.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM

Corporal

theenemy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Slayer is in the house

Hi there!
I've been hanging around on this forum for a while so it's about time I make a proper introduction.
I'm currently 16 years old and live in Sweden. Not Swedish by nationality but have lived here since I was 7.
I have been a gamer since my dad brought me a Nintendo 64 with the game Wipeout. Since then I have played quite a lot of games, my favorite genres have to be strategy and platform. I specially enjoy turn-based strategy games and have played Age of Wonders 2(which I didn't enjoy),most of the Heroes of Might and Magic series and Disciples 2(one of my favorite games actually) amongst others.
Other interests of mine are art(mostly comics and fantasy-based art, but hey; it's still art), literature(mostly fantasy, but hey; it's still
literature), music, history and drawing.
Oh, and I also hate sports... except for ping-pong, that sport rules. But other than that I hate sports.
Well, that's about it I guess.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:45 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Slayer is in the house

Hi theenemy. Sounds like you have a prosperous future. You have all the right interests and you live in Sweden
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM

Corporal

theenemy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Japp, framtiden är så utstakad som den kan bli
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Corporal

meister_miagi is on a distinguished road

Hi! My name is Florian I'm 29 years old and I live in Trier, Germany. I've been playing Dom since Dominions II and I've had Dom3 since it came out but I only really got into it just recently. So I joined the Forums and have started playing my first multiplayer games which is a lot of fun. Before that I played some network games with my brother, who is also on this forum as rasko.

I've always liked Role-Playing games and that's probably my favorite aspect of Dominions. I also like good Real Time strategy games like Age of Empires 3. My favorite game that came out recently is Mass Effect, but I don't really have time to play a lot besides Dominions nowadays. Besides PC games I like to play board games, my favorite one right now is Twilight Struggle even though that can be really frustrating! I'm also into movies and music and some other stuff!
Hope to see meet some of you in MP games and in the forum!
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:39 PM

Corporal

otthegreat is on a distinguished road

Well hi,
I'm from Vermont USA. Big And Scary introduced me to DomII and I've been hooked since. I've finished my first multiplayer game. I just started looking through the forums (other than multiplayer) recently which is why I'm a little late introducing myself.

See you all around!
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM

Private

Seve82 is on a distinguished road

Im from Finland. Currently 25yrs studying in Oulu Polytech. Started playing dom3 only recently and finding this game to be good killer of all available time. Strategy games have always been close to my heart so dom3 was quite natural choice fer me.

Gona get some sp experience b4 getting beaten by veterans on pbem games.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:51 PM

Private

MetropolisMan is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! I'm a 43-year-old stay-at-home dad with a wonderful wife and 3 great daughters — the youngest, Claire, is just 2 1/2, so she's my primary job. We're in Bloomington, IL, USA.

Most of my free time the last 2 years has been totally absorbed into Diablo, specifically, the Eastern Sun mod. In fact, I am still a moderator for that forum and have run over a dozen different Eastern Sun tournaments over the last 2 years.

I'll be bowing out of Diablo and my Eastern Sun moderator duties very soon. I'm looking for something new and exciting. I just ordered D3 this morning from Inside Mac Games and I'm very excited to dive into it.

I know the learning curve is steep with this game, so be prepared for plenty of questions...

Talk to you soon.

Metro

PS — DominionsFan, I see you're a fan of martial arts. I am too, though I don't practice any forms myself. I'm really enjoying the new TV series Fight Quest.
Old January 24th, 2008, 05:23 PM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road

MetropolisMan, I think DominionsFan left us a year ago.

But from the rest of us I wish you a nice stay at our forum and do not be shy at asking questions. People are very nice unless it is questions regarding piratecopied games.
Old January 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

Welcome MetropolisFan. Wow, I was born in Bloomington, IL, lived in Normal until I was 14 (I'm 39 now living in CA). It's good to see people from my hometown here. I still have family back there, lots of them.

You'll enjoy this game, trust me. While I don't play it often enough it's still quite amazing, I learn something new all the time.

Shmonk
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:03 AM

Private

MetropolisMan is on a distinguished road

Hey, Shmonk — that's awesome. It's a small world, isn't it? My wife is an attorney for Country Companies, so you probably know exactly where that is.

I finally received D3 in the mail yesterday and promptly patched up, so hopefully if I have some spare time this weekend I can dive into the Tutorial and manual.