Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 11th, 2006, 10:42 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Announcement About the ACG/SZO Forums

It looks like the ACG/SZO Fours will be separate again back to the way they were before the merger. Actually they will pretty much be identical except that they will each have their own DB. The way I understand it is that existing members will have accounts at both locations BUT new members will have to sign up to access one or both forums. We may also be shuttling some staff around so they can concentrate on their own area instead of everyone trying to cover everywhere.

Here is the official announcement;

Quote:
Siberian Heat said:
Gents,

Don and I have been talking about this for some time, and we've made the decision to split the forums back into their original parts - with SZO handling the games material, and ACG handling the history material. This really won't affect most people who only visit their own particular forum (be it history or games) although some folks who frequent both might have to make a few extra clicks to see both sections now. All user registrations will remain the same, so you are free to bounce back and forth, although your post counts may go down unless all your posts are in the games section or only in the history section.

This will not affect the main pages of either site, as they are already separate entities, but by splitting the forums into two manageable sections, we are hoping to reduce the server load and make the day-to-day administration easier. This is the end goal, and ACG and SZO will continue to be close allies into the future.

In talking to our host they informed us that the best time for them to do this transfer is sooner rather than later. Thus, we are going to be doing this tonight! The forums are going to go offline tonight, and probably stay offline until sometime tomorrow during the day. After that time, you should see the two "new" forums (one at armchairgeneral.com/forums and the other at strategyzoneonline.com/forums). Don and I must apologize in advance for the short warning...but our window of opportunity had to fit within the needs of our host. The database is so large they have to plan large overnight blocks of time to get it done!

Hopefully this is a painless process, but if history is any indication, technical projects such as this inevitably find snags. Thanks for your continued support and patience.

Brian
Old January 11th, 2006, 04:39 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Announcement About the ACG/SZO Forums

Mike (Double_Deuce),

By the way, I wish to thank you for all the good support that, you personally, provide to the WinSPMBT community!

friendly yours,
Pyros

p.s due to the split of the forums, I haven't been able to get your last PM.
Old January 11th, 2006, 06:06 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Announcement About the ACG/SZO Forums

You've done alot yourself.

A good thing about the forums being offline is I have time to work on my US Marine 2006 Campaign.

PS. I was able to read yours BUT not reply yet.
Old January 14th, 2006, 05:31 AM

Sergeant

JohnHale is on a distinguished road
Default Good to see the ACG/SZO Forums are back! (n/m)

Old January 14th, 2006, 11:45 PM

Corporal

markgame is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good to see the ACG/SZO Forums are back! (n/m)

Glad to see that the forums are back up, Double_Deuce, and glad to see that it gave you time to work on your campaign!