.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:31 AM

Corporal

jotwebe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shared AAR Experience (pre-thread) (finalizing the planning stages, join if you w

Been looking into EA R'lyeh lately. Now that they get everything amphibious, there's no need to jump through hoops for amulets of the fish anymore. Much more fun. So, prepare to be probed by your new tentacled overlords
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:55 PM

Private

Roland Jones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shared AAR Experience (pre-thread) (finalizing the planning stages, join if you w

Okay, sticking with Helheim after all. Let's see if I do better with them now than I did my first game with them. (Which probably wouldn't have gone so poorly if my first action hadn't been to pick a fight with Hinnom.)
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM

Sergeant

Warhammer is on a distinguished road

I need to re-examine some pretender builds since they do not work under the new versions of CBM. Looking at T&C, Abyssia, and Caelum. Don't be afraid to pick any of these though.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:16 PM

Sergeant

Have we settled on Shadowshore as the map? I would like to do a test run using some possible builds. Also, to get a feel for how far apart we are going to be.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:45 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

Okay, i've talked to feinne and he's agreed to set up the map for us (Shadowshore). It will have seven land starts and 1 water start. Everyone should start near or on the periphery so no one is sandwiched in the middle. The start positions should be like positions on a clock. There will be at least a few coastal start positions because formoria is in the game and they need a coastal start.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:01 PM

Sergeant

Thanks!
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:22 AM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road

Hesitating between various blood nations. Mictlan, Lanka, or Pangaea... The problem with Mictlan is I'd feel compelled to be an aggressive bastard. Pangaea could be funny, but the maenad micromanagement may well be a pain. I think I'd go with Pangaea.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:43 AM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

Okay, so warhammer is working on some builds and we need to hear from GreyJoy.

I don't really like the placement of all nations that Feinne suggested- though i really really appreciate his work on this project so i am going to have a try with editing the map myself (Ldi suggested some stuff that should help). Once those things are done (hopefully tonight?), i will launch the game and the AAR thread.

At that point, you will all need to introduce yourselves and your nation, maybe trash talk a little, whatever. We'll play twenty turns (taking notes and screenshots as we go -or even writing the AARs as we go so they are ready to post), then when we hit turn 21 we'll post our turn 1 after action reports.

Looks like things are coming along nicely so get those pretenders designed and i'll get the map fixed up (probably tonight after the kids are in bed) and we'll be ready to go soon enough.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:31 AM

Sergeant

Alright, I'll go with Caelum. Cue up Ride of the Valkyries, ah... er... Helheim's in the game... right... OK, let's go with Thunderstruck instead then.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Hmm..... Fixed starts.... But if I end up on the Isle of Balor I will be crossed! No mater how thematic it might be!