.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 13th, 2010, 03:14 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boot Camp - Newbie intro to Dominions MP - Send pretenders!

If everyone is ok with it, then of course I'm quite willing to put the game on hold. My concern is just with people losing interest due to the delay.
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:32 AM

Private

durecellrabbit is on a distinguished road

Soyweiser, check you PMs.
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:30 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
Wait...so if I control a province as Marignon, but its dominion is firmly under the influence of Man, and Man has Growth 3, I see three wheat symbols but there's no effect on the income or population growth in that province? But...what if I also have Growth 3? Normally dominion effects gradually change from one side's alignment to another's as dominion strength changes hands, doesn't it? So do I instantly jump from effectively neutral Growth effects to Growth 3 as soon as dominion becomes neutral or friendly in that province? Or do I whittle it down to Growth 0, and then back up to a working Growth 3?

This is no fair. I read the instructions and everything! I should know stuff like this!
Anecdotal evidence that I didn't pay that close of attention to says that I think the growth scale will still increase your population, just not your gold income. Dominion can't really be neutral... except in provinces where no one's dominion has spread to yet. Otherwise it's always positive or negative. But if it's positive, you should instantly jump up to effective growth 3 scales. That dominion shift thing is only for scales that aren't the same.

Don't worry if you don't have this down correctly... dominions has some really strange moments, and there are some questions the manual just doesn't answer. You should also read the "lies my manual told me" thread... because there are some places where it isn't 100% correct, especially after all the patching that's been done.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by durecellrabbit View Post
Soyweiser, check you PMs.
You have a reply. Sorry about the delay.

Ontopic:

Don't mind a delay, but would rather keep playing. But this early in the game, I think that a sub would really ruin Ragnars plans.
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM

Corporal

DragonRider is on a distinguished road

Yeah, turns 10 through 15 or whatever are probably really formative in terms of getting your midgame strategy moving and setting diplomatic tones for your early neighbors. It's a shame to have to stop playing for so long, but I feel like it'd be worse to mess up the flow for Pythium and everybody around them.

On another note...

To my neighbor to the west, whomever you may be: you would do well to avoid expanding eastward into the province of Tirannea, should you have had any plans to do so. It is clearly within my area of influence, and troops will be en route to assert formal control over it shortly. It would be unfortunate if there were to be an embarrassing international incident.
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Corporal

Ragnars Wolves is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the support!!

I agree that as I am meeting Nations for the first time, this is a crucial time to both stop AND to have a sub. Of course I would prefer an extension but Valerius has said he would sub for me. He is Very good and I would be in very capable hands, and if everyone wants to move forward I will accept his gracious offer and fill him in on what I am trying to accomplish. But right now is where I might make a mistake and he won't, I just want to make sure YOU guys decide, but we need to decide NOW as I leave in about 36 hours.

Just let me know..
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Ragnars Wolves, please PM me some info on what you would like done. It seems there's some support for putting the game on hold but if we do continue I'd like some guidelines to give to a sub or follow myself.

Another option is we can temporarily go to 48 hour hosting to keep the game moving but minimize the number of turns you miss.
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Private

durecellrabbit is on a distinguished road

I don't mind a timer increase to minimize the number of turns.
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Corporal

Duncan_Frost is on a distinguished road

Letting Valerius sub in, while also increasing the timer, seems like the best idea to me.
Old September 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Corporal

Ragnars Wolves is on a distinguished road

OK, that will be the plan. But remember guys, 48 hours only means IF you WAIT 48 hours before sending in your turn. Sending it in as we all have been (congrats to a GREAT crew on keeping agame moving) I will still miss around 7 turns instead of 3.

I KNOW Valerius can do wonders for me in that amount of turns and hopefully point me in a direction I have failed to see. I will do the next turn and then will hand it over. To those I have treaties with, they will be explained FULLY and there is nothing to worry about.

Rags