.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road
Default Seeking permanent sub for MA Ermor, Priori game.

Hi all.

I will be handing off MA Ermor in Priori to whoever would like it. You have a *very* good chance of winning this game; I'm at or near the top of just about every single chart. I am definitely the #1 contender for winning, with only one other nation even in my league (Pangaea). The biggest issue for my replacement will most likely be that this has been bringing me a lot of attention.

Ermor has been at war in one way or another for pretty much the entire game.

We are deep in end-game, and I am currently at war with two nations: Man and Vanheim. I am also sieging Agartha's capital with no way to crack that egg anytime soon. (Cor2 just. won't. let. go! ; ) Vanheim is more of a nuisance than a threat right now, but he is slowly gaining back his territories, mostly due to Man's timely assistance, and he will likely move back into a solid threat position while you fight off Man.

I've been getting my *** handed to me recently. Repeatedly. And it's primarily because I'm having trouble adjusting to the Dom3 endgame, where everything is about the gems, the SCs, and the spells--and army content is pretty much irrelevant. (Have I mentioned that I *HATE* Dom3 endgame? ; ) Nevertheless, I do know this is the way the endgame is played, so it's not like I haven't been planning for that. You should find yourself in a solid position with lots of options when you take over.

I have some surprises for my foes almost ready to be launched, which I will describe to my replacement, to use or not as he wishes. I'm reasonably certain these plans would still allow me to take the win, despite recent setbacks--but this potential brings me no anticipation. The prospect of plodding my way for untold hours through a game where essentially units and tactics are completely irrelevant, and only cookie-cutter armies of gems, SCs, and spells matter...is exceedingly tedious for me. Games are all about fun, and I'm just not having fun with Dom3 endgame.

So. If you like the idea of having a *very* solid end-game position handed to you to play out on your own...it's yours!

--IndyPendant.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Seeking permanent sub for MA Ermor, Priori game.

Just a bump to get this near the top again.

Someone must want this! A free ticket to practice end-game tactics without the bother of actually clawing your way there, and if you fail you can always blame the 'poor setup' I left you with...
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Well, I just finished my last big game, and I have been thinking about playing Ermor sometime, so I suppose I could pitch in for you if you can't find other takers. This does indeed sound like a good opportunity for people with a bit less end game experience though, so if anyone else expressen intrest I'd be more than happy to let them sub for you.

Say what: I have a very busy weekend, so I'd have trouble playing a turn immediately anyway, so how about you see if anyone else shows up to take over, and if not I'll be your guy on monday. Sounds good to you?
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

Perfect, Amhazair, and enjoy! (Assuming no one else shows up.)

I'll play the next turn or two, and then send you a PM explaining the situation in detail come Monday.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

Rathar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seeking permanent sub for MA Ermor, Priori gam

A bit of change a coming..
Old May 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

One final bump just in case anyone else would like to try endgame with MA Ermor after all. Tomorrow the opportunity is gone.
Old May 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

Long, preparatory description is already ready. And I will be available for any questions you may have. I'm not going anywhere, so I can do my best to make the transition as smooth as possible.