World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 27th, 2023, 02:53 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

ORNX is consistently updating this and the Ukrainian list as well, as I noted in my last submission and other posts. By way of example, when I started putting this together last Oct. on my list of equipment to submit (Russian) as captured by the Ukraine I recorded in my notes how many were captured throughout the process until submitted.

T-72B3M (100) + the plus indicated the number had increased since I last recorded it. I would update them also throughout the two weeks I was working on the list on WORD for my final submission to include the night I posted it.

Not all increased in the final night but, 2 tanks and 1 APC did see increases of no more than by 3 units.

In short everyday once a unit has been verified to fall into any of the categories they're using to include the "Unidentified" sections on the ORNX list and as I also submitted in the submission, this lends itself to the validity of the ORNX list.

Track it for yourself you'll see a change on a couple since I posted my submission last week.
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/
(Know and "reference" your source.)
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/0...equipment.html
(Russia)
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/0...ukrainian.html
(Ukraine Sroll down this list see what FLAGS also come up from foreign suppliers.)
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/0...ring-2022.html
If it flies both sides.)

Defense and Media are using this site as "another tool in the toolbox" that's good enough for me and as I pointed out in an earlier post it's also good enough for JANE's though CINCLANTHOME doesn't really appreciate that!?!

I almost forgot; I believe Mark S. was the first to bring it up but yes, the T-90S is confirmed by varies media outlets as being involved in the Ukraine. Numbers are mixed however all seem to indicate a small amount only involved.

DIDN'T MAKE MY LIST AS IT DIDN'T MEET MY "2+1" REQUIREMENT AND THERE WAS NO ADDED VALUE TO HAVING THEM IN WHEN I HAD BETTER QUALITY RUSSIAN ONES ALREADY SUBMITTED. NOT SHOUT JUST MISS KEYING IS ALL-SO GOOD NIGHT!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 27th, 2023 at 03:04 AM..
Old January 27th, 2023, 01:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: MBT's

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...d_2_tanks.html

Quote:
Six European countries including Finland, Germany, Norway, Poland, Portugal, and Spain are ready to provide Ukraine with Leopard 2 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) coming from their military inventories. On January 25, 2023, the Government of Germany approved the delivery to Ukraine of 14 Leopard 2A6

This is what is potentially available ( so far........)

- Finland: 100 Leopard 2A6 in service and 100 Leopard 2A4 in store
- Germany: 223 leopard 2A5/2A6 in service, 98 Leopard 2A7/2A7V, 55 Leopard 2A4 in store
- Norway: 36 Leopard 2A4 in service and 16 in store
- Poland: 97 Leopard 2A4, 105 Leopard 2A5, and 45 Leopard 2PL
- Portugal: 37 Leopard 2A6 in service
- Spain: 108 Leopard 2A4 and 219 Leopard 2E, a Spanish variant of the German-made Leopard 2A6.
and FWIW Canada has promised 4 2A4's from storage and the info I have is regular maintenance has not been done so who knows if or when they might/maybe get there and if they are the 2A4 or 2A4M

I already have 2A4's and 2A6's "active" in the UKR OOB and we'll see if any 2A5's show up. There are a couple of months yet to nail halfway probably WAG for when they might enter service with Ukraine

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; January 27th, 2023 at 01:43 PM..
Old January 27th, 2023, 03:31 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Poland will transfer not only 14 Leopards but also additional older PT-91 Twardy and T-72M1R altogether 60 tanks

Video from Canadian News

https://en.defence-ua.com/industries...anks-5566.html
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/better...aine-1.6248472
https://mil.in.ua/en/news/poland-is-...ks-to-ukraine/
The Following User Says Thank You to blazejos For This Useful Post:
Old January 27th, 2023, 04:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The good news is I already had them in the OOB
Did Poland send the non ERA version of the 91 as well ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; January 27th, 2023 at 04:27 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 27th, 2023, 04:11 PM

First Lieutenant

There is no Non ERA version of PT-91 Twardy [ That was main advantage over T-72]
But if we talked about T-72M1R they are without ERA bricks but as we saw Ukrainians equip them with ERA their own way

So what I found

This is T-72M1R(+) with Ukrainians additions from part which arrived to them in May 2022 visible are Kontakt Reactive armour on tower and hull also sides. Probably this bath will be upgraded the same way and painted to dark green colour.

