.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:19 AM

Corporal

VALENT is on a distinguished road
Default Beginner

is there a possibility to play with other players beginners but witha master who helps me in PBEM?
i do'nt know the game very much and not in multi. if somebody can play with me and helps me in multi.
perhaps it isn't possible and it is not a matter but i try to make my question.
thinks to answer.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:21 AM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner

You can always send someone your turn results file (.trn), so he can have a peek at the current state of your game position.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 AM

Corporal

thinks
but is there a pbem for beginners in dom2?a multi which begins for beginners in dom2?
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM

Corporal

anatoli11 is on a distinguished road

If you go to the multi-player forun, new games are announced - beginner's games are common
Old April 3rd, 2005, 01:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

ioticus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
VALENT said:
is there a possibility to play with other players beginners but witha master who helps me in PBEM?
i do'nt know the game very much and not in multi. if somebody can play with me and helps me in multi.
perhaps it isn't possible and it is not a matter but i try to make my question.
thinks to answer.
Hi Valent,

I'd like to play a PBEM game with you. I'm not a beginner, but I'm not very good either. To help balance things, I could play, say, Mictlan and you could play Ulm on a small map with a high independent strength, like 6. If nothing else, at least the game would teach you what files to send and how PBEM works. Just send your pretender to singleman5[AT]hotmail[DOT]com with the name of the game (we can call it "noob") in the subject line.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:55 PM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

Salut Valent,
Why don't you try to join us at some PC4War games ? Don't be afraid, the other players (me included) aren't that good, they're just boasting ...
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:13 PM

Corporal

thinks to answers
", at least the game would teach you what files to send and how PBEM works. Just send your pretender to singleman5[AT]hotmail[DOT]com with the name of the game (we can call it "noob") in the subject line. "
i don't understand ,can you explain more please?what i have to do?
i don't understand how use the quote button, its different for the other french forum !sorry and also preview ,where is it ?what means "check spelling??"
can somebody explain.thinks

"at some PC4War games ? " i know where you are too strong for me its MY first multi and player very beginner!!
i am on the forum PC4war!! i am logged.
thinks to answer.
phil
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Dominions games have three files. One file is needed to host, or generate, next turn. That is the fhtrlnd file. Then there is .trn (like abysia.trn) that has everything you should know. Your provinces, your troops, your fights... The third file is a .2h file (like abysia.2h). It tells the host computer what you have done. Like, these troops move here, recruit mage and 10 soldiers here, these mages research...

In a PBEM, or play-by-e-mail, game, the players send the needed files to each other.

An example: you play Abysia. splooger plays Machaka.
You create a new pretender. You send splooger an e-mail that has \Dominions II\newlords\abysia.2h file, or abysia.2h in your \Dominions II\newlords folder.

PDF's computer generates new turn. He sends you abysia.trn file. You put that file into \Dominions II\noob folder. You have to make that folder yourself. Now you play your turn in the game called 'noob' and, after you are ready, you exit the game just as you normally would. Then you send splooger abysia.2h file that is in your \Dominions II\noob folder.

Now splooger's computer makes the next turn. He sends you another abysia.trn file, you play your turn and send him the new abysia.2h file.

The first abysia.2h file is from folder \Dominions II\newlords. It is your pretender. All other abysia.2h files are from \Dominios II\noob folder. They are the orders you give to your units and pretender and mages.

You get abysia.trn files. In them is information about what provinces you have, what troops you have in what provinces, what you have researched...

There is also fthrlnd file. You won't get it. Splooger's computer needs it to generate new turns.

To quote a message, you have to press Quote in the subject line. Look at the picture attached to this post. The quote button in the screen where you can write the post is only for adding a quote that is not from the message you reply to. Like
Quote:
Napoleon said:
The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.
Preview means "show me what this post looks like, but do not send it". After you have pre-viewed your post, you can choose to post it or to edit it more. Just make sure you post it at some point! Sometimes I edit my post many times, and when it finally looks good I forgot to actually post it.

Check spelling-button goes through your post, and tries to find words that are not "proper" English. It tells you that "vengance" is not English, and tells you to change it to "vengeance". It might also tell you that "multi" is not English, as it is short version of multiplayer or multiplayergame. I never use that, but sometimes think I should.

I hope someone else didn't write another post explaining these things three minutes before me!

Last edited by Endoperez; August 13th, 2008 at 11:31 AM..
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:29 AM

Corporal

[quote]

To quote a message, you have to press Quote in the subject line. Look at the picture attached to this post. The quote button in the screen where you can write the post is only for adding a quote that is not from the message you reply to. Like
Quote:
Napoleon said:
The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.
Quote:

]
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:31 AM

Corporal

thinks to Endpoerez for his explication for the multi.
the quote doesnot function, i don't understand.