.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Hi hi, this is Helheim speaking.

We haven't found a good source of oil yet, so we need subsidies to fund our economy please. Does anyone have gold on them? We'll sell your gems and magic items! Really!
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM

Corporal

Rejakor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Sigh, Strength of the Boars is such a kludge. And murders all my oni.

OH WELL TIME TO BUILD MORE ONI GOOD THING THEY'RE RESOURCE COST 1.
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

Yeah, build more low-protection troops, my javelineers and slingers need more target practice!
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road

Why are Asterix and Ani-men fighting! This makes us sad.
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:27 AM

Corporal

Asterix decided he needed to attack me for funsies.

So i'm going to teach him why not wearing armour when facing ogre-strength enemies wielding greatswords is not such a great idea.
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

The tree hugging druids of Marveni will never stand for goblins, orcs, and freaky demon things living under the forest canopy! Go back to the foul wastes from which you came!
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM

Corporal

Well, you're attacking 'where we came from' so

and we're not freaky, we're hungry

really really hungry
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:08 AM

Sergeant

BewareTheBarnacleGoose is on a distinguished road

Atlantis, I have reports that you have 2 wild ettins in province 6. You don't have any native nature mages, and your pretender is a kraken like mine, so Im guessing you didn't summon them. So Im assuming you bought them from that bugged site. I realize that the initial game post didn't specify this, but that is widely perceived to be an exploit. I certainly consider it to be.

Personally, I think you should not recruit any more, and try to find a way to suicide the ones you have. But if other people think it's ok, then I guess you could keep them, though I wouldn't be very cool with that.
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:35 AM

Corporal

megawidget is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareTheBarnacleGoose View Post
Atlantis, I have reports that you have 2 wild ettins in province 6. You don't have any native nature mages, and your pretender is a kraken like mine, so Im guessing you didn't summon them. So Im assuming you bought them from that bugged site. I realize that the initial game post didn't specify this, but that is widely perceived to be an exploit. I certainly consider it to be.

Personally, I think you should not recruit any more, and try to find a way to suicide the ones you have. But if other people think it's ok, then I guess you could keep them, though I wouldn't be very cool with that.
Exactly. The initial game post didn't specify this. Frankly, I knew it was a bug but I wouldn't consider that an "exploit" anymore than using an alteration site to wish for gems an "exploit".

What do the rest of the players think, however?
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:41 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawidget View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareTheBarnacleGoose View Post

Exactly. The initial game post didn't specify this. Frankly, I knew it was a bug but I wouldn't consider that an "exploit" anymore than using an alteration site to wish for gems an "exploit".

What do the rest of the players think, however?
What?!?!

The free Ettin's are clearly a mistake caused by a typing error in the CBM mod. Free Ettin's are not intended to be available from magic sites in any way, and comparing them to anything else that is intended to be in the game is simply ridiculous. Regardless of how powerful you think what you are comparing it to might be. Plus the barrier to entry between using an Alt site for Wish and recruiting free Ettins is as wide as the universe itself.

And the fact that you know it's a bug and yet decide to exploit it anyway marks you out as an out and out cheating douchebag in my books.

Edit - You've made the HoF. Congrats! -- http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/...ost&p=22003703

Last edited by Calahan; April 14th, 2012 at 03:49 AM..