Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old August 20th, 2023, 02:36 AM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great game

Oh wow so not a moderater a designer that makes this the best access game ever, I never heard of being able to talk to the designers in any game, thats really something. And what a great job you did with the game I cant beleive how much stuff is in it, really really good. Thanks.

And the scenarios are really good to I played already scenario 7 and put it in the editor to see if the trench problem is there as well. So if I do a Soviet Deploy in the editor I start with no mine points so I delete some mines and get 20 mines points I buy 5 mine and I now have 15 mines points left. I put in a long trench and I still have 15 mines points 🤔 I can put as many trenches in as I want now because they are free.😮 If I remove some of the trenches then I get even more points🤫 so I can cover the map all over with mines as well if I like.😳 Is that how it is meant to work. seems a bit strange to me

With the landing craft I just thought that if something didnt have a radio it couldnt call in artillery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christocipher For This Useful Post:
Old August 20th, 2023, 04:16 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Don (DRG) and I are the Camo Workshop, not some external moderators.

1) trenches can be weird, they are really for scenario designers. So in regualr battles just dont abuse them - I may look at the charging system, since t seems to be squiffy.

2) Landing craft were unable to call, even with radios, in the original SSI game. They did need fixing, and we did that when we eventually recieved the game code from SSI back when our games were MSDOS still (ie before the win versions of WW2 and MBT).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old August 20th, 2023, 07:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Great game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christocipher View Post
And the scenarios are really good to I played already scenario 7 and put it in the editor to see if the trench problem is there as well. So if I do a Soviet Deploy in the editor I start with no mine points so I delete some mines and get 20 mines points I buy 5 mine and I now have 15 mines points left. I put in a long trench and I still have 15 mines points I can put as many trenches in as I want now because they are free. If I remove some of the trenches then I get even more points so I can cover the map all over with mines as well if I like. Is that how it is meant to work. seems a bit strange to me
Which scenario were you making those changes to?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old August 20th, 2023, 07:56 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Great game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Which scenario were you making those changes to?
NEVERMIND......... I have it figured out. The "bug" is common to both games.

Points are not being deducted for trenches when they are laid but they are being returned when a section of trench is deleted

That will be one single bit of code and will be corrected for the next release.

Good catch

Sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes to spot something like that.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; August 20th, 2023 at 08:17 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old August 21st, 2023, 06:26 AM

Private

Thumbs up Re: Great game

Oh Ok there must be a lot of history I dont know but I really like this game it must heve every weapon of every army in it awesome. Ok so both desingers are here in the forum and talking even better havent seen that anywhere else and it great to meet you and scropiorocks too
Im still learning the obstacles and how the game plays. sometimes I see in the movies that its really hard to kill people in a trench or even a foxhole with a tank because you have to get the right angle. Sometimes I see the tanks just keep their heads down and pass by looking for artillery and HQs and stores. In the game its easy to kill the entrenched people. I though maybe it would be nice if pinned people in trenchs or the foxholes cant be killed at all or maybe much harder than it is now. I saw also people move slower in the trnches but really they would go faster.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christocipher For This Useful Post:
Old August 21st, 2023, 03:23 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

I think it's pretty hard to kill entrenched defenders unless you assault them or use extra powerful munitions, which is realistic in my opinion. It also depends on the year your fighting in, as certain types of weapon systems haven't been invented yet.

Last edited by Dion; August 22nd, 2023 at 02:03 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old August 23rd, 2023, 04:02 AM

Private

Hi Dion that's good information close assault and extra powerful munitions are different I'm thinking shooting from a distance does pinned mean they are lying on there bellies, not sure if it is then pinned in a trench would make it impossible to kill anyone further until they stand up again, from a distance

Also do you think it would it be good to move normal speed in trenches
Old August 23rd, 2023, 02:10 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Their suppression level is important. If they are pinned and highly suppressed and you can get your troops one hex away you get to-hit bonus that almost always pays big dividends

I know its tiresome to be told to RTFM and I know it's long and involved but there is good info on game play there.......

Quote:
If you need to advance infantry under enemy fire, to close or to retire or whatever, then you should first use (hopefully) stationary squads (or better yet AFV in close support) to fire covering fire at all known enemy infantry and MG, in the hopes you will shut these down, before you move the squad. Even if you do not pin the enemy or worse, the added suppression all makes it more difficult for him to hit the squad(s) you later intend to move. Use the Z key to fire suppressive fires into hexes you suspect have unlocated enemy infantry in them, if you have shots to spare (it is not very effective). If you have MMG or HMG, then when advancing, wait till these are set up and ready, and try to keep them outside rifle range whilst using them to hose down any located enemy (or leave with some unexpended shots for opportunity fires on enemy firing in their turn

Open the game guide and press CTRL+F and search for suppression.... there are 40 entries and they all provide info

Old August 23rd, 2023, 03:12 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

I dont use z-fire much, but in my experience one of the most important tools for infantry combat in this engine is smoke, because it allows you to segregate enemy units and concentrate on them one at a time, while making sure that your own units are engaged by as few enemies at the same time as possible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post:
Old August 23rd, 2023, 04:10 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yep. Smoke has many uses in the game