This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old May 28th, 2005, 09:29 PM

Private

majama is on a distinguished road
Default how use movement log properly

I dont know how use movement log i simultanous games. Is there problem if i want to see movement in system full of ships in motion. this makes very long and bored period because every ships in fleets move one by one, not all at once. Please tell me how i can stop replay and how i can make it faster
Old May 28th, 2005, 09:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how use movement log properly

Did you click on the "play movement log for all ships" button? This is a very poorly designed aspect, since it does exactly what it says, shows the movement log once for every single ship.

If you just use the normal "show movement log" button, the game will just run through the 30 day sequence once, for the system you are currently viewing. If you use the stepped movement log button, it will show only one day worth of movement. You can thing go and examine everything you wish for that day, as well as view other systems. Then hit the stepped button again and the next day is run.

Regardless of which option you select, there is no way to stop the movement log without letting it run its full course. If you are doing the stepped log version and wish to stop after the first few days, I find it easier to just hit the "30 day movement log" button (NOT the all ships button) and watch the whole 30 day sequence. It ususally goes faster than hitting the stepped log button as many times as needed to get out of the log.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old May 29th, 2005, 01:20 AM

Major

douglas is on a distinguished road

You can speed up watching what happens in a single day in the stepped log by looking at another system, preferably one with nothing you can see moving in it on that day. This lets you see a before-and-after of any system by checking the system first, switching to another system, stepping the log, and going back to the first system. You can even do the switch while the day is playing, and it'll finish processing just as soon as the current ship's animation finishes.
Old May 29th, 2005, 06:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

Rathar is on a distinguished road

Hmmm what are the 143 ways that I am unable to view movement logs? I load all players shipsets, no dice. Latest patches etc, still nothing but errors..

I ask the same questions but in terms of combat replays, all errors, all the time.
Old May 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

Be sure you have run the previous turn on the same machine. You will get an error trying to watch logs if the latest log file is not in the same folder as the previous log. Basically when you end a turn it records what happened and then needs to have the new turn logs available to compare them, otherwise you get a message along the lines of "current turn is not valid".
Old May 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
majama said:
Is there problem if i want to see movement in system full of ships in motion. this makes very long and bored period because every ships in fleets move one by one, not all at once. Please tell me how i can stop replay and how i can make it faster
Go to Game Menu (F2), click Options, and make sure there is no green dot next to the first option, "Animate ship movement in system window". With this option selected, every ship moves one at a time durign the replay. With it de-selected, the fleets move together in the replay. Speeds up the replay tremednously.