World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 5th, 2023, 02:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Several years ago, I posted I believe it was U.S. Army TRADOC WEG 2011/or 2012 VOL 1 Ground Systems-Documents-Operational Environment and Threat Analysis Directorate (G2 INTEL.).

This document is used for training of leadership to access the types of systems they might encounter on the battlefield.

In trying to find some additional info on a tank(s) at 0400 because I've got some kind of "nasty" that won't let get any sleep, I came across the following...
https://community.apan.org/wg/tradoc...cuments/218108
(For VOL 1 Ground Systems.)
https://community.apan.org/wg/tradoc...rder=Ascending
(This will give you access to besides VOL 1, VOL 2 Air and Air Defense Systems and VOL 3 Naval Systems.)

They are downloadable to your whatever.

For me as I've been saying for a longtime, GALIX is listed as an Auxiliary Weapon (NOT to be confused with Optional Equipment.) for the desert LeClerc with a Daylight/Nighttime Range or 30m - 50m.

I will submit it as so for both the UAE and Jordan.

I'm sure we left it alone for the STRV-122 but changed it for some others. I'm for instance sure that the RC-10 series is also equipped along with French LeClerc.

Happy Hunting!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 5th, 2023 at 09:40 PM..
Old March 6th, 2023, 11:33 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

We know most of this but

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-733506

Quote:
"Since summer 2022, approximately 800 T-62s have been taken from storage and some have received upgraded sighting systems which will highly likely improve their effectiveness at night," said the UK Defense Ministry.
Quote:
While the T-14 has been marketed as a "super tank," the UK said in January that "11 years in development, the program has been dogged with delays, reduction in planned fleet size, and reports of manufacturing problems.”
Hmmmm can you say " Ajax....."

Quote:
“Any T-14 deployment is likely to be a high-risk decision for Russia,” due to problems with its engine and other technical issues, as well as further strain on Russia's already strained logistics and supply lines.

The UK Defense Ministry said that Russia had also deployed BTR-50 armored personnel carriers in Ukraine for the first time recently. The BTR-50 was first used by the Soviet Union in 1954.
I will dig around and see what the BTR-50 is being used for. If anyone else comes across anything let me know

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidax...h=538f6cce7af0

Quote:
In late February, photos circulated on social media depicting BTR-50Ps on heavy military flatbed trucks after technicians recovered the vehicles from long-term storage somewhere in Russia.

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/russia-bri...ck-to-service/

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 6th, 2023, 06:36 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

BTR-50s would be fine for protected mobility in the rear areas, like the ex-UK Saxons the Ukranians were gifted. The Ukranians also apparently use the Saxon as an ambulance to take the injured from the initial aid post (in the brigade rear area) up to surgical units at higher level of command.

If anyone really needs them - perhaps put some in the overflow OOB (Red??) for the Russians. Probably only relevant to a scenario designer for "flavour", as who would actually buy one of those past about 1972?. If I'm playing the Soviets in the 60s and 70s, the Egyptians or whatever, I will always thake the BTR-60s as those are fast and have a capable 14.5mm cannon for dealing with "thin tin" APCs and scout cars, whereas the BTR-50 is slooow and usually just has a rifle calibre MG.
Old March 7th, 2023, 03:42 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post

If anyone really needs them - perhaps put some in the overflow OOB (Red??) for the Russians. Probably only relevant to a scenario designer for "flavour", as who would actually buy one of those past about 1972?. If I'm playing the Soviets in the 60s and 70s, the Egyptians or whatever, I will always thake the BTR-60s as those are fast and have a capable 14.5mm cannon for dealing with "thin tin" APCs and scout cars, whereas the BTR-50 is slooow and usually just has a rifle calibre MG.

There is no need to add them to Red as they already exist there and in a number of OOB's to the end of 2025 .Cuba for one and Egypt for another. In total, 13 nations still use the BTR-50 to the end of 2025.
  1. Egypt
  2. Syria
  3. Vietnam
  4. Afghanistan
  5. Turkey
  6. Libya
  7. Cuba
  8. Cambodia
  9. Finland
  10. Sudan
  11. Zimbabwe
  12. Yemen
  13. and now Red

In the Red OOB they only ran to 2005 but I just changed that to 2025 but for scenario design, all that's needed to get something like that is to simply change the date of the scenario to when they existed then after buying them re-adjust the date forward.

