.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:54 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sloth - LA game with KO and JK - recruiting

This is a game where it's a pity graphs are off.

I just lost my actual army (due to the short turn schedule - I didn't notice they were marching without gems).

Anyway - either I can slow down R'lyeh enough to give me some time to maybe beat Man, or I'll be eaten alive.

If I can slow down R'lyeh enough to beat Man before R'lyeh eats me, and if I beat Man, *then* maybe I can beat R'lyeh on land.

Then maybe someone other than R'lyeh has a chance. R'lyeh doesn't need any world-stomping enchantments up - he's R'lyeh. Do any of you really think you could stop him if he has my (and Man's, obviously, once I'm eaten) land territories? Enchantments are nice, but he'd have literally half the map.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Aaargh! Now it's my turn to loose all my slaves in a victorious battle. 40 mages down the drain...

Note to self: Do NOT make comunions too big. Even if each cast of a master only gives each slave 2 fatigue points, enough masters will kill em all. One more lesson learned the hard way...
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

Well Man is going to do everything in his power not to get beaten. So far things are getting interesting right about now.
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:25 AM

Major General

That was decisive.

I lost 4 Tarts this turn, effectively 5, and I'm down to 8 provinces. My light, it appears, has gone out of the world.

While I hurt R'lyeh terribly (after a fashion - he doesn't care about his troops, only the star spawn matter), I failed even to bruise Shmonk.

Nonetheless, I think he will regret the decision to switch sides, and soon.

I'll be giving away my remaining posessions over the next few turns.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Well, you sure proved a tough nut to crack, and I got a bit lucky on a few occasions. (Taking out your reinvigorator in our first big battle, meaning that you couldn't capitalise on your victory; and I still don't know how I managed to kill that Titan with the stone sword)

The decisive element though, was the fact you had the forge up. While I'm sure you benefited from it (and damn, you had some nastily equiped titans) it also meant everyone was more afraid from you than from me, and in the end noone intervened in your favor.

This was also the war where I learned a lot about large communions. Before now I had only used small/medium communions, nothing really nasty. Now I had a 60-man(fish?thing?) communion running around casting some big spells. Watching you use your communion sure taught me some tricks too. Thank you for the education.

And The Hunger Without Thought has eaten.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:17 AM

Major General

It's true that I underestimated the diplomatic hit that the Forge gave me. Telling Ermor to back off of your corpse may also have been a bad move diplomatically , although I'm not sure why it would've pissed off Pythium and Man.

I was a bit surprised when people offered to help me fight you - I'd expected to have to go toe-to-toe, but when Shmonk announced that he was going to attack me *instead*, that came as a major surprise.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Major General

Jazzepi is on a distinguished road

I actually think that in a game this size Forge is probably /the/ most powerful overworld enchantment. The gem savings off of it amount to far more than you'd expect to get from the astral spell, whatever it's called, with only 4-5 other opponents.

Jazzepi
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:41 AM

Major General

Jazzepi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DrPraetorious said:
It's true that I underestimated the diplomatic hit that the Forge gave me. Telling Ermor to back off of your corpse may also have been a bad move diplomatically , although I'm not sure why it would've pissed off Pythium and Man.

I was a bit surprised when people offered to help me fight you - I'd expected to have to go toe-to-toe, but when Shmonk announced that he was going to attack me *instead*, that came as a major surprise.
You basically claimed half the map by saying that You didn't just announce that to Ermor. You said "anyone taking Ryleh's territories..." and basically threatened the entire map if they didn't let you have all of R'yleh's stuff.

Jazzepi
Old March 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM

Major General

Well, what I actually said was:
Quote:
If anyone else wants R'lyeh territory, other than those to whom I've been sending Goblets, confer with me first - I don't doubt that he'll invite people to take his territory once it's clear he can't win, and I don't intend to stop going just because someone else has lain claim to some of his lands.
Since I'd been sending Pythium and Man goblets, that was just you . I suppose that T'ien Ch'i or Mictlan might've conceivably been threatened, but....

Anyway, yeah, Forge is the best enchantment on this map. Ordinarily I can make peace by forging stuff for other people, but no takers this game.
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Having said all that, Utgard has still got 5 or 6 Tartarians, (some of them might be new/unequiped, but I don't think they still will be by the time I face them) a horde of mages, and some chaff waiting for me behind high walls. I'm sure he'll want to deal out one more hard blow before going down.