.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:32 AM

Corporal

msew is on a distinguished road
Default For the love of god how do you view the Posts from oldest to newests and not newests

For the love of god how do you view the Posts from oldest to newests and not newests to oldest?

so you have

May
June
July

NOT

July
June
May

~msew
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:37 AM

Corporal

Phule is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For the love of god how do you view the Posts from oldest to newests and not newests

Follow the link in the lower left corner, labeled "Printer-friendly view of this topic"

Get my Runesword II tomes from my website
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:59 AM

Corporal

Default Re: For the love of god how do you view the Posts from oldest to newests and not newests

Yeah then you lose the coloring and all of the other nice aspects of the bboard.

The fact that "printer friendly" is in the _correct_ ordering, means that someone specifically set the display order to be backwards.

Who ever the siteadmins are: there should be a way to allow the USERS to configure which way they desire to see the Messages date ascending or descending. Please gives the choice.

~msew
Old July 1st, 2004, 10:42 AM

Corporal

Ivan Pedroso is on a distinguished road

Why don't you make a search before making a thread ?

This issue of "sdrawkcab" has been around forever apparently. I myself am rather new to these forums, and I don't expect them to change things just because I (the center of the world) has made my entrance. Even the title of your thread is arrogant and annoying.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but come on - it's not the end of the world and surely "the love of god" shouldn't be wasted on this

[ July 02, 2004, 09:15: Message edited by: Ivan Pedroso ]
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by msew:
The fact that "printer friendly" is in the _correct_ ordering, means that someone specifically set the display order to be backwards.

Who ever the siteadmins are: there should be a way to allow the USERS to configure which way they desire to see the Messages date ascending or descending. Please gives the choice.
In the shrapnel.general forum there is a thread to discuss this. Even a POLL for how people want it.

There, and in threads which have occured in each of the Boards seperately, you will discover that..
it was setup in the "support forum" mode on purpose.
now that it has grown to such a surprising amount it does seem that at least an option for "community chat" mode wouild be good.
at the time it was done, this software didnt support it as an option.
an upgrade for this software is purchased but it does things VERY differently (shifts from CSS to MySQL for storage.
the important factor now is NOT losing the wealth of useful information in these forums by trying to add a feature that some Users want.
Things are progressing slowly and carefully.

Feel free to vote in the poll and join the conversation at http://www.shrapnelgames.com/cgi-bin...=000024#000057
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:20 AM

Corporal

ivan:

I value my time greatly. And I also expect the smart people running the bboard to see that there is a usability issue and correct it.

It needs to change. If you don't accept this, well I am sorry for you. If you get your panties in a twist over people feeling strong about such issues then I suggest you not hang out on the internet nor in society in general.
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:46 AM

Corporal

gandalf:

sweet! thanks for the informative post!! I added my position to the thread you provided.

~msew
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:56 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It needs to change. If you don't accept this, well I am sorry for you. If you get your panties in a twist over people feeling strong about such issues then I suggest you not hang out on the internet nor in society in general.
Please lose the attitude, it just shows off the fact that you aren't as knowledgeable as you think you are.
Old July 6th, 2004, 04:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I value my time greatly. And I also expect the smart people running the bboard to see that there is a usability issue and correct it.

It needs to change. If you don't accept this, well I am sorry for you.
Everything has its Pros and Cons. I can see your side of it.

Of course a support-format is done for the value of the time of the support people. Seeing the latest first, and then reading backward, helps to insure that responses are made only to the problems which need answered.

If it read from first to Last then you have to read the entire thread and get the gist of "never mind" or "ok I found this also" and "wait thats not it but now I have this". Its especaily an important format for keeping staff people and developers active in forums.

But as I said, the recognition that the forums have gone beyond "support" and into "community chat" has already happened. We are just being careful not to lose the wealth of information we have already built up as we move to the new software.

[ July 06, 2004, 15:25: Message edited by: Gandalf Parker ]
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)