World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 10th, 2006, 07:39 AM

Private

Frederik is on a distinguished road
Default Idea for improvement...

I have an idea that could be fun to diskuss:
If a blue squad moves one hex forward to an empty hex, which is adjacent to a red squad, there is a risk that red will notise blue and react. Thats good and realistic. But if blue is a sniper in a jungle-hex, the risk of detection is very low. I have experienced that the sniper got detected anyway. In the real world it would be possible for a sniper to sneak into the hex with very very little risk of detection, but he would have to move very slowly. So what I propose is a "sneak"-button. One would click the blue sq., click the "sneak"-button, click the destination-hex (must be adjacent). The sq wouldn't move, though. Only when he/she clicks "next", the sq would move, in sneak-mode, into the hex and the risk of detection would be extremely low, but the player would not be able to do anything with the sq before the end of the following round.

Was any of this understandable? If think it would make movement more realistic, because a sq in the vietnamese jungle would not be moving into a dangerous hex, marching along, with their rifles on their shoulders, singing the sad songs of theier native country. They would very slowly sneak in there, to see whats going on.

Speed vs. detection.
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:17 PM

Corporal

Pepper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Idea for improvement...

interesting idea ... trading movement points for lower detection rates.

the main problem i see is that snipers are already at minimum detectable level aren't they? (size 0 or such?) the only way to decrease detection chance would be to start adjusting the potential spotting unit's numbers and that could get hairy quick?

if possible I agree would be a nice touch. unfortunately with this ol' beast they're keeping alive here I'm afraid its probably not in the cards .... surprise me drg/mobhack?