World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 23rd, 2015, 11:37 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I wanted to further ensure I had identified the correct ERA for the Taiwanese CM-11 as noted in the previous 3 (328-330) posts. This of course would involve the AMX-30B2 but more specifically the AMX-30B2 BRENNUS which this MBT is named for by the addition of the BRENNUS ERA (At 400mm equivalency.) package. I can confirm the ERA package I identified for the CM-11 is correct as posted above. The issue I came across deals with the fact that the AMX-30B2 BRENNUS looks to have remained in service longer than 12/2005 as currently in the game, however that game date is correct for the AMX-30B2. The need for the AMX-30B2 BRENNUS and apparent extended service is directly linked to two separate but directly related link to the LECLERC MBT. The issues are first the delay of the operational capability of the LECLERC due to technical and the economic issues France was dealing with during this tanks developmental phase. France was forced to provide a stop gap measure which lead to the AMX-30B2 BRENNUS ERA packaged MBT. The second appears to be tied to the development of the LECLERC MARS MBT which first appeared and was retro-fitted (LECLERC "standard" MBT.) between 2005-2008. A further requirement seems to be tied to Frances need to maintain them also for the Rapid Action Force/French: Force d'action Rapide (FAR as it's better and simply known by.) Though I've seen a couple of sources to indicate the AMX-30B2 BRENNUS was out of service by 12/2008 I believe along with most I've found concerning this MBT that 12/2010 is not an unreasonable end date. All do agree that the numbers were drastically reduced by this time as the last of the LECLERC MARS would have been retro-fitted and returned to the field with the "bugs" teethed out certainly by 12/2010. So I recommend...
FRANCE/AMX-30B2 BRENNUS/UNITS 027 & 028/CHANGE END DATES/DEC 2010 vice DEC 2005.//

The following provides crystal clear pictures to distinguish between the ERA on the CM-11 ERA and the AMX-30B2 BRENNUS as these last four Posts cover. Also provides good background information on other improvements made to the type. Also by the way, they have 45 of these MBT's to sell if you have a mind to take care of any "road rage" issues in your morning commute!?!
http://www.flanderstechsupply.com/im...esentation.pdf

Don would agree with the fact I'm done "looking" at things here, besides I just want to play my game. Darn Russians played me to a draw in my second game of Norway vs. Russia, this is the 3rd Campaign and many battles that I've faced the T-72B3 if you've not encountered this MBT yet, do not under estimate, it will be at your peril!

Don it's fighting as submitted and expected.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 23rd, 2015 at 11:52 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 30th, 2015, 02:21 PM

Lieutenant General

I will offer my thinking to this next question below. There is no doubt in my mind these two tanks will be new to the Chinese OOB (Or will need modification.), the TYPE 99AZ and TYPE 99KM. What I'm requesting from the tankers in the community is whether or not the TYPE 99 pictured at the bottom appears to be the TYPE 99KM with the 155mm MG. I feel myself it's the TYPE 99AZ with the standard but improved 125mm MG. What concerns me though is that the thermal sleeve looks longer and "fatter" and muzzle appears larger as well. It could be the angle of the bottom photo, not sure. Will try to find better pics and dig deeper however, I just would appreciate for now a "gut check" from the tanker community as I'm dealing with some time sensitive issues at the moment-thank you in advance!!

Pics:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZTZ99_Type99W Z123 Chinese Army.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	13546
Standard TYPE 99/125mm

Name:	Chinese TYPE 99AZ or KM with 155mm MG..jpg
Views:	190
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	13547
TYPE 99AZ/125mm or KM/155mm

If I get any responses, 7 is the magic number no more needed after that please!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 30th, 2015 at 02:35 PM..
Old March 31st, 2015, 01:49 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Looking at the pics, and doing a bit of measuring, I think the thermal sleeve and muzzle are the same, it's just the angle of the bottom picture.
The upper one is an almost "side" perspective whereas the lower is closer to 45 degrees, this the parallax makes the portions closest to the camera seem larger.

My OPINION anyway.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2015, 12:53 PM

Lieutenant General

As I stated I feel the same. I was in a hurry as noted when I came across this tank issue. I still haven't had the time to find better pictures. And I'm trying to find better evidence about the TYPE-99KM many say they have it already in the field at least in limited numbers, some say 2020 or just before before it gets fielded. But the real find for me is that I actually found a site that will allow me to get the LECLERC issue finally settled with the dates I needed on the improved LECLERC types in armor and TI/GSR improvements so I'm happy with that and it only took a year and half bonus all around!!

Regards,
Pat

Old April 13th, 2015, 03:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Well it looks like the Russians are going to parade about 6-8 new systems in the May Day parade. I've been tracking most for some time now but, the next and one I'm about to post in the APC Thread I've been tracking and posting on since they were just rumors.
Before I do the question is where are we going to put them?
Given the thread most have figured out this is about the ARMATA T-14 officially speaking...
http://www.armyrecognition.com/weapo...ino_range.html

What can be inferred by these pictures? Basically the following in my option from years of tracking this since the BLACK EAGLE in Post #1...
1. This is as advertised a new platform and not an extended hull T-72 modified unit that includes the T-90 series of tanks. The "clean" appearance does suggest a new armor package has been developed for this tank again as suggested in the past by some.

