Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Tophats: Squirreloid wins! - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 25th, 2010, 07:31 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Tophats: Squirreloid wins!

TheEarlyDays ended and my fix of Dom3 is running thin. My hands are shaking like mad.

I need more!

Because I'm a very silly person, I need spice up each of my games with odd mods and rules. This time I'm going for something very different from "Dramatica". It's time for all of us to act like men of stature & education. Definately not some vagabonds who live under bridges.

Also, my mod nation, Bretonnia is in need of MP test. I'm sure that one of you gentlemen will take this nation for a whirl. If none of you fancy it, I'll play it, but it would be preferrable for someone else to play it for objectivity.

Rules

Era: MA
Players: 11. 8 land players and 3 water players.
Settings: Renaming on, otherwise normal
Mods: Gentleman's Compilimation mod, containing CBM 1.6, Nehekhara, Bretonnia and Ogres. Downloadable from this post. Note that you will need to download the actual mods too, since I forgot to include the graphics of the mod in question.

Diplomacy:

1) All agreements are binding, we are Gentlemen after all.
1a) Should a player break an agreement, all other contracts the offending player has made shall be made void.

2) All agreements are public and must be stated in this thread for them to be under protection of clause 1). There is no need to be too verbose though, something like "Shinyama has signed NAP3 with Bretonnia" is enough. Both signing and retreating from an agreement must be announced.

3) The admin of the game shall keep a list of all announced agreements on the first post for quick reference.

Map: Islands and Tunnels

Other rules
1) Ashdod is not a nation for gentlemen. We will keep it out of this game.
2) Roleplaying by characteristic posts (both in-game and in this thread) is heavily encouraged and appreciated.
3) Fighting to the last breath is expected in this game. If you are too time strained or unmotivated to play, please at least try to find a sub.
4) In sign-up, you have to put the word "Monocle" (no context needed) in the post where you sign up. Consider it a sort of test for me to know that you have read the rules of the game and know for what you are singing up to. I mean, imagine if some vagabond managed to sneak into this friendly spar between civilized men. The mere thought is propostereous!

Hosting:
26h for turns 1-25
36h for turns 26-40
48h for turns 41-60
72h after turn 60

Delays granted on request.Gentlemen have important stuff to do outside of this game.

Victory Condition:

1) Ruling 4 capitals for 3 consecutive turns.
2) Concensus from other gentlemen

PLAYERS

Player -- Nation
1.Burnsaber(admin) -- Shinyama
2.Trumanator -- Ogres
3.Cleveland -- Oceania
4.Apsophos -- R'lyeh
5.GameExtremist -- Arcosephale
6.Alpine Joe -- Bretonnia
7.fungalreason -- Vanheim
8.Squirreloid -- Nehekra
9.Starshine_Monarch -- Tien C'hi
10.ghoul31 -- Agartha
11.Grijalva -- Atlantis

Agreements:

Code:
Bretonnia <-> R'lyeh -- NAP 3
Bretonnia <-> Ogres -- NAP 3
Shinuyama <-> Agartha -- NAP 3
Shinuyama <-> Nehekhara -- NAP 3
Shinuyama <-> Vanheim -- NAP 5
Nehekhara <-> Arcosephale -- NAP 3
Nehekhara <-> Oceania -- NAP 3
Ogre Kingdoms <-> Atlantis -- NAP 5
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gentlemanmod.zip (102.0 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by Burnsaber; June 7th, 2010 at 05:07 AM..
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Sergeant

Alpine Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game (Recruiting 1/10 slots filled)

I will play Bretonnia (If I can ever get a moment away from the country club...)

dash it what happened to my monocle!
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:29 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

A most interesting proposition, indeed!

Quid pro quo, good sir: I put together a little map this weekend designed for just such a 10 player game (115 land/25 uw provs, 8 land/2 uw players). This map is also in need of some testing.

Perhaps a gentlemen's agreement can be arranged? Consider the map, and I shall consider the game?

