.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Momentum - EA game - Started

Congratulations to TC. That was fast.
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM

Private

Radioheart is on a distinguished road

Hurray, I win!

Did I win?
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

Huh
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
You win for the moment, but I think you also draw a lot of attention to yourself. It's rarely good to be the leader, often it's better to keep a low profile. I predict you will be double-teamed before turn 25.
Is this a threat Sauro?

Our lands are nowhere near contiguous, does Sauro attempt to slander the honorable reputation of my T'ien Ch'i? Convince others I am a neighbor-eating monster so they'll be your proxies while expanding your own already considerable province count.

To my friends and neighbors, should anyone encourage your declaration of a war with the T'ien Ch'i, or anyone else, consider carefully the ones doing the encouraging. Please, if you have any concerns about your future relations with my nation we invite your messengers and diplomats to visit the Celestial Court themselves. Refreshments served between 11 and 3.
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road

First of all, you should know better then to publish a private message in public. You should never, never, never do it without the consent of the other party. I am sure there is even something about it in the forum rules.

It was not a threat, it was a prediction, like it says. I didn't talk to any player in the game about Tien Chi, let alone encourage anyone to attack you. I was just noting that you have become too big too fast and that the likely course of the events is that you will be attacked soon by more then one neighbor. I am sure that your neighbors need no persuasion from me and that they know what is best for themselves. If I was your neighbor, I'd be attacking you right now. Actually I sent it as a PM so as not to appear as if I am encouraging someone to attack you.

Sauromatia is big in territory, but it means little because our lands are wastes. I started with order 3 - go look at the graphs and compare my income with the others that have half my number of provinces. It has an upside too - whoever attacks me is bound to gain nothing.

Last edited by Psycho; December 1st, 2008 at 07:36 PM..
Old December 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM

Private

Huh, I was skeptical about the PM issue. I read the forum rules and it is in there. I meant it only as an "in-character" attempt at diplomacy, Sauro wishes to form anti-TC coalition of the willing! Who is the real villain? No to preemptive strikes! And so on. Please forgive, was in good spirit.

Were you trying to convince me you weren't scheming against me, then hah, that message rather missed its mark. Cheers.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

Wokeye is on a distinguished road

Indeed this game is beginning to get interesting...
Old December 4th, 2008, 02:23 AM

Private

Good game Phalent of Ulm. I had a little more than my fair share of good fortune but that is the way of it sometimes, yeah?

The peoples of Ulm, you shall be governed justly.

The peasant in bondage to your chiefs and master, you are hereby freed. Your land is now under your own private ownership to sell or work as you see fit.

The blacksmith forced into slavery, spending an entire month forging the arms and armor of a single ineffective warrior, you are hereby freed to practice your craft as your own interests dictate. Fair and just prices paid for the spear points and scale mail that will equip dozens of the Ever Victorious Army.

The warriors and shamans who were conscripted into an inefficient horde, enlist in The Ever Victorious Army. Your unique skills will be recognized and you will be given the proper training to best enable your talents. You will be part of a professional army whose sum is greater than its parts. Your pay will be on time and in gold coin. T'ien Ch'i cookfires are the envy of soldiers throughout the world.

Your culture will be given an honored place within the Celestial Court, your voice will be forever heard by the True Sight and Swift Hand, the Eternal Goddess Qing Li.
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:45 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

Hey folks,

In the original post Valerius indicated that we'd adjust the hosting time at turn 30. I can probaly continue with the 24 turn around for a while yet, but I am reaching the point where I may need a little more time in between turns. Anyone else feeling the pinch as well?
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

I would prefer to stay 24-hour as long as possible, but I don't want to make it hard for other players to keep up. Turns are still only taking me 5-10 minutes.