.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Sergeant

Olive is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scourge of Nations

Arg, I (Abysia) regularly checked the thread on Cyber boards - which is plain dead - but not this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
In fact I think he realize this himself. You notice that he is not trying to siege your capitol? He is just building forts. Why is that?
Skrattis killed a lot of my devils in the first battles, an as there are certainly a lot of them in Jotun's capitol, I thought domkill would spare a lot of my troops and be not so much longer. I guess something went wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galou View Post
Unless Abyssia concede the game, there are no in-game reasons to stop it (at least this turn: Agartha and Aby coud get the VP for Caelum, Midgard, Utgard and Mictlan's capitols).

...even if I would like to launch a new game.
Oops, one more miscalculation, didn't think there was still Caelum's capitol to take (sorry Galou).

There's no way I can prevent Agartha from taking Caelum or Mictlan in the next few turns... after that, I can still fight to get Agartha's Capitol and have a triple even. Honestly, I don't think I stand a chance, especially after Agartha's latest global. But if everyone is OK to keep playing, I'm ready for more turns.
Old April 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM

Sergeant

Sorry for the double post, can't find the edit button.

So edit the latest post : yes, of course, I concede the point, so there's no point for continuing this game - except some more battles.
Old April 26th, 2011, 05:03 PM

Private

Danakh is on a distinguished road

So it is over, congratulation to Corinthian !
Old April 26th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Corporal

odeoderok is on a distinguished road

I agree, congratulations!
Old April 27th, 2011, 02:15 AM

Corporal

Galou is on a distinguished road

Ok, Game finished.

Agartha win. Congrats to Corinthian.
I thought our mid-game war would have crippled his chances but not at all. He barely notice it.

I like the victory conditions too and will launch a new game soon.
Old April 27th, 2011, 03:37 AM

Sergeant

Yes,congrats. Back midgame, I was pretty sure that Mictlan would eat everything, you greatly turned the situation to your advantage.
Old April 27th, 2011, 05:07 AM

Private

Danakh is on a distinguished road

In fact my first war against bogarus wasn' very succesfull; launched too early, it cost me most of my magic research for 10-15 turns.
I have turtled then a few and jump on Pangaea when i have the opportunity for my second victory point

Then a long war against Mitgard started ... I though that taking every fort and province and the way would only give the capitol to Agartha so i just take Arco's city and them send my forces directly on Mitgard to take it.
A send a second force on Caelum to clear the way with the idea of teleporting my main defending army on it ... but learned the hard way that oracle can teleport but not cast astral travel
Migard was taken at high cost, reinforcement was not available due to the very long distance so I could not keep it (Agartha succesfully prevent me from taking surrounding fort) and I wasn't succesfull in Caelum

I almost not doing blood as I was thinking it would take me too much time and gold to rush with my nice triple blessed army
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for a most entertaining game. I really liked the rules. Especially the random nations/hard research combo. Both forced me to consider new tactics I would not otherwise have considered.

I personally think that Mictlan is the strongest nation in the Late Age and I was half certain that they would win the game when they attacked both Midgård and Pan at he same time. The reason I believe this is because the one other time that I have won a major Dominions game I was playing Mictlan. And once I had my blood economy up running I was mostly untouchable. The fact that Danakh chose to sideline blood for a rush was the thing that did him in. It would have worked against Midgård, but the fact is that my best Tartarian champions and my Grue, all could fight an arbitrary number of jaguar warriors and win. If Mictlan would have had access to spells like "Life for a Life" or "Claws of Coctytus", things would have been much harder for me.

The hardest war for me was probably the one against Caelum. In fact, this war was almost the opposite of the one against Mictlan. Against Mictlan I fought a bigger empire by using troops and methods he was weak against. Against Caelum I fought a smaller nation who used troops and tactics that *I* was weak against. Agartha simply aren't built to fight against Caelum and the only reason I won, was that when the war started, I had twice the amount of provinces and forts that he had. In fact, if Caelum had only attacked me about 3 turns earlier, before I had time to fully neutralize and digest Man, Caelum would probably have won.

And Galou. I apologize. I could not find a way to lose gracefully as we agreed I would.
Old April 28th, 2011, 04:56 AM

Corporal

Galou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And Galou. I apologize. I could not find a way to lose gracefully as we agreed I would.
You could try in the new game I just setting up.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Sorry, but I am feeling a little burned out on dominions right now. Maybe another time.