Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Bug Bug Thread: Discussion - Page 283 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM

Corporal

hoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Thread: Discussion

In the summary he was mine. So I'm not sure what when on with me not getting his gear and him on the enemy side of the map.
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:18 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

I've seen this bug as well, 2-3 times.
But nothing recent. Are you on the current version?
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM

Corporal

Gokufan1988 is on a distinguished road

In a recent MP game I cast Mother Oak and it never started working. There were 4 globals before and after I cast it. I got the message "So and so successfully cast Mother Oak" and the caster didn't die. I lost all the gems, but it never showed up on the global list or took effect.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Possible siege behavior bug:

If you are under siege, you can sneak out stealth units. This is not a bug. You cannot click the orders of the unit to change from "Sneak" to "Move (don't sneak)" to attack an adjacent province.

But if you Control-click, orders change from "Sneak" to "Move" and you can attack any province in range out of a besieged castle. Should you be able to do this?
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:46 AM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

Well, it makes sense that if you can sneak out of the castle and into the other province, you could then attack it.

It's a little inconsistent that you can do it one way and not another.
Old December 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road

hell, I tried searching for my bug, and this thread comes up, but I don't get forwarded to the exact discussion to see if it is actually the bug I want to post.

So, I post anyway. Sorry if this is a repost.

When in windowed mode, the shift-key doesn't work (ie, can't make uppercase characters, etc). Even when returned back to fullscreen, the problem persists. Have to shut down Dominions, and relaunch to be able to use shift key again.

other keys (alt, cntrl, etc) may also be affected. I didn't test that much.
Old December 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

I had this problem when I had to play for a brief time in Windows (XP I think). I fixed it by turning on the "Handicapped" (or whatever -- can't remember exactly what it's called) option that lets you press the Shift key, release it, then press the key you want to capitalize.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:34 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

I have never seen this but I have seen a related bug in Windows that might possibly be responsible.

This bug was all over the place in Windows 98. I have never caught it happening in XP so I don't know if it was fixed or not.

Under 98 at least the system would lose actions involving the special keys (ctrl, alt & shift) that happened during a video mode change, including into/out-of a DirectX game even if the screen size remained the same. (Whether it lost others or not I don't know, it was only these that were apparent as they have meaning while held down rather than when pressed.)

The result would be that the system would believe the key was in a different state than it was and do all sorts of evil to what you typed until you figured it out. Note that the left and right keys are separate as far as this bug is concerned. Thus if you get the right shift stuck down you can bang the left shift until the sun goes old and it won't help. Hit the right shift once and the problem is fixed.

It happened to me enough that my immediate response to wonky keys is to press all 6 special keys.
Old December 15th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Weird bug:
Admiral Torgrin attacks my province. I kill the armada, but one of my non-PD commanders who happened to be there runs away.

In the turn the battle was in my messages, I go to look for the commander and the commander has totally disappeared (not in any surrounding provinces). I use 'n' to try to find them with next commander - no luck. I use F1 to look through my commanders to find them (no luck). They are simply not there.

The turn following that the commander has reappeared in a valid province that they could have retreated to.

So, where did they go for one turn? And wha...huh?
Old December 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Was the commander stealthy? I've had that happen with Skaven a lot. I get defeated, all my troops and commanders dissapear, then reappear the next turn in valid retreat provs.