.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 17th, 2012, 05:01 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Damn, I thought that lack of action looked suspicious. Now those battles feel a bit cheap.

Frankly I don't see how you could stop me in the long run either. I have only deployed my raiders, not my armies. And my main army carries the gatestone so can teleport, I'm just being careful to find out exactly what you have before dumping it on your cap. And while your Grendelkins are impressive, I don't believe they will stand up in the long run, I simply have the the resources to send in 5 times the number of SC you have at this point, producing new each turn. And I still haven't fallen back on kitting out vanjarls to anti SC, which I would if I had to deal with any serious raiding in my homelands.

If you were to march a big army against me you're looking at fighting 200+ recycling vampires under fog warriors, army of gold, rush of strength and rigor mortis etc. each step of the way (a way that gets longer for each slave I'm saccing to push my dom) while my main army teleports to take your castles before teleporting back home to beat whatever my vampires couldn't. All the while my raiding would go on with increased intensity. So unless you can both fight your way through that vamp defence and defend your homelands I don't see the tide turning.

That's not to say I would win fast or easy, you've been playing extremely good for a new player from what I've seen so far, especially considering you're fighting so many enemies at once. And you might have resource cards up your sleeve that I haven't seen yet.

The possibility I DO see is if you can make everyone else gang up on me right now, and muster a coordinated attack to force me back in defensive mode. That would let you retake your lands while my raiders fall back to defend. But that is supposing the combined punch outweighs my own counterstrike, which I'm not sure it will. And it would surely require dispelling the forge, or I will just be able to kit out far too many thugs and SC. But the likely leader after such a move, if sucessful and you kill me, is most likely to be Ermor I think.

I think Open the seal was a honeytrap in the situation you cast it. I believe it hurt you more than more than me to lose all the income, I was already pretty much a gem/blood economy and it didn't slow me down at all. While you would have made better use of the gold to push your PD to get darkness and buy more mages while using the death gems for massive remote raiding. Those ghouls would have been a different level of attack if made when you cast the seal and landing on every province I had while I was still fighting Niefelheim and Marverni. That + several blights at at my high income castles would have shut both my gold and my blood economy down.

But it's always too easy to say stuff like that in hindsight.

Last edited by Fantomen; August 17th, 2012 at 05:14 PM..
Old August 18th, 2012, 03:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

And this is a newbie game? Wow.
Old August 19th, 2012, 04:05 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Been struggling with some dental pain, sorry guys.

I'd be game to do stacks on Helheim for a few turns - everyone else in? Not sure it will help, but Fantomen is an experienced vet who seems happy to give advice, so it could be a good end game learning experience. :-)
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM

Corporal

momfreeek is on a distinguished road

I'd never considered arouse hunger before.. real cheap and not so weak its pointless. I could have spammed it with my one turn of utterdark, that would have been awesome! I never considered income reduction spells either but I see how its easy to determine the high income provinces.
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:50 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

Lanka will stand with the lady.

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:21 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
Lanka will stand with the lady.
Helheim?
Old August 24th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

I need a 24h delay.
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

Done.

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:29 PM

Corporal

megawidget is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all I'm flying out on vacation this evening, so this is the last turn I will be able to take before the 4th. I didn't want to delay the game, so I asked jimbojones1971 for a sub (though only a few days back).
Old August 26th, 2012, 06:10 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawidget View Post
Hey all I'm flying out on vacation this evening, so this is the last turn I will be able to take before the 4th. I didn't want to delay the game, so I asked jimbojones1971 for a sub (though only a few days back).
I will look for a sub.