Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
The Jerusalem Post

Russia fires on Ukrainian forces with new T-14 Armata battle tanks
Story by By REUTERS • 3h ago

Russia has begun using its new T-14 Armata battle tanks to fire on Ukrainian positions "but they have not yet participated in direct assault operations," the RIA state news agency reported on Tuesday, quoting a source close to the matter.

We have assembled SPWW2 and are doing our final checks. Then we will start assembling MBT.

The start date now for the T-14 Armata was pushed back to the middle of 2025 based on the info available up until today......

If anyone finds anything else on this let us know ASAP please

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 25th, 2023, 01:28 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

The following is reporting they are "tooling around" in former Ukrainian territory. Also, these are their OP Test units.

"According to the Russian Press Agency RIA, the T-14 Armata tanks have been equipped with additional armor on their sides (That indicates the T-14 isn't such a "vaunted" tank as previously thought.) , and their crews have undergone "combat coordination" exercises at training facilities within Ukraine."

Nothing here about combat at this point.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...n_ukraine.html

JANE'S reporting anything at this time.

Work!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 25th, 2023, 02:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

It would appear that they are doing front-line testing perhaps using them as SP arty which is possible and certainly one way to test systems

There will NO DOUBT be new info within a week of release but that will be true every week until this is over so the start date in the game for the T-14 is 4/123 and players can make up their own minds to use them or not

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 26th, 2023, 07:03 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Russian also publicize a alleged short few secounds movie of T-14 from front-line here:
https://mil.in.ua/en/news/russia-cla...ed-in-ukraine/
https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_and...aine-6509.html
Old April 27th, 2023, 07:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

No more changes will be made to the OOB's this year and the installers are built. The last thing I did with MBT was change was the T-14 start date so time will tell what we guessed right or wrong. One thing I guessed was Ukraine will be putting ERA onto it's western Tanks...time will tell if that is correct.

The updates for both games should be hopefully posted within the next week

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 28th, 2023, 12:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Well the one item that was "up in the air" was Frances contrbution this was actually announced as settled by the same a few days back.

I'm sorry I couldn't get it posted in time, but we have closure on it now for the next time. The Union asked for my assistance to formalize items for our CBA as we're in a contract year. Not in the union but knew I had some experience in these matters and it ended up being a bigger project then I thought.

Again, my apologies.

All tanks delivered or about to be as of today.

Slovenia also I believe "fell through the cracks" with M-84.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...delivered.html

Leave everything as is since we knew we'd have to make "adjustments" later.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 28th, 2023, 01:43 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I feel sorry for the Ukrainian maintenance people.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 28th, 2023, 01:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: MBT's

Anyone who really wants them can make the "adjustment" themselves when the update is released in a day or two and activate Ukraine unit 24 whenever/ IF ever they actually arrive.

I am NOT rebuilding two installers again for what reads as indefinite speculation and then guessing when or if they might/maybe make it to the front

What's in there now is what's in there now and only finding a massive error will get them rebuilt again

Old May 8th, 2023, 06:51 AM

Lieutenant General

After reading the following, I'm feeling much better about my LEOPARD 1A5DK submission in terms of the modifications made.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...y_denmark.html
"These include upgraded armor protection, improved suspension and tracks, and a new fire control system."

The above also gives us a first look at the early "refurbished" tanks and would appear that they've thus far done a commendable job so far.

The "training" tanks from what I can piece together should represent somewhere around the first 15 to 20 tanks at this time.

At that pace and the fact, they probably were in better shape (As already addressed some might need deep overhauls to include the complete replacement of the power plants (Again as I already brought up, how can you NOT turn over your engines for over 10 years!?! )

I still feel it'll be sometime this Fall before they become operational from refurbishment and combined arms training such as the T-55S went through from Nov. 22 - late Mar. 2023.

And again for the last time for these posts and equipment issues it is FULLY understood that we might have to make date changes "down the road" as we can't control the supply (Overall in a broad sense.) and training afterwards type issues.

Regards,
Pat

Old May 8th, 2023, 12:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

...and by then we'll know if the Ukrainians did add ERA to the NATO supplied tanks and hopefully what type was used if they did