Last edited by blazejos; January 27th, 2023 at 06:41 PM..
Old January 27th, 2023, 04:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Ah ! OK.

That is the photo I have in the game and I have it with ERA blocks...... but there are no PT-91's without ERA.. correct?

Last edited by DRG; January 27th, 2023 at 04:50 PM..
Old January 27th, 2023, 07:08 PM

First Lieutenant

Yes they are only in this variant with polish ERAWA era bricks so Ukrainians don't need to upgrade them with their Kontakt-1

Here is only know for me photo of PT-91 in Ukraine they are full green and look like they made for them some modifications but to which extend I don't know.
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1551490434051997696

In 2016 Ukrainians have plans to join polish modernisation program of PT-91 why because this tank is still based on T-72 which the have and both tanks have many common parts probably this cooperation never happens
https://www.kyivpost.com/post/8466
but they have industrial capacity which can upgrade PT-91 with many additional devices or armour which is nearly identical like on their T-72. For exmaple their industry may use some solutions build for T-72AMT (2020) so is possible that existing variant PT-91"жорсткий"(+) but I have no any photo as for now. They are stories that PT-91 from first batch were used on Cherson direction in October/November.

Old January 28th, 2023, 03:38 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I have come across a most interesting video from a "private sector" company under contract from the Russian Army to assist them in training tank crews.

This particular tank was in the most recent class to graduate from the school, though it is unsure why it took them two weeks to get to the front with it. It appears from this video they understand why now it took so long.

There are also similar stories of other tanks recently being delayed in getting to the front as well but at the same time, these are currently unconfirmed. But the reports point to the fact they went to the same training and potentially as yet unknown graduated in the same class as the one in the video below.

We are awaiting further information.
https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/...mishap-1777225

While uploading the above video we have received confirmation the missing tanks were from the same school and graduating class. The school is located in a small village about 18 miles SE of Moscow.

The name of the company is as translated "Tanks'r'Us LLC sounds familiar somehow.

It is also now known that all the instructors involved in training that class have been transferred to (I might be off a little on this translation) Gulag Firing-Squad, Siberia!?!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...fabfb4c580d15c

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 28th, 2023, 08:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: MBT's

Yeah........the guys trying to get out of that BMP(?) must have been really impressed with that tank commander as the cannon swept over the top of the vehicle

TO BE FAIR ( I know, it's difficult but.....) it's obvious the unit has just recently come under fire with one other tank with its turret upside down on the ground and probably chunks of what's left of that crew laying all over the place and a BMP smoking and coasting and the tank in question is buttoned up which means the crew has very limited " situational awareness" but they did swing the turret when they realized what as happening.

That may have been the first time that tank crew has seen combat There would have been orders being yelled over the intercom and three crewmen expecting their tank is next ...$hit happens. In combat it happens a lot

Last edited by DRG; January 28th, 2023 at 09:03 AM..
Old January 29th, 2023, 09:13 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

More on the Abrams fuel "issue"

Quote:
The military used to buy three fuels for general battlefield service:

MOGAS, which is just plain old regular unleaded gasoline

DF2, which is Number 2 Diesel. (There’s also a Number 1 diesel, which is lower in viscosity. You see it in Alaska.)

JP4, which is jet fuel. JP4 is a 50–50 mix of gasoline and kerosene with added corrosion inhibitors, water absorbers and other chemicals to make it work better in a military aircraft.

The Abrams tank’s Honeywell turbine engine will run on anything that will burn, so they ran it on DF-2.

Then the military got smart: Why bring three different fuels to the field? Especially since jet fuel and diesel are very close to one another? They phased out as much gasoline-powered equipment as they could - things like small generator sets and lanterns still use gasoline - and switched all the JP4 and DF2 users to a new fuel called JP8…which is civil Jet A1 fuel that has corrosion and moisture inhibitors in it. Now the Abrams runs on JP8. They work hard to keep the quality of JP8 high, but if you get some water or crud in it, your tank will run badly.
and...........
Quote:
The turbine was designed to use ANY liquid fuel from Benzene to Bacardi (151 and up)

Last edited by DRG; January 29th, 2023 at 09:27 AM..