.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 7th, 2007, 08:29 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is the server up?

Yes, I'll stop the clock.

We don't have a 5 turn NAP, when did I agree to that? The only agreement I recall was not to attack one another during our shared war with Caelum, not to an NAP. It was a long time ago but I recall at the time that I considered attacking you when I found out you'd stopped attacking Caelum (because we didn't have an NAP.)

There were also some negotiations over Patala, but again, I don't recall an NAP. Are you sure this was with me?

Edit: Evidently, these negotations are all in-game, but this is my recollection -

* I did *not* agree to an NAP, but only that I wouldn't attack Folket/Marignon if we both attacked Caelum (with no time limits or anything specified.)
* Folket took a bribe from Caelum not to attack him (and did not tell me.)
* I payed Marignon for some of those provinces in his northeast, but again, didn't agree to an NAP as far as I can recall.

Also, I never agree to 5 turn NAPs, only to 3 turn or 10 turn NAPs, so I think there must have been a miscommunication.

However, since I don't have any records, if Folket absolutely insists that there was an NAP, I'll back off for five turns.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

*sigh* yeah that's what happens when you check your turn after coming home from the bar. I missed the +3 berserk bonus which made quite a difference in this case. Given my defense and protection that +3 to you attack and strength made it about 3 times more likely to hit (from ~20% to ~60%) and your average damage dealt go from -6, -6, 5, 5 to -3, -3, 8, 8. Still a pretty lucky couple rolls, but up in the realm of unlikely rather than ludicrous to deal > 42 damage in one turn.
Old July 9th, 2007, 03:40 AM

Captain

Evilhomer is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure we signed a NAP in the range of 3-5 turns DRPre just before i started my attack on patala. As you say it was a long time ago and its easy to forget for sure. Since you only sign 3 and 10 turn NAP, it was most likely a 3 turn NAP we agreed upon.
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:37 AM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road

I accidentally uploaded a unfinished turn.

DrPraetorious, could you remove my 2h file?
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Major General

Okay, I'm *quite* sure that I didn't sign an NAP before the attack on Patala, because I resolved not to do so after you pulled out of the joint attack on Caelum.

You may have offered an NAP, and I did agree not to attack you while the war with Patala was ongoing, so that might have been a source of confusion, in which case my apologies, and I will twiddle my thums for three turns.

I'm confused again - which position is Folket now playing? You can just upload another while you're working, QH isn't on.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:39 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Folket\'s nation

Quote:
DrPraetorious said:
I'm confused again - which position is Folket now playing? You can just upload another while you're working, QH isn't on.
Folket is subbing for all of Evilhomer's games AFAIK.
Emergency comic relief
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Captain

Evilhomer is on a distinguished road

Folket is playing Marignon - i'm not playing any nation, just forum lurking while on work...
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Major General

I'm busy trying to get a grant resubmission in - for now, let's schedule a host for Thursday at noon?

Is that too late / too early for people?
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:35 PM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road

Thursday is fine by me.

Still I'm still at war with Patala.

I do not know what happened, all I know is that Evilhomer told me that we had a NAP when I took over for him.

It will be a pain but I will fight Then Chi. You do not have to hold back.
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

Not hosting until Thursday is fine. I've already played my turn, and I will be on a mini-vacation Wed-Fri. So I can play the next turn on the weekend.

I'm also at war with Patala (the first to go up against Patala before everyone else thought about joining in), and Marignon occasionally attacks the same provices I do (so far we're break even, each losing and winning the same amount). I mean there are 3 Patala provinces surrounded by Arco land and Marignon is trying to take them? He might have to watch what he's reaching for.