This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old September 1st, 2001, 05:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Starwolf Has Been Released

To view the Starwolf Race, simply click this link. http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/NewAgeS...wolf/home.html

To download it, click the race portrait at the link. Let me know what you think.

------------------
"We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats! They invade our space and we fall back -- they assimilate entire worlds and we fall back! Not again! The line must be drawn here -- this far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" -- Captain Picard STNG
New Age Ship Yards
Old September 2nd, 2001, 12:12 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Starwolf Has Been Released

Tampa Gamer, I was wondering if I could get this ship set added to the next update of the TDM mod pack?

Please let me know. Thanks.

------------------
"We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats! They invade our space and we fall back -- they assimilate entire worlds and we fall back! Not again! The line must be drawn here -- this far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" -- Captain Picard STNG
New Age Ship Yards
Old September 2nd, 2001, 08:45 PM

Captain

Deathstalker is on a distinguished road

Very nice! Havn't played vs. them yet but the artwork/pictures are very nice....

Human existance is all imagination...Reality is no more than a simple agreement among its participants that this is where we shall meet, and these are the rules that we shall abide by.- Kevin McCarthy/David Silva The Family:Special Effects..

Long Live the Legion!!-Comic book fandom...
Old September 2nd, 2001, 11:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanks. It means a lot when people of your calibur complent me.
Old September 5th, 2001, 06:02 PM

Captain

I have played around with the Starwolf shipset and I have a few questions/comments.

The .emp files have Crystalline tech as part of them but the tech does not show up in the AI files?? (the AI seems to be a 'Rage' type with ppb and Null-space)...

That and I don't know if you knew, but in the DesignCreations txt the ship 'sizes' have to be listed 'backwards' to be effective. The AI always reads the first design in the list and if it has the most currently discovered tech it is built, so if you list the designs 10-400kt, 401-600kt etc then the 400 kt/LC will be the biggest design built. List them 1500-801, 601-800, 600-301, 300-10 etc and all will be well. This works for bases/satts/wp etc as well.

Just some comments, don't take them to harshly (they are not intended as such)...Still love the artwork and they are fun to play against

------------------
"And what the hell would you know about sanity?" demanded Beatrice. "There are depressed lemmings on the edge of cliffs who've got a better grasp on reality than you have. And more common sense."--Simon R. Green 'Deathstalker Rebellion'.

"We are all...the sum of our scars"....(paraphrased) Matt. R. Stover-'Blade of Tyshalle'.

"Memory," the old man said softly, "is tricky. I have learned two things from it. One: That without meaningful memories, there is no life. Two: that we are desperate for our lives to make sense, to have meaning,--and at a great enough remove , all memory is malleable." -Michelle West 'Sea of Sorrows', SunSword book IV.

Human existance is all imagination...Reality is no more than a simple agreement among its participants that this is where we shall meet, and these are the rules that we shall abide by.- Kevin McCarthy/David Silva The Family:Special Effects..

Old September 5th, 2001, 09:31 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanks, I am nt an AI expert. When I set those EMP files up, I set them up for the way I like play. That now, in retrospect, was a mistake.

The AI is based off of the Rage AI. I played the Rage in my Last game, and loved their attituted.

This is only a Version 1 release, and as problems get identified, I will try to fix them. Of course, anyone is welcome to change the AI and alter the EMP files, and if you do PLEASE for the love of the game, send them to me so I can use them too.
Old September 5th, 2001, 09:43 PM

Captain

Quote"Of course, anyone is welcome to change the AI and alter the EMP files, and if you do PLEASE for the love of the game, send them to me so I can use them too. "

hmmmm.....you like to play them with Crystalline tech eh? Let me fiddle a bit and I may have something for you within a little while (prob by monday).....