Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:09 PM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IDF OOB project.

Magach Chaos!

Here we are than, took a break and back. The IDF had 11 to 15 models of the M48 and M60 in service. It is really, really hard to know when each model entered service and when it was retired. Iwill do my best, fixing here what i can. I am sure alot moire can be done but honestly it would take the curator of Latrun to do it, and I am not him.

M48A1 and A2 tanks were sold to israel from 62-64 by the US and west Germany, and are accurately represented by unit 020. So far so good. **** will now hit the fan.

Unit 021 Mag'ach 3, Unit 022 Mag'ach 3:
As far as I could figure out, the tanks were all upgraded with L7 guns. There is really no need for two versions of the tank(both weapons have identical stats as it is)I also suggest an obsolete tank unit added for this tanks(start 1969 end 1980 ish). I haven't been able to find information about dates, but I would think the current dates are p. much on the spot.

Unit 023 Mag'ach 5, Unit 024 Mag'ach 5:
Start date for 023 should be 1979, Mag'ach 5 was the M48A5, only sold to Israel that year...Obsolete tank unit should exist from 1970 at the least.

Unit 025 Mag'ach 5A I havee no idea what this is. It might have existed but was probably a minor change from 5. End and start dates make no sens. Could not find it in searches. I think it should be removed.

Okey so far for today, I will try to post next on the rest of the Mag'ach units in the OOB(there are alot).