.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blood Sacrifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
Number 3 might be possible though. Because priests preaching in an enemy province that contains a temple gets the +1 to priest level if there is an enemy temple present.
Wtf, didn't know that. Sounds like a bug to me.
http://wolfsbane.alwaysdata.net/Spells.html
Test stuff, use the debug mod:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM

Corporal

Shangrila00 is on a distinguished road

You can't bloodsac on enemy temples, at least with priests besieging an enemy fort. Haven't played a nation with stealthy priests and bloodsac, but I imagine it works the same way.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

JonBrave is on a distinguished road

I don't think you can sacrifice elsewhere than your own temple.

Is it confirmed that preaching in an enemy province with a temple gets any temple boost? My manual taks about "friendly temple", and I thought we had gone through this and decided that friendly meant owned by you, not whether the province liked your Dom or not. ?

Quote:
Number 3 might be possible though. Because priests preaching in an enemy province that contains a temple gets the +1 to priest level if there is an enemy temple present.

Last edited by JonBrave; March 2nd, 2012 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Pasted Corinthian's quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

I think so. We talked about it in a previous thread and I tested it in MP against Ermor while sieging his capitol once. Normally a province with dom 8+ would be almost immune to H2 preachers. (well 20% chance) But eight H8 preachers got rid of that just fine in like 2 turns.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

JonBrave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think so. We talked about it in a previous thread and I tested it in MP against Ermor while sieging his capitol once. Normally a province with dom 8+ would be almost immune to H2 preachers. (well 20% chance) But eight H8 preachers got rid of that just fine in like 2 turns.
Sorry, quite lost H8 preachers?? Oh, perhaps you meant eight H2 preachers. If you were right they would be H3 instead of H2. How does that prove to you that must be the case? I make an H2 have (initial) 20% chance, H3 50%. Hmmm, I see. If you got lucky turn #1 that 20% could easily be 30+% by turn #2, and if "like 2 turns" turned out to be more like 3....

The manual likes "friendly" temples..

P.S.
It's also possible that preaching in enemy fort+temple province = bonus could be a bug, just seeing if a temple is there. If you think about it, your guy wants to preach at the temple, but that's inside the enemy fort, so he can't get there, seems to me...

Last edited by JonBrave; March 2nd, 2012 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Added P.S.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Thats not all. You cant imagine how lazy the mages and priests are in Dominions. Did you know that all magic sites you find will be found inside your own castle walls? The mages does not even bother searching further away than they could get on a sordid summer stroll. This even works if you are under siege. Just try the quick button for site searching "S" and watch them search the interior of the castle for magic sites!

Also it was not only a mater of preaching down existing dominion from his capitol because he had his pretender in the castle and combined with the temple and the capitol bonus that makes for 5 domchecks a turn.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM

Sergeant

Kobal2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thats not all. You cant imagine how lazy the mages and priests are in Dominions. Did you know that all magic sites you find will be found inside your own castle walls? The mages does not even bother searching further away than they could get on a sordid summer stroll.
That's already pretty good. I can't even find my keys and there's only one room they can be in, nevermind a whole fortified city.

OK, so maybe missing the huge volcano in the middle of the plaza is being a bit oblivious, but they're busy people. Can't keep track of everything, dontcherknow. Places to go, people to see, unholy mockeries of life itself to dig out of their graves, you know how it is.