.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 7th, 2009, 06:05 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: World in Crisis - Started

Quitti, if you keep casting Armagedon we might as well declare Vfb the winner. You are only hurting me, Niefelheim, Lanka and Hinnom.

If you do choose to continue to do this, I will clearly have no chance to win but I will do anything and everything in my power to make Vfb the winner.
Old January 7th, 2009, 08:08 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road

Executor. Consider my point in the game.

Soon to be eliminated, with the power to affect the whole game.

I'm basically capable of eliminating two out of three players who are currently attacking me from winning the game, while somewhat hurting the third one, and at the same time doing mostly nothing to the only neighbor I have who has not attacked me.

Now what would you do in this position? If you had to go, wouldn't you want to go with a boom ? Like I said, it's time to choose your sides. I'm predicting that only Agartha and R'lyeh can possibly win this game anymore, and while R'lyeh has been amusing and a good opponent, he has been an opponent, while Agartha has not. Why not play a game bit in favor of him then?

"While raining fire and destruction upon his enemies, knowing his fate was doomed, the once great and mighty, now all but blind, diseased, cursed, horrormarked, weakened, limp and crippled with horrendous wounds, the once mighty Cyclops thought; Well, it was fun while it lasted."

Thumbs up for Vfb for being a worthy opponent, I don't really know how I could've stopped you from successfully raiding my lands. I could've probably put more mages for magic duel duty but that's kind of expensive use for those.. Besides, when are you gonna attack with something that has the power to kill that cyclops? Your paralyze/soul slay just doesn't seem to cut through MR40... I wonder why. And by the way, the gobbling part. "Divided equally", perhaps based by landmass, but you picked the one third that contains around quadruple the population/income compared to the rest of the wasteland down there Tidal waves ahoy.
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:53 AM

Sergeant

hunt11 is on a distinguished road

Well that is one way to go with a bang. Through I was one of the players who was hurt the most by this, I can't really fault you for doing as much harm as you could to those who are fighting you. I am curious though if you got outside help to amass that amount of pearls.
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

First of all Quiti, income doesn't really matter this late in the game if you think Vfb screwed us over with land, only gems do.

quote:
I'm basically capable of eliminating two out of three players who are currently attacking me from winning the game, while somewhat hurting the third one, and at the same time doing mostly nothing to the only neighbor I have who has not attacked me.

Again you're wrong, all you're doing is killing our blood income. While it is very hurtful, it's far from eliminating me from the game. Oh and if you think that score graphs show something, you're wrong, again. Those are all militia and other troops I couldn't get rid of.
I might as well lay it all out, the real power of Sauromatia is in 400+ vampires and over 50 vampire lords which was my strategy from the start along with dominion kill. I have some other thing worth mentioning but not until Agartha is dead.

Believe me when I say this, Agartha will not win this game, Vfb will.

Sauromatia declares war or Agartha, we will uphold our 3 turn NAP before we attack. I wanted to do this a very long time, actually since Juffos overcasted my well but only TC stopped me. It doesn't really matter any more.

R'lyeh can consider Sauromatia an ally until the very end at which point we will surrender to him so that R'lyeh will win.
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Sergeant

Juffos is on a distinguished road

Oh, gosh, gee. Maybe I should too surrender to R'lyeh so nobody actually loses but gets to be part of the great mighty Kingmaker Confederation?

No. A game which has developed this far should definitely not end in such an anticlimax. Agartha won't surrender! Ever! We will fight even if the gills of every single pale one have been excised and fed to troglodytes! We hope our resolve will inspirate every nation out there still with dignity and balls to fight against the cowards.
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Captain

hunt11, I've had Arcane Nexus up for, who knows how many turns, it generates quite plenty of pearls for me.. I've been firing wishes every turn since. And still got plenty to go even if the nexus will be in some miraculous way be dispelled. Also I had quite a bit clams myself, basically I blew all my water income and the water gems I traded from others into clams, which produce pearls for me.

Executor, since you admitted that the Armageddon is hurting you (And since it's obviously hurting Hinnom), it's enough for me to keep doing it as long as I can. But hey, it's a game, I play this game now only to keep you from winning, since I can't keep r'lyeh from probably winning the game. To be honest, hunt11, You could've played your cards a bit better, I didn't do much to decimate your 6000 gold dawn guard army at province 55 10-20 turns back. But since you got grigori or few now, they are a tad late. You should've gotten/used them way earlier.
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Sergeant

hunt11 is on a distinguished road

Quitti, Yes I realize that, I had planned to go straight for blood after getting the mandatory dousing rods, but then the war with Formia started. I had to focus all my research to more pressing needs so that I could win the fight. Also since I was using a lot of mages to counteract his sacreds, I had even less mages researching. Thanks for telling me about the wishes, it makes my life a lot easier, also to be honest my blood economy only real use for me was to get LOC's, because while I can see the use of having a massive blood economy, it was never my plan.
Old January 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

Fakeymcfake is on a distinguished road

Hey, this is hurting me quite a bit as well and I've done nothing to you. While what you're doing is allowable as far as the design of the game goes I'd say it is somewhat akin to knocking over a chessboard after losing a game in terms of sportsmanship.

I'm not saying that I don't understand your reasoning for doing so, a last hurrah before going down is always fun to have. But by launching successive earthquakes you're screwing over everyone, not just the people who beat you. You're not even hurting them that much. Executor is right, you're barely scratching R'lyeh with the earthquakes, and while the loss of bloodslaves might annoy Sauro it's crippling me way more than anyone else.

Anyhow, if you're going to keep this up until R'lyeh finally puts you out of your misery I might as well quit and concentrate on other games because quite frankly you've just pissed all over my chances for your little blaze of glory.
Old January 7th, 2009, 08:54 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakeymcfake View Post
On a completely unrelated note, TC just became the proverbial 500 lbs gorilla of our game. And unfortunately, this world only has room for one nation of apes, proverbial or otherwise.
I considered that a threat, though somewhat meaningless since you really didn't have easy access to my lands. True, you have not actually done anything in-game to hurt me that I could at least be aware of. But such is the price to pay for siding with my enemies (if you aren't with me, you are against me, and the usual stuff, yadayada).

Yes. I ruined your chances. Now is your chance to ruin the game for someone else. Attack Hinnom, sauromatia, agartha, r'lyeh, whoever's left. Or spam some infernal disease, who knows, you might get lucky with accidentally killing off my wisher
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Surely even Agartha wishes this madness to stop, and will join in the elimination of the insane god Kevätkukkanen of Tien Chi before the world is reduced to a smoldering wasteland. Fly your iron dragons down to The Den, so you may capture a TC castle the next month!
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?