.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 18th, 2010, 07:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sensori is on a distinguished road
Default Re: David & Goliath - Running noob game

And you guys who're saying that Arco's the winner should remember that even though Arco has AN, Helheim had another supposedly winning global (the Forge) and look where that got him.
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Don_Pablo,

Rdonj, isn't in this game and doesn't know the facts.

I gave you the 3 turn Nap (see the forums) as a reward for subbing and to reassure you that you would not be ganged up on.

When we ran into each other you said we had a 5 turn Nap and while I had said I didn't remember doing that I would accept it.

Well, The more I thought about it the more I couldn't find it in my notes or remember giving a person I had never met a 5 turn Nap, so I read EVERY post until I got the one that stated we have a 3 turn Nap.

You could have said a 10 or 20 turn nap but unless we discussed it (actually I got confused between you and TC who I DO have a 5 turn Nap with) I am not going on an error.

We have a 3 turn Nap and I will honor that...I did not wait until next turn or the turn we where to fight. I looked it up and corrected it the SAME turn I gave the original Nap and I will stick to the 3 turn Nap.

I hope you understand, but if you don't you might want to start taking notes so these things don't reoccur.

As I said, I have no hope to win this game but I am ready to fight now while I have some type of alliance. This game has been fun but slow paced and I am ready for it to come to a climax. As far as I am concerned, you and TC can fight it out for the winner (although Niefl might have something to say about it). I am not a quitter and leaving you with an AI this late in the game is unfair to everyone. So lets wait till turn 98 and Start slapping each other around.
Old June 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Okay, grudgebringer sent me a pm a bit worried that I might have been stirring up problems that didn't need to exist, and I apologize for that. I should have explained coherently (rather than just in my head) that I was pointing out where don pablo may have gotten the impression that there was in fact a 5 turn NAP, and that was all I was intending to do. I apologize for any confusion that may have resulted from my action. I of course know nothing about the specific details of NAPs between the players of this game,as I am merely an outside observer.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:38 PM

Corporal

don_Pablo is on a distinguished road

Well..
I'm confused very much for I can't show you a screenshot of that our dialogue. My old account was deleted so I have no access to messages of that period.
As I remmember you offered NAP3 via public forum but later offered NAP5 in private message. But I can't prove that.

So...
I can't but apologize to you.
You are free in your actions.
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:58 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Don_Pablo,

I keep all my messages and the only one I have offered a Nap 5 to is TC, who accepted.

You are an ally with TC, ask him to look thru the forum for the Nap 3.

Listen, I am not picking on you personally as I think both you and TC are very good and honorable players. I would be proud to have you as allies in another game.

This game is dragging on too long and we need to finish it up, you guys will win but at least I will go out fighting and not running...Good luck my friend.
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Corporal

2Niefel: that was a foul trick. Stop spamming my artifact pool.
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:11 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

OK, I just checked as I couldn't believe that Helheim's provinces dropped so fast and found out he has staled the last 3 out of 4 times.

Being that Tir and TC are the only ones at war with him and have benefited GREATLY (they have each picked up approx 8 to 10 provinces that I can see from the last time I checked the scores).

The game has become somewhat unbalanced because of this. It is not Tir or TC's fault Helheim staled and it is probably mine for not noticing as admin.

But I personally would not have broken my Nap with Tir if I had known I could attack Helheim with impunity and I believe Niefl and Ulm would feel the same way.

I am putting the game on hold until we figure this out, so let's have opinions please.

What does everyone want to do? This game will NOT be over for 50 more turns I promise you (that might be a record for a MP game).

This has been a good game and we have all learned a lot and got to do some things we haven't got a chance to do before. But personally, the micro management is becoming more of a chore than a joy and 50 more turns will probably not see us all finish the game for one reason or another..

We have a few choices...

1. we can try and find a sub for Helheim and give him a moratorium on attacking him for a spell to let him repair himself.

2. We set Helheim to AI and we all jump on him (but I see that as a problem as some would feel that they are getting a short share).

3. We declare exhaustion, no winner or losers and we let the game die an honorable death.

4. We continue and have real life come into play and people decide the game has gone on long enough.

Let me know what everyone wants to do....
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM

Corporal

1) I'm sure that the game will be finished in 50 turns or sooner in any case.

2) Helheim started staling after being defeated in some battles not so long ago.

3) Most of prov's he lost are underwater. He has a few possibility to defend them agains remote attacks. And he lost them BEFORE his stales. After stales I took just a couple of his forts and almost none of the provinces.

4) there was a period I thinking stales to be a part of his strategy. He shows his weakness and vulnerability and thus involves you at our war.

As for your suggestion I can agree with any but №3.

Last edited by don_Pablo; June 24th, 2010 at 10:43 PM..
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:01 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

OK, I appreciate your opinion and will note it.

No one else has made a move to let me know. And YES it WILL go on for 50 turns as there are some suprises next turn from what I understand.

What I am saying is that I am starting to lose interest in 2 seperate 4 hour sessions every turn, and it will only get longer. Helheim going AI is NOT an option I am afraid and I have PM'd Ossa.

Let us see what everyone else has to say. If you could PM TC and ask him to read this I would appreciate it.

Thanks for responding
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Niefl (Xanatos) sent me this by E-mail as he doesn't use the PM mmuch.

"I am up for it as well, if helheim quit it ruined the game."

I am waiting on Ulm to say what they think and TC what they think.

However, IF Helheim is done, and Niefl is done if Helheim quits, and I don't want to pursue it for the same reasons (along with length of game and turn obligations (although, IF we continue I am going to want to increase the time between turns), then if you guys want to fight it out we can set it to AI and you guys can fight it out although it won't go in the winners HOF.

I did that one time all by myself just because I wanted to try some stuff out.

Like I said, I will put this game on hold till I hear from everyone and hopefully Helheim.