.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 22nd, 2007, 04:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Elli (Closed, Readying)

Ah, thanks Sensori. Good to know.

Heh. Wow. Lanka has also staled out 3 times. --In fact, everyone in this game has at least once, except you and me. Strange...

LP has staled again. It's definite: LP is MIA. And he was our moderator. Since practically half the players will be absent over the weekend, I've sent an 'URGENT!!!' PM to llamabeast explaining the situation, and asking him to delay the hosting of our game. I'm hoping to avoid any further stales.

Who knows? Maybe the extra time will allow LP to return from whatever limbo he vanished into...
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:04 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Sorry, I didn't get the PM in time, but it looks as if everyone got their turns in on time apart from LP - who does indeed look like he might be missing. Hopefully he's just had some technical difficulties.

IndyPendant asked me to postpone the next hosting till 11pm on the 24th, and then put it on 48 hour timer. Does that sound okay?

PM me if anything else needs to be done. Don't want people staling.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Thanks, llamabeast. And no worries; I had sent you that message in response to LP staling out again, so you delayed the right turn. And that delay should be plenty, based on MartialDoctor's request.

The 48-hour thing was my own initiative, based on the fact that it's the holidays coming up. We can go back to 24 or 30 if everyone prefers.
Old December 25th, 2007, 10:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sensori is on a distinguished road

No matter how unintended Lazy's disappearance was, he has greatly detracted from the fun of the game by starting a war with a nation and then buggering the hell off. I'm seriously thinking about going AI because the game is, by no means, fair at this point, and it's solely due to Lazy's declaration of war and disappearance, giving Caelum an unfair advantage not only in the war but also in the whole game.
Old December 25th, 2007, 12:05 PM

First Lieutenant

Torin is on a distinguished road

cmon, the only favored nation is yours since fomoria was your main threath with their water breathing giants.
Old December 25th, 2007, 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

Well, I can understand Sensori's frustration--to a point. I did gain an advantage by LP's disappearance, that's undeniable.

However.

I also started at a severe *disadvantage* by my random starting position. Before LP went AWOL, I had pretty much resigned myself to using this game as a sandbox to learn some more from whatever mistakes I ended up making, before I went under.

At best, things have balanced out so that I now have a fighting chance at winning the game. And that's at best. Which if anything should make people happy; more challenge, better game, etc.

And Torin does have a point, Sensori; with Fomoria gone, Atlantis only has one other nation that can challenge you in the water (before late-game). Your position is actually more secure, now--particularly since I have no intentions of fighting any nation that doesn't attack me first. (For a while, at least.)

And, well, at the risk of offending Sensori with a bit of an elbow in the side...I didn't see him crying foul--*at all*--over my and (I've now discovered) Fomoria's unbelievably crappy starting positions, which initially gave the other players that 'unfair advantage' he speaks of... ; )
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

--Oh, and I have just finished sending a PM to llamabeast. Anyone have any objection to my taking over as moderator in LP's absence? I don't mind stepping aside of someone else wants the job.
Old December 25th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

Uh, obviously I didn't whine about your "crappy starts" because my start (if you can call "I gots a home province of a nation in the 15+ provinces I got at start, unfairly uneven start for meh" as a crappy start ;p), as a water nation in a game with a snaky sea, was crappy by default. The fact that my position is "secure" in the sea is a joke, since that never has actually won games for water nations and it's the same as me being almost unable to interact with the rest of the world cuz my troops suck on land compared to the rest.

And... After having killed Sauromatia you had a "winning chance" (you were as large as all other nations tbh), and you had two capitals which meant a gigantic boost to your gem and regular income. Now you have by far the strongest bid to victory and you will soon have 3 capitals which will make your gem/regular income totally insane, and you become almost twice as large as any other nation. All this WITHOUT A FIGHT. There's a slight difference there somewhere (as in between having a mere "chance at winning" and having by far the greatest chance for winning since you are by far the largest nation with least actual fighting), but I guess you just dun wanna notice it.

I wouldn't call a game where one nation gets to grow into gigantic proportions with no fighting a "better" and/or "more challenging" game, but rather a "retarded" and/or "not worth my time" kind of game.
Old December 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Torin said:
cmon, the only favored nation is yours since fomoria was your main threath with their water breathing giants.
Yeah, sure, he was a "big threat" with giants that basically have the same ability as everyone else's units with water breathing items. They're poor amphibians after all. And you really think that a nation who gains ALL OF FOMORIA'S LANDS is less favored by his destruction than me? That's just... Uh... Not very bright. So if Arcoscephale, hypothetically, destroyed Lanka who wouldn't even fight back, that would somehow favor you more than Arcoscephale, too, I guess?

That just makes no sense.
Old December 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Corporal

MartialDoctor is on a distinguished road

Sensori,

Yes, Indy did get an advantage due to Lazy's drop... and I don't know why he dropped since he doesn't seem like to the type to do so. Something must have come up in his personal life.

Anyways, there is still plenty of game to be played. Just because something unpredictable came around that gave him a strong advantage, there is no reason to drop out. Indy has not won the game and it is far from over.

And, Indy, I have no problem with you becoming the new moderator.