain screens, it is the old fashioned cool ones. http://www.lakeshoredrivein.com/
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Jumper is an ok movie too.