Original Schlock scenario conversation is here:

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...fpart=all&vc=1
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:15 PM

Sergeant

boran_blok is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Switch sides

Quote:
Strategia_In_Ultima said:
You know what would be a fun scenario? Something like ST:Enterprise, where you start as a low-tech race with a single homeworld amongst various large higher-tech races, wiht several wars likely to erupt. Also, if you get involved in a war (or if you start one), you will need to have at least one ally to watch over you to avoid your destruction. This would mean that diplomacy would play an important role in the game, and moreover some of the best chances of your victory would be by acquiring various techs from all sorts of races and using that to your advantage. For example, one race might posess high Troop technology, while another is proficient in the use of Fighters and another makes extensive use of Missile Weapons, but all three have little expertise in any tech area that another race has specialized themselves in. You (as being the small lowtech race) could be able to trade with all three, and thus acquire Troops, Fighters AND Missile Weapons, and thereby achieve technical superiority.
This is to some degree possible with the AST using the A-map included (where you start of with different sized homeworlds) if you give the AI bonusses you'll get quite a run for your money and you'll still be able to win (someday around turn 1000 or so)
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:33 PM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

No, I meant something different - well, partially different then.....

I meant that you start with 0 tech like a Low tech start, but that the other races - who ALREADY posess (large) interstellar areas with colonies and developed worlds - have higher-level tech, say, you start with Low tech but the others start with things like Destroyers, med-lev APBs, troops, fighters, mines, advanced drones, advanced sats, JPEs etc.
Old April 5th, 2005, 07:28 PM

Private

Blueentity is on a distinguished road

Couldn't one start a game and "sit on one's hands" for X turns to do that? It wouldn't be as rich as a scenario you are describing, but would give the AI a head start.
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:31 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Strategia, you can not do as you have described, at least there's no way that I know of. You must do it as Blueentity has described, basically don't do anything for a while to give the AI a head start.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

And then, later on, save that as a scenario and distrubite it here.....