2. The new road wheel set also indicates a new design as well with seven per side vice the standard six per used on Russian tanks now. And unlike N. Korea's PYOONG(?) (It had seven also as I remember.) stretch T-64/T-72 I again stand by my thinking that we're seeing a brand new platform as promised by the Russian Military at the outset of this project.

3. I can confirm a 125mm and that it is of a new type as well. The barrel does appear a little longer in the top picture notice the tank in the background right side it would appear that the thermal sleeve is more forward then normal also though covered, the flash/muzzle suppressor also seems to indicate a different shape/appearance. These are indicators that possibly it will definitely use a new ATGM or a highly modified current ATGM such as the new KORNET-EM. There was some talk of an optional 152mm as pictured in the above post on the Black Eagle. It is "rumored" that Russia might still field them in very limited numbers as a "tank destroyer" but if done we won't see it before games end.

4. The turret does look new and not of the "standard" Russian ones on their T-72/T90 tanks however I do not believe this to be laid out as on the last set of artist conception drawings everyone got "jazzed up" about a couple of months ago in this thread. It does appear the a RO mini-gun or AGL is mounted on the turret as well. It's also designed to carry up to a 30mm AC.

Won't have time now for the APC post but in the short run, the BOOMERANG is alive it looks like a slightly longer Patria AMV 8x8.

Have a good night-I can't wait to see how wrong I am!?!

It won't be submitted until fielded (Or at least within 6 months.) that's the standard set between the "Boss" and myself .

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old April 15th, 2015, 05:48 AM

Private

Paulus_PAK is on a distinguished road

In this thread http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50717 I've uploaded some early pics of new platforms.
Here are additional T-14 pics.
There're few things that can be taken as certain (or rather estimated) about this construction.
First and most important - 3 men crew with unmanned turret. The crew is housed in a compartment separated from the rest of the hull, especially from the ammuniton storage.
Gun - it is a 2A82 125 mm or some modification of it. 152 mm was rather shelved for now. There're rumours ciculating on polish forums that Armata could be using some new ammunition, based on Grifiel 152 mm family.
Weight is estimated between 55-60 tons.
Engine - possibly an A-85-3A or modification of it (power estimation - between 1500 and 2000 hp).
New active protection system - Afganets (softkill and hardkill).
FCS, visuals - unknown, with rumours of gsr use.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	T-14 parade.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	13581   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-14 full.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	13582   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-14 full -2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	13583  
Old April 21st, 2015, 01:22 AM

Private

Additional pics of T-14, T-15, Kurganets 25 and Koalitsya. They're from training before V-Day in Alabino.
Looking at the crew of T-14 gives a good perspective its size - this thing is huge, much bigger than T-64/T-72/T-80/T-90 family.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	T-15.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	13607   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-14a.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	13608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kurganets.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	13609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kurganets b.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	13610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Koalitsya.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	13611  

Old April 21st, 2015, 02:05 AM

Lieutenant General

It will be a bigger MBT ~10 tons heavier than a T-72,~7 more than a T-80 and finally ~4 more than a T-90. The consistent range I've seen puts the fully equipped troop carry btwn. 6-8. The ref. below has the best uncovered view seen so far and is consistent with earlier posted pictures down to the road wheel count. The Russians will have the final "say" on what we'll ten days concerning ARMATA but I'm expecting at least a covered turret but, maybe Mr. Putin will prove me wrong!?! A little reverse physiology in case he checks out our forum!?!
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/armata.htm

Regards,
Pat

Old April 21st, 2015, 04:39 AM

Private

All vehicles are expected to be fully presented at the V-Day parade at Moscow. On April 30'th the will be a night rehearsal at Moscow but I don't think there would be any changes and new equipment will be still covered. Russians are keeping a tight grip on informations (apparently all the published pics were controlled leaks).
Old May 11th, 2015, 03:01 AM

Lieutenant General

I'm waiting for the Army Technology website to catch up (From APC Thread.) as historically they are good about providing measurements on the equipment they add under their "Projects" section. Am I to understand the plan is to have a patch in 2016? If so please let me know so I can get these things off my work list. We didn't have this when I submitted the Japanese TYPE 10 providing the ref. in case you see something different but understand this MBT is no "light weight" and generally falls in the middle of the various Top 10 lists out there, TI/GSR 50 if not done so has been on that list for awhile now as well, measurements in second sub para if I recall.
http://www.army-technology.com/proje...ttle-tank-mbt/

Will be out of town in about oh my my-6hrs. best get some sleep, and you get better. This could be my biggest submission for around the world yet!! Another all continent and thread package.

Regards,
Pat