.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM

Captain

earcaraxe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Giants and Dwarves [MA; CBM ; Noob friendly] [Full 12/12]

it was put to good use

ragnarok-x, did u destroy a good part of abysia's military strengths before going down?
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

i killed almost no normal troops, they had too high protection and i did research wrong (no good evos on my vans). However, i did kill 9 or 10 demonbreeds, but thats about it
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM

First Lieutenant

parone is an unknown quantity at this point

oceania would not have been a cinch winner had he played straight, and he knows it. he owns LESS than half the southern continent. had he been confident in victory, my guess is he would have neither lied about his intentions, nor would he have tried to build a 3 nation alliance to take ulm down.

incidentally, earaxe, i'd really love to play another game with you. this was my first MP game. from what i hear, you've played many, but still troll solely in the newbie section. what, exactly, does that say about you?
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:58 PM

First Lieutenant

just read my last post and i sound like a petulant little child. the smug, self congratulatory nature of Eaxe's message was a bit much to handle. suffice to say the other player in this game got under my skin a bit.

i want to apologize to the other three players for bailing. you guys didn't deserve it, and i did ruin the game for you, i suppose. that said, i'm glad to be rid of it.

just received my third message from a veteran player, two of which i have never talked to before, this one with several links.
they all told me my good friend earaxe is a known Dbag who plays only vs newbies even though he has played for a long time. the thing that got me, though, is that they said he is a known "bailer" meaning as soon as he thinks he can't win, he leaves the game or stales. and i realized that i did the same thing. not because i couldn't win, but because i didn't want to deal with earaxe.

so i guess i will have to work on that. i won't bail again.
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM

Captain

parone, it seems to me its not the first time u contradict urself or perceivable/consensual reality. first u say "i think in a war with me, you'd have won if you had gone at if fairly" then now "oceania would not have been a cinch winner had he played straight, and he knows it". (i know, literally its not a contradiction, but in practice it is)

u also hinted that either we are best buddies with legowarrior ("after asking around in the forum") or we are even the same person, and we always allied in our games. u dont seem to be bothered by the (easily checkable) fact that it was our first game together with lego. it says a lot about u that u always seem to discover this kind of conspiracy in ur games (in 4 out of 3 as u wrote in an other topic).

now u state: "(u) troll solely in the newbie section". Again, proof is missing, mainly because of contradiction with what is observable. this game was an exception in my average opponent level, as one can check. in this game it was allowed for veteran players to join, and they were asked to choose a weaker nation, which i did. I wasnt the only veteran either.
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM

Captain

since u seem to be unable to let this feeling/experience go, and i am a psychologist and dont want to block my own impulses about that, let me share u some of my perceptions regarding ur behavior. Even before the game, i noticed ur tendency to mix asking for information with self-depreciation. then once, in-game u answered one of my offers twice, within short time: the first one was an indignation, an outcry mixed with threats (an infantile reaction), and the second one which arrived soon after was like the more controlled, polite version of the first, with apologies. This tempts me to think u are aware of people's usual reaction to you when u give in to ur impulses. After that, when TC attacked u, u sent me a message asking "are we at peace?" (all these quotations are paraphrazed). Obviously this isnt the question u wanted to ask (but perphaps "do we have a nap?"), since we didnt fight at the time, that was obvious. And u didnt ask anything other, not a single hard detail about our peace. I have the feeling that (i might very well be wrong here) out of lack of self-appreciation u didnt dare to ask what u were really curious, so u settled for less, and saw what u wanted to saw: "ok, he wont attack me for sure". These observations led to I, writing legowarrior before my attack on u, that i expect a "tirade on the forums" from u after u notice what happened.

Ur following behavior (quitting the game, then threatening to ruin it by not quitting, fabrications about me and legowarrior) is usually called (somewhat inaccurately) an acting-out. I admit i am bordering fantasy here, but ur assumed "i see what i want to see" strategy might have made u coping with ur negative feelings about being attacked by me a lot harder: the disappointment raises insecurity by threatening to invalidate the "others (the world) operate the way i want them to"-mentality.

(to sum up in a nutshell: low self-appreciation --> inhibited behavior --> tension from repressing urges, chasm between observed and wanted reality --> delving into fantasy --> eventual confrontation with consensual reality --> insecurity, lower self appreciation)
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:17 PM

First Lieutenant

WOW. are you really trained in psychology?
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:17 PM

First Lieutenant

that would actually make sense, now that i think about it...
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM

First Lieutenant

by the way, friend. do you find it at all odd that other players would reach out to me to say "earaxe is a Dbag, don't play games with him, he is a bully and a pain" (not paraphrased). i noticed you didn't respond to that, Dr.

you have really made quite a reputation for yourself in the forums. i wonder if it makes you feel better about yourself to crap on others? what would your psychobabbling self say about that? or is self evaluation not one of your 'talents?'
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM

First Lieutenant

the fun thing about verbal sparring is, earaxe can't organize a coalition(well, maybe he can, we'll have to see). also, when it comes to making D bags look like D bags, i am not a newbie. you see, i get to deal with D bags almost Everyday!!!