.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM

Corporal

zlefin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sentient Machines - [Game on]

move bug has hit me twice in a row. I'm trying to isolate things a little while it's still fresh. I'm also not sure how I'm gonna do my turn, as getting hosed on the move twice in a row rather sucks.
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:11 AM

Corporal

Pelthin is on a distinguished road

Man I suck at ULM. I am down to my last few prov, and since I seem to be totally inept I am going to set myself to AI.

I just lost a huge battle for my Fort, and don't seem to have any counters for Vanheim. I really need to do some reading up on that.

But lightning just seems to be the bain of my troops. Even my elite troops get decimated by it, of course I did manage to outfit my prophet so he didn't die in the attack, but he didn't do anything either other than rout.

It was fun, and I learned a lot. Hope everyone has fun!
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:30 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

I would need 12h extension for current turn. Thanks.
Old August 8th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul View Post
I would need 12h extension for current turn. Thanks.
Delay granted.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:07 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

I'm off to Norway today (Sunday), coming back on Thursday. My current turn is in, QM said he'd either find me a sub or sub himself. It might've been a jest to get me sub a turn in Forge, but if that's the case, shame and blame on him.

Cya later!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:30 AM

Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul View Post
I'm off to Norway today (Sunday), coming back on Thursday. My current turn is in, QM said he'd either find me a sub or sub himself. It might've been a jest to get me sub a turn in Forge, but if that's the case, shame and blame on him.

Cya later!
I'll give an extension, if qm wants to sub, he can contact me with his e-mail.
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

The children of the Vanir cry out "who will save us?". They stare fearfully into the spreading swamps knowing the dark, fearful things stalk them from the shadows. "Save us!" they cry "For in saving us you save yourselves!".

Bah, where have the proud women of Vanheim gone? Do they cower with the children begging for big strong giants to come save them? Yet another self destructive nation has brought war against the Goddess of the Mountains and Lady of the Hunt. The corpse of Hinnom twitches fresh, yet the Vanir believe the lesson taught here is to attack into the swamp?

Come, little children, we will play a game...for now, the Lady of the Hunt stalks Vanir. As the peoples of Vanheim are flayed, their flesh claimed by warriors and lifesblood offered to the Lady's glory see the divine in this. Other nations forsake your false idols and proclaim for the Lady's ascension, for there is a grain of truth to the mewing from Vanheim. The bodies of Sauromatia's enemies will be piled deep while our friends feast to victory.
Old August 31st, 2009, 07:58 AM

Colonel

Hosting time updated.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:44 AM

Colonel

Allrighty, I have made myself AI. There isn't anything I can at this point against Sauromatia.

For those intrested, my "build" was:

W9A9D4B4!? Sleeping Blue Dragon with:

Dominion 4
Order 1
Sloth 3
Heat 3
Death 3
Misfortune 1

Even with sloth 3, Hinnom one scary nation (althought I couldn't build Melqarts, I didn't have the resources ). Expanding with Horites was suprisingly effective and with the farmlands near me, I was able to expand pretty well. My gold income rocketed and I was able to spam forest forts like mad. Mt blessing proved very scary on the few sacreds I was able to build. I was really confident in my start, but I forgot one crucial thing.

Never, ever, neverever, mess with Baalz playing with a nation that has blood and death access

So I attacked Sauromatia and things were going pretty well, but then he managed to kill my god by routing him and taking the single available retreat province. Apparently he had Medusa as his god that was able to fly to that retreat province I thought was 100% secure. This why you use scouts, kids! I was pretty dependant upon my god, and I didn't have the temples or the priests to call him back.

Baalz then continued to spoil my fantastic gold income with well placed Arouse Hungers, which apparently now with CBM boosts can beat giant PD under strenght 5. Didn't see that coming at all. When the Toads started dropping from the skies, my capital was shut down and my sweet sacreds with it.

With my gold income spoiled, so was my research, as I couldn't keep recruiting Ammies. As Baalz kept on pouring new and new toys at me, I was forced to send more and more mages to support my armies in the front-lines, which slowed my research even further.

Really, I'm sort of embarrased. I could have done better, but I'll take this an learning experience. My only saving grace was my Mazzikims, that kicked some serious arse with str boosts and body etheral (being size 1, you can hit five of them with single casting).
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

GG Burnsaber! You put up quite a fight under a brutal barrage, and your roving bands of mages & summons continued to rampage around for an impressively long time after I got you in a sleeper hold. I was pushing for a dominion kill as I wasn't entirely confident I could kill your last forces without great losses, but in the end I saw the opportunity. That rain of toads capital lockdown is pretty brutal on nations reliant on capital troops/mages, but also works well if you can bring it to bear in the early game when people have just a couple forts - can you imagine if you hadn't been able to spam up those forest forts?