There are a lot of uses for them that would not need to involve being right at the front line... arty tractors, munitions carriers.... lots of uses

If someone needed one with a turret,use the Polish TOPAS 2AP.

That said, if they do start showing up in quantity in Ukraine I can put them in the Russian OOB but for now "borrow"

EDIT

It occurred to me that a simple solution was available and it was. In this case I got lucky-----The BTR-50s are the ONLY vehicle in the Heavy APC UC in the Russian OOB and the formations that use the BTR-50s only exist during the same time as the units and if there is no formation the game does not offer units for players to buy so it was a simple matter of taking the last BTR-50 and extending the end date to 2025 then building a formation for it from March 2023- Dec 2025

So......... from 01/55-12/78 there are a number of BTR-50 formations and now from March 2023 there are formations that offer them for use in the game again and a unit slot was not used .

Now......... if they upgrade them this idea goes out the window but I am betting not

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 9th, 2023 at 08:19 AM..
Old March 7th, 2023, 02:19 PM

Lieutenant General

As I won't be going to work today (And likely tomorrow as well.) so I can see the "Good Dr." , I came across this article which should act as a reminder to all you have to go beyond the "lead/tagline" or else "you might be putting the cart before the horse" if you read the below.
"Over time, Taiwan began to modernize its military and replace older equipment with newer, more advanced systems. As a result, the M60A3 tanks were gradually phased out of service in the early 2000s and replaced by newer main battle tanks, such as the M1A2 Abrams and the CM-11 Brave Tiger. However, some M60A3 tanks are still used for training and ceremonial purposes."

Well, that was news to me. Unless with the distraction of the Ukrainian War we snuck them into Taiwan.

We didn't the article is about replacing the engines with new ones and the M60A3 is still in operational service.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...p_engines.html

From SIPRI
108 M-1A2 Abrams tank 2019 M-1A2T version; delivery planned 2023-2026.

Also, this of many...
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/n...n-battle-tanks

I don't know where this stands as of now, but I've got to get a handle on this "CRUD" and clear my worklist first.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old March 7th, 2023, 05:55 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

As someone said elsewhere.
The Tank you need depends almost entirely on your expected opposition.
If your opponent has no armor at all an FT-17 is good enough.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 7th, 2023, 11:10 PM

Lieutenant General

The T-62's I'd already posted on about three months ago but had nothing I don't BELIEVE on the BTR-50.

I came across this just a few minutes ago to give credence to the thought they are in Ukraine. But I understand Don's plan.

I don't even think the AI would buy them from what I've seen since I started playing this game, outside of its original service dates.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...r-50_apcs.html

UK sending more CHALLENGER 2 tanks to Ukraine. The export version is ready. A nice add on is the discussion comparing it to the T-80BV. I don't know why they just didn't give them 3 more to fill it out to a full Ukrainian tank battalion?
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

RELATED...

UK Training continues I would expect early April to completed as long as there are no issues.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...r_2_tanks.html

Rheinmetall has finalized their list of what will send the Ukraine these will be near to long before being fully realized. but we have numbers now.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...ard_tanks.html

Is anyone else seeing a pattern developing here with these foreign tanks?

What about those T-55S tanks how are they training them?
They're being trained as a Battalion to conduct combined operations within a Brigade.

All you have to do is like at the numbers of what's coming and already on the web. One Battalion of each for the LEOPARDS and ABRAMS.

Just a cautionary tale is all this is. The T-55S training started in NOV 2022 on expect it to be completed by MAR 2023.

We should all fully understand why they're not (Or shouldn't. ) going to send a Platoon here or there.

If not turn in your SPMBT Club Card and you'll be buying drinks for us all for a year before you get your "Club Card" back, CRAP CINCLANTFLEET just saw this last!!!!

Anyway, since I now have some explaining to do and I'll just blame it on the shots I received in "each cheek" late this afternoon making me feel a little delirious (I experienced a sudden feeling of being in NASA centrifuge. ) that's the plan.

After 9pm feeling burnt out so the final TWO words are "Battlefield Logistics" and I shouldn't point out the larger implications of them.

We'll just have to see how the "chips fall" with the Ukraine thinking of a tactical withdrawal from Bakhmut this will buy the Ukraine more time and strengthen their lines and if only 1/2 the stories of Russian losses are true it'll take them sometime to regroup.

The "Battle of Ukraine" is really being fought at places similar to or there Salisbury Plain, Schweinfurt, École de cavalerie, Field Marshal Rommel Barracks, Augustdorf, Drawsko Pomorskie Training Area and others. .

Obviously, those already in the fight are fighting for their country but you have to believe that they also know they are fighting for time until more of those troops in fields far from home can get back home to fight in their own fields.

Those are my final words FINALLY besides I got some "xxplaining" to do to CINCLANTHOME about the "club thing" have a good night!!

GOT SOME Jeremy Clarkson "FARM 2" to watch.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 8th, 2023 at 01:37 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 8th, 2023, 07:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

A bit off topic for this thread but all the talk about the BTR-50 I took a look at the icon and it dated back to a transition time in how I built Icons so I redid the BTR-50's and OT-62s'

A sample of the new ones at 3x normal

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 8th, 2023, 10:26 PM

Lieutenant General

No worries.

I meant to add to my last above an update from Oryx, which I just rechecked a couple of minutes ago.

Though I noted increases in T-64's and almost all of the captured tanks I submitted in my first submission and other types listed APC's etc., thus far nothing is showing for the BTR-50 at this time.

They do their best to update the site very day if they can get to those areas but with the heavy fighting around Bakhmut that might be tough though the Russians have and are suffering heavy armor loses at this time as being heavily reported on.

The best quick check help I can offer is to write down and copy the RED breakdown just above the individual categories. Todays...
Russia - 9567, of which: destroyed: 6114, damaged: 273, abandoned: 381, captured: 2799

Subgroup Tanks...
Tanks (1819, of which destroyed: 1079, damaged: 87, abandoned: 103, captured: 550)

AS REMINDER THESE GUYS ARE MORE CONSERVATIVE THAN MANY I'VE SEEN. IF A CERTAIN MOD HAS NO PROBLEM WITH THEM. WELL, YOU SEE WHERE I'M GOING...

Regards,
Pat

Old March 10th, 2023, 06:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

https://www.barrons.com/news/poland-...raine-51a92aec

Quote:
Poland on Thursday said it had delivered to Ukraine the additional 10 Leopard 2A4 tanks it had promised, while allies would send theirs shortly.

"We're talking about a battalion of heavy tanks which, in the case of Poland's share, have already been delivered and, in the case of our allies, they will be delivered to Ukraine very soon," Defence Minister Mariusz Blaszczak told reporters.

Warsaw had promised to ship a total of 14 German-made Leopard 2 heavy tanks to Kyiv.

The first four were delivered in late February, on the first anniversary of Russia's offensive in Ukraine.

Blaszczak said the tanks to follow from allied countries include eight from Canada, eight from Norway and at least six from Spain.

"I spoke to Spanish Defence Minister Margarita Robles. There may be four additional ones," Blaszczak said.

Poland has been spearheading efforts to send the modern Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine.

Germany initially resisted the pressure from allies to authorise the move but early this year, Berlin agreed to send its own Leopards and greenlighted the deliveries from other countries.

Blaszczak also said Poland would set up a service hub for the battle tanks used in Ukraine.

"We are proceeding with a hub that will be responsible for servicing and fixing the tanks that have been delivered to Ukraine or will be soon," he said.

He added that he had raised the issue in talks with his German counterpart, Boris Pistorius.

"The challenge is spare parts for these tanks. Twenty years ago they stopped producing these parts but we are prepared to resume production -- of course in cooperation with the Germans," he said.

amj/gil
I think part of the reason for the delay in sending the tanks now that I think about it, was "standardizing" all the Leopard 2A4's donated to a "Leopard 2A4-U" spec; i.e. everything is labelled the same in every tank, and all the niggling national differences over the years have been removed as much as possible.