.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 20th, 2007, 05:24 PM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scorned Land

Everyone should definatly aviod spending gems while we work this out.
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:16 PM

Sergeant

tibbs is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen my destruction yet. Sounds interesting. I was one turn away from finishing my research for fire storm too! Thanks for the game and good luck against Ry'leh.
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Sergeant

Nikolai is on a distinguished road

I do not want to surrender the game. This is my first outside of my close friends, and I want to learn something. Maybe I am too stupid to know when I am lost, but I want to play to my end.
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM

Corporal

Tequilich is on a distinguished road

Ry'leh still has far to go before he can claim victory... Does he even have a land base of operations yet? Acro and Marv are prob going to have to do most of the hard work of taking him out. Get ahold of me if you REALLY NEED a magic item to tackle the aliens.
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:02 PM

Captain

CUnknown is on a distinguished road

Yeah, no way we're giving up yet, Nikolai! I have coastal provinces adjacent to him as well, although I don't have much underwater ability at the moment.

As far as I know, he doesn't have any land provinces. He's entirely ocean-based and is betting that we can't all team together to take him out underwater, apparently.

Does anyone -not- have provinces adjacent to him?

Honestly, though, I do think the best way to defeat his strategy is just to dispel it. I have 30 gems I can devote to a dispel (although I can't actually cast a dispel myself). Whoever has the highest astral caster should be the one we give our gems to. Maverni? Arcosephale? Who's got it? Clearly, we should be able to get a starshine skullcap, crystal coin, and Ring of Sorcery to the person who's going to do the Dispel. That's +3. Someone probably has a level-4 astral caster, so that would be level 7 total.

I think first we should try a cheap 40-gem dispel to see how many gems he's got tucked away in it. I mean, the thing costs 150 gems just by itself. If that fails, we all pool up like 400 gems and get rid of it. When he re-casts it, we do the same thing. If he knows we're going to dispel it, he's not going to keep casting it at 150 gems a pop.

Do people think that's a good idea, or would you rather do an underwater assault from all angles?
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:14 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

I'm not so experienced in global-dispelling, so I absolutely forgot that Dispel exists (thought we'd need something like S5-6 caster). Well, the first step is, of course, to find out how many gems does that beast-of-a-global have. (Mictlan hasn't reported to this thread, I'll send him an in-game message to check these forums).

Any volunteers to cast 40-gem dispel? If so, report here and cast it ASAP. I'm sure that we can divide the costs between all of us. I'm going to sen in-game message to Mictlan (Ubercat) to check these forums, he must have some astral gems.

I also suggest that everybody either PM's me how many astral gems and how much Astral income do they have (if they don't want to share that info with everybody) or just publicly tell it. We need to know if we can dispel it now, and if we can dispel it in the future, if he recasts it. I think he probably has something like 10-20 gems per turn of astral income (with Stellar Focus).

Since people will be sending me info, I'll give some in return (to be fair). I have 28 astral gems. And not much of a astral income (+1 gem per turn). I won't be giving any info you give me for any third party.

If we can dispel it, cool. No need for gangbang then. If not, we need to discuss how to get underwater. I currently have access and gems to many summons with Poor Amphibian. + I can forge all water-breathing items. I have no shore-line, though. I'd need provinces 203, 221 and 229 to get shore access.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road

I have S5 + gear mages and i know dispell, anyone who wants to contribute send me the gems and i will cast it, but this must be done immediatly. As to how many gems, there's no way at all to know. I will cover the 30 base for the ritual and whatever y'all contribute will be our edge.
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

People have PM'd me some info. And it doesn't look too bright. Unless Ulm (he hasn't contacted me) has super-horde of astral (highly unlikely) gems we need to sacrifice all our gems to the greater good. It's all or nothing!

Since Tyrant was first to volunteer, he will be the one dispelling. On turn 42, send all of your astral gems to him (also known as Maverni). If Arcane Nexus is still rolling in turn 43, we'll have to take military action.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:14 PM

Sergeant

Nikolai is on a distinguished road

Well, I will give contribute all my stash of astral gems, which is embarassing small. I forge all I get. Please decide who casts Dispell, and cast this turn. Tyrant has better S mages so far, so I say he casts. I am holding turn until everyone agrees. Otherwise, end of turn, I send gems to Tyrant, and hope for best. Remember, Astral Vortex brings more all the time.
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:30 PM

Corporal

Tequilich is on a distinguished road

Dont we need at least 150 gems for the dispel? He prob put more than that into it... If I throw in 30 gems will we even get to 150? Trying to dispel just seems pointless but if its not then Ill donate.