.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road
Default A gift to the modding community

The attached file is a "null mod" of virtually every spell in Dominions II, in virtually the same order they appear in the research screen. The only known ways that this varies from perfection is that some national spells are missing.

What is a "null mod"? It means that - to the best of my ability, and Daesthai's ability - if you use this mod, nothing in the game will change in any way. If there are any changes, please tell me, as those are bugs.

Since this changes nothing, its only use is to help modders alter spell costs / paths / research levels from Dominions II's base settings. It is almost like providing all of Dominions II's spells in an editable text format... except that the effects of the spells cannot be changed (aside from summoned creatures), only the parameters (fatigue, gems, paths, research level).

I generated this because I am working on a comprehensive spell mod. And then I realized other people might like it too!

So, please enjoy!

Notes: This is a direct data rip from Daesthai's "The Tome" version 1.5. Some errors (mainly spell name mispellings) were corrected. I spent quite a while designing the correct excel macros to generate this, but Daesthai spent way more time making the original data sheet than I did making this mod.

Edit: Corrected version 1.3 attached.

-- Version 1.3 fixes:
-- Most site-search spells had the wrong gem cost. Thanks, Bummer_Duck!

Edit: Corrected version 1.4 attached. I doubt there are more than 1 or two errors left, and they're probably minor if they exist.

-- Version 1.4 fixes:
-- Fairy Trod cost.
-- Frost Dome cost.
-- Water Ward capitalization.
-- Seven Year Fever cost.
-- Leprosy research level (7 to 6).
-- Vortex of Returning cost (2 to 3).
-- Master Enslave path level (9 to 8).
-- King of Elemental Fire cost (35 to 50).

...That's all I found after 12 hours of working with all the spells. KoEF was the only big one, IMO.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 341795-nullmod14.zip (11.1 KB, 187 views)