This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old December 7th, 2000, 05:49 PM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New ShipDesign Mod

Sounds good, Tampa_Gamer. I'm short of time at the moment but I will make a custom races and see how it's going along.
By the way I have the same feeling about the patch as you.
Old December 8th, 2000, 02:19 AM

Captain

Tampa_Gamer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New ShipDesign Mod

Talenn - I think seeing your compilied set will still be helpful. I also like the ideal about advanced propulsion also affording greater fuel efficiency.

Mephisto - Agreed, but I am backing-off of total AI mods for all races at this point until the next patch (also b/c as I indicated below, I am at work right now for all my waking hours!). I have a feeling the next patch will focus on AI a bit with all the attention it has gotten on the Boards. However, what I am doing is concentrating on making the AI changes to one race (a custom one) that can be added to the game whenever you play it. This makes it easier (1) to test, (2) for others to add it to their existing data set without losing all their mods, (3) to compare it to the default races (I keep full view scoring on so I can monitor how the races do over many games), and (4) to work into any later patches that come out. I am currently still tweaking my "Darlock" type race.

I suppose what I am proposing is that we each concentrate on making a custom AI race (you can modify an existing one if you want and rename it to something else). But instead of concentrating on the ship sets (like others), we tweak the AI data files. Then we can trade them and compare how they do against both the default AI races and each of our "custom races." Of course, this ideal will not work with a heavily modified component/facility file, but at least it could provide some baseline comparisons - Any thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Tampa_Gamer (edited 07 December 2000).]