.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 14th, 2010, 07:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road
Default Re: About to start first MP game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavis_L View Post
...you might have a look at http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Imprint_Souls...

Nice! I'll be trying this one out. Up till now I'd been teleporting in 2-3 casters, blind, and spamming school of sharks. Effective but dangerous.

(P.S. Cheers for all the help so far gentlemen)

EDIT: I've been reading a bit about the spell and noticed the fatigue cost. Wouldn't that amount do bad things to the caster?
Imprint Souls is a ritual spell. The fatigue cost of a ritual spell only serves to specify the number of required gems to cast it. The fact that it's specified as "fatigue cost" is merely a side effect of how the game stores its data; you'll never see that as fatigue on the caster.
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Private

Ignus is on a distinguished road

My first MP game is going well, except for one thing: there's this one province I can't enter. It's underwater, unclaimed, has no flag at all, but it has a number and some dominion in it. Is this a bug or has something happened that I'm unaware of?
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:54 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My first MP game is going well, except for one thing: there's this one province I can't enter. It's underwater, unclaimed, has no flag at all, but it has a number and some dominion in it. Is this a bug or has something happened that I'm unaware of?
Nothing wrong with it: dominion spreads independently on the owner of the provinces and numbers are bound to provinces in the map-file. Province number is displayed to you if you own the province, border it or have stealthy unit in it. So it's just an unclaimed province with someone else's dominion.
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When you say you can't enter it, do you mean that you assign units to move, and they don't? Or that you can't even get the game to assign units to move to it?

You might turn on the province connections map filter to make sure that it has at least one valid province connection. If it doesn't, then yes, that is a (map) bug, which is not unheard of for custom maps, although I've not seen it in the game generated maps. Note that having no province connections would also prevent dominion from spreading into it (as you describe.)
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM

Private

Ignus is on a distinguished road

I had a check with connections on, and it isn't quite broken, just immensely unintuitive. It's a water province that can't be reached via water while it looks like a lake cut in half (I'm in one half).

It's in the far east of Glory of the Gods if anyone want's to confirm.