Here is a screenshot, though you'll have to wrap-it-around in your head:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Islands and Tunnels.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	9310

Upon close inspection by monocle, you'll see it too has several silly features included strictly for spice:
1) It's "planetary," i.e. east-west wraparound with "polar" connectivity at the poles, much like the map in my signature.
2) It's made of a number of small islands, and therefore has a large number of chokepoints, by design. This is particularly true in the ocean, which is usually strategically neglected by mapmakers.
3) Sailing is consequently very strategically important. Also by design. Who doesn't like boats?
4) To compensate, the islands are connected by underwater passageways...these passageways are cave provinces.

Let me know, my good man.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:07 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Why hello old chap! I must say, after examining that there map with my trusty monocle I find it terribly exciting! We'll see how my ogres enjoy its lush terrain.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:25 PM

Corporal

Apsophos is on a distinguished road

This souds very interesting. I would like to join this little monocle-wearing club of yours, with a couple of reserves:
- English is not my first language (I mean... don't true gentlemen all speak French?) and I am not accustomed to written roleplaying. I can offer no guarantee regarding the quality or quantity of my participation.
- I have absolutely no idea of which glorious nation I should lead to its demise. I am open to suggestions, or maybe I will just wait for all the slots to be taken and pick a nation at random.
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

Humakty is on a distinguished road

Mes biens chers amis, après ce cours préambule dans la langue de Molière, je me livre a mon propos :

I'm a young dominions 3 gentleman, having just been granted the right to wield my monocle in public, but I'm very enthusiastic about having my first MP experience in this kind of game.

My english isn't top nuts either, RP will be painfull, and I'm for the moment quite uncertain about who to play, let say Bandar Log.

Senior member of the GLIN !
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Hear hear!
Attached Images

Old January 25th, 2010, 03:47 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
A most interesting proposition, indeed!

Quid pro quo, good sir: I put together a little map this weekend designed for just such a 10 player game (115 land/25 uw provs, 8 land/2 uw players). This map is also in need of some testing.

Perhaps a gentlemen's agreement can be arranged? Consider the map, and I shall consider the game?
Dear Sir, I ogled at you map for quite a while. My peculiar curiosity was roused, if you excuse my strong language.

We would be honored to use your map in our game. I also took the freedom of signing you up. The presence of such a industrious gentleman as yourself will do the game only good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsophos View Post
- I have absolutely no idea of which glorious nation I should lead to its demise. I am open to suggestions, or maybe I will just wait for all the slots to be taken and pick a nation at random.
Perhaps you'd like to play underwater nation? Their survival rate is quite high, allowing you to experience quite a lot of the game. There are good guides for MA R'lyeh & Atlantis.

For all those concencerned about your roleplaying capabilities, don't sweat over it. The theme is not supposed to be *that* serious. It's just good set-up for jokes.

To talk like a true gentlman, Thesaurus is a good tool. Just type the word you are about to say and just use the most verbose synonym thesaurus offers instead. Calling people "chaps" also works.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Sergeant

fungalreason is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game (Recruiting 6/10 slots filled)

This venture sounds most promising indeed. My monocle has been gathering dust for quite some time, but I do believe it's time to don it once again.

Since the people of Vanheim do not yet appear to have proper representation in this righteous quarrel, I humbly submit myself as overlord in their quest for victory and honour.
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game (Recruiting 6/10 slots filled)

I suppose, as I am soon to be unjustly slain in Utopia, I perchance have time for a little additional dalliance with some good fellows.

I do question the honor of a man who chooses to play a glamour nation. This is a game amongst gentlemen, yet you, sir, choose a nation who obfuscates and deceives. Hardly forthright behavior, you shame your monocle.

In that spirit, if there be no objections from my esteemed colleagues, I will graciously accept the reins of Nekehara. The dead, after all, have no secrets and tell no lies. And I will promise not to use the preposterous gilded scorpion, which no gentleman should sully his hands with.

I have one question regarding the OP: "Shinyama has singed NAP3 with Bretonnia"? Would that be a statement of intent to end a NAP, or simply minorly transgress it? I suppose perhaps some people prefer to lightly singe their bridges rather than burning them.