Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 29th, 2016, 02:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Single source? \
I can dream..........
Old January 30th, 2016, 12:54 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

I've not found one on the net that covers that data except for the Flight Global data I've posted and sent dealing with current/retired and ordered aircraft/helos from the world's airforces. The best I can offer is
1. http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/ and
2. http://www.military-today.com/aircraft.htm

Notes: Both are about 90%+ at for what your looking for but, will also provide weapon types and how many.
1. For the first ref. use the indexes on the right side of the page broken by "Region" and below that "Type" i.e. Ground Attack, Attack Helicopters etc. these are useful and save time.

2. For the second ref. they have a very extensive listing broken down by aircraft type and country alpha order. They also maintain a decent amount of older aircraft under the "type" section as well.

Though I haven't done much in years with aircraft as posted-these two have been my standbys for a very long time for the reasons stated above. I can most certainly say, there are much worse places to start. And you'll see them again from me as I'm not doing anything else until I "clear the deck" of the many years worth I have. Don't worry not a "huge" list more neglected is all, as you know-priorities in other equipment types. I've tried that search on and off for years now and I haven't found anything close to a JANE'S or similar website.

Regards,
Pat

P.S. I almost forgot...yes you can dream, but remember even a nightmare is a dream!

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 30th, 2016 at 01:02 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 30th, 2016, 04:28 AM

Lieutenant General

It bugged me after my last post that there was another site I used and had on my old computer but, I couldn't remember what it was because I lost it during one of my computer crashes on my old PC. I wanted to make one last check by doing a "word tech" change to my search criteria and there it was and now here it is...
http://www.combataircraft.com/

Don't be afraid to play with this site it has what you want plus if you click on the country it'll provide a pretty accurate picture of that countries combat aircraft holdings. Also the aircraft description/history is pretty good as well.

A most welcomed re-addition to my refs after losing it for about 4yrs. or so now.

Now I'm more satisfied between these last two posts on my offerings to you. The rest I use are more news orientated, therefore, I'm done on this topic now, though the search did also garner for me a new and verified news site as well so it wasn't a wasted effort at all.

Now for bed!! One more to go.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 30th, 2016, 08:50 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
It bugged me after my last post that there was another site I used and had on my old computer but, I couldn't remember what it was because I lost it during one of my computer crashes on my old PC.

Yeah I know what you mean. I "lost" the link I was using yesterday that inspired the question !

Then the two brain cells that still work remembered I sent Andy the link

http://www.targetlock.org.uk/typhoon/weapons.html

scroll down to Weapon Configurations and you find the original version of this....

Nice, yes ?

You can see the hardpoints and it give typical loads ...... MUCH more helpful than something like this for the Phantom II

Quote:
provision to mount two AIM-7 Sparrow self-defence AAMs in rear fuselage recesses; radar suppression weapons include mix of AGM-45 Shrike, AGM-65 Maverick and AGM-88 HARM missiles in conjunction with APR-38 RHAWS integral equipment and podded ALQ-119 ECM
or others that tell me something can carry say........20,000 pounds but don't say how many of which hardpoints are for heavy ordnance and which for light.

The problem is even this doesn't tell the whole story but it does better than most. Note the close air support configuration show the Typhoon carrying 18 ( ! ) brimstones. Six hardpoints used with three misslies per hardpoint so in game terms ----if I ASSUME they balance the load.... the least amount of Brimstones carried would be 6.....one pod of three per side, then other goodies could be hung. I discovered from a photo that the Tornado can carry 12 brimestones-------- 4 pods of 3 on the center line but finding all this out without multiple sources and a lot of luck is a real treat sometimes and in the end a Typhoon in the game with 18 brimstones is pricey at 624 points ....tempting to buy for all those Brimstones but you really want the air defence suppressed before you send that in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	14089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image5.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	14090  
Old January 30th, 2016, 01:31 PM

Lieutenant General

I agree that is more useful, the A-10 is another fine example of this the USAF uses the term "pylon" which is mounted to a "hardpoint" that's designed for the same purpose - to carry multiple weapons. And going back to the Gunship issue, the plane I can't let go of is the "THUD" that not only was capable carrying a diverse variety of weapons but actually did especially in Germany. It would routinely carry a mix of anti-personnel and anti-armor weapons to be used against heavy Soviet mechanized units. Remember this was our top frontline ground attack aircraft for over ten years until the F-4 PHANTOM finally took over that role. But to your point where did I find that data? Like you on a dedicated plane pilot run website (That used USAF weapons configuration data sheets.) that's the only way we can "reasonably" get it "more right" in getting to these details.

Name:	Cb7M6Kw.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	14093 Click image for larger version

Name:	A-10_Kuwait_3-706x470.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	14094

Name:	blog-f105_mg_9059_edited-1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	14095 Click image for larger version

Name:	F-105D_AFArmMuseum-2010-05_352_800.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	14096

Name:	Republic-F105-Cutaway.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	14097

Gotta get ready for 8.5 hrs. of fun!?! Well at least now that I'm retired I get 6 hrs. of sleep instead of the 4 hrs. on a good day on the boat!

Regards,
Pat

Old January 30th, 2016, 02:34 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I recall reading a comment once that while it was possible for an F-4 to get 24 x 500# bombs off the ground the target needed to be just off the end of the runway due to fuel consumption.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old February 13th, 2016, 04:20 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Try this in a normal aircraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-YsrwRNwY

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old February 13th, 2016, 07:52 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I discovered from a photo that the Tornado can carry 12 brimestones-------- 4 pods of 3 on the center line but finding all this out without multiple sources and a lot of luck is a real treat sometimes and in the end a Typhoon in the game with 18 brimstones is pricey at 624 points ....tempting to buy for all those Brimstones but you really want the air defence suppressed before you send that in
Thats why the other 4 missiles are ALARMs

(the outer pylons are carrying, I believe a targeting pod and a countermeasures pod)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old February 13th, 2016, 08:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The problem now is...............there are no longer any ALARMS in the inventory. They have been decomissioned
Old February 13th, 2016, 09:29 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
The problem now is...............there are no longer any ALARMS in the inventory. They have been decomissioned
Eeek! I wasn't aware of this! We go from having one of the best and the only "loitering" ARM to having nothing???

It seems that there won't be a UK military in a few years
RAF has no teeth, RN has no planes, Army has no soldiers, etc.

Perhaps its easier to have the UK OoB ending in 2015...

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod