.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 4th, 2010, 07:31 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals

If you still have an unfilled slot, I'll gladly join LO2 too. I'm reading this thread from the beginning and really enjoy it.
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:33 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Fer ye tourists what can't see our realm let me give ye a bit of a highlight o' how things be standin. Jomon & Lanka be none too happy with the speed which which the boys o' Atlantis done rolled over them giants and they patched up their differences ta both fall like an avalanche on me before I could quite wrap up Ashdod. Once I storm the last Ashdod castle I'll be in control o' 4 out of 5 victory points, but the forces attackin be fairly overwhelming with each o' the two bein' roughly a match fer me alone. Since it seems unlikely I'l be able ta fend them off we be seein if I've got any tricks up me sleeve ta get one more vp lickity split before I bleed out. So, in other words cheer fer the boys o' Atlantis and mayhap some more trials be startin' sooner then ye think. If not, I'll be joinin ye in the peanut gallery.
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sensori is on a distinguished road

So the filthy frogmen are finally getting what is due. While it comes this close to the end of Ashdod, I am content with this outcome. I have done all I could to slow down our defeat, and there is nothing more that could be done.

Unless, of course, someone feels inclined to send in forces with magic to Golem Range (2), whilst our home of Koromoo (58) is now lost to us. Golem Range (2) is the last bastion of Ashdod, and also the ancient capital of Hinnom. There is a large frogman army besieging it, and they can proceed to storm it at their leisure.
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:59 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Heh. Good riddance to the pirate queen. I had hoped she would get her come-uppance.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:29 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

wow what a great concept and thread. Kudos, Burn!
I'd love to play if you do a part 2
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:32 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Part 2? I doubt if I even get invited

I occasionally post something useful.
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:00 AM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

I'd like to reserve a place if possible - the first game's been great fun so far.

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:23 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
If you still have an unfilled slot, I'll gladly join LO2 too. I'm reading this thread from the beginning and really enjoy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
wow what a great concept and thread. Kudos, Burn!
I'd love to play if you do a part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregstrom View Post
I'd like to reserve a place if possible - the first game's been great fun so far.

Whoa guys! I'm getting filled with pre-sing ups. And I was actually kind of worried if I can fill the map I'm making as it is for 14 players. But you guys shouldn't worry. Once this game is finished (and I've received feedback on the game) I'm going to make some improvements over the "GM mod" and make a big post about how to make GM games (and some hints of how to GM so that we can avoid power-trippers and the like). This way you get your "ordeals" fix in a game that is run by someone else since I likely won't have the juice to GM two games at a time. At least pyg has expressed intrest in making a GM'd game himself.

This "Ordeal" thing I'm doing here is just a example of a GM'd game. It would possible for example to have a newbie game with experienced GM who is just a spectator watching the battles and giving tips to the players as the game goes along. Or a game where defeating the Pantokrator would be a extra victory condition and a way to "Pantheon" victory through an alliance against him. Anyways, it would be probably best not to clutter this thread with this kind of discussion and leave it for the "GM game" thread I'll make.
Old May 6th, 2010, 09:16 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Whoa guys! I'm getting filled with pre-sing ups.
There's no surprise here. People enjoy even reading this because the concept and the way you implemented it are simply splendid. I just don't know enough English words to express how splendid they are It's a brand new approach to playing Dominions, IMO.
And I promise that, as I started lurking at the forums again, I will continue following this thread with pleasure
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Well, me tricks did prove ta be less effective than I'd hoped. Looks like tha games ta be decided now 'tween Lanka and Jomon, and my money be on Jomon. Not, mind ye, that there won't be a pile o' bodies collected ta claim the rest o' me